• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

20 Player NBA Draft Playoff 1 : WLK vs Milk

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG - Dennis Johnson > PG - Mark Price
This matchup is not really close... DJ had the speed to stay with Price defensively and I'll add a 6x 1st team all-D... He was also known as a PG who liked to post smaller PGs which is one of the main reasons I brought Laimbeer in on this group to clear the post... However KAJ would go out he'd probably guard Oakley, either way Price is very over matched in this spot...

I believe this is closer than you think it is... Price is a much better outside shooter and a much better passer. Price won't need to score so Johnson's defense really won't affect much. Price's job is to get the ball to KAJ, McGrady and Dantley so they can score and he would be pretty successful doing so.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd
PG - Baron Davis < PG - Cp3
Cp3 is better I agree... He's more a facilitator IMO but he so good he would do what he needed to... I think it hurts him or Harden since they both need the ball but again I think they could coexist because of cp3... However Baron was no slouch, he was Westbrook before Westbook only he passed more and got hurt more lol... But cp3 is better...

SG - David Thompson > James Harden
This might change by the time Harden is done but Thompson was a beast! Having him and Durant running wing with Davis pushing would be fast pace to say the least... This team is very much like the OKC team that had Harden... And the defense Harden plays Thompson might have gone for 40 lol...

SF - Kevin Durant > Cliff Hagan
This isn't close... He might hit 40 too lol... He's a 4x scoring champ and has only played like 6-7 years... He's 6'10" and there's no way Hagan could slow him...

PF - Larry Nance < Kevin McHale
Here's a big play for you... I'd probably play Mourning here because Zo was a cerebral player... Nance would try to block the up and under too much... He's better helping... Talk about uptempo though, McHale better get back on D... Nance was almost 20 a game too... Between all my guys, I also own the boards by the way...

C - Alonzo Mourning > Mark Eaton
I like Eaton more than most but he is defense only... He averages like 5points 5rebounds 3blocks... By the time he got down the court we would have score already lol... No but he's not going to do much but play D like I said I'd own the boards and tempo here IMO...

Milk - 23
WLK - 31

The reason I have you not scoring much is because you're going to be very 1on1 and if you don't score I'd get the rebound... I felt the momentum would be heavy on my side...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going with straight head 2 head only but I didn't post it how I saw it in the way too...

1st
This matchup is not really close... DJ had the speed to stay with Price defensively and I'll add a 6x 1st team all-D... He was also known as a PG who liked to post smaller PGs which is one of the main reasons I brought Laimbeer in on this group to clear the post... However KAJ would go out he'd probably guard Oakley, either way Price is very over matched in this spot...

SG - Joe Dumars > SG - Tracy McGrady
Joe Dumars would probably be guarding Dantley, but I didn't say it mostly because I didn't know I'd face you... Artest would slow McGrady down much more IMO simple by size but Dumars is also a 4x 1st Team all-D and almost 20 a game scorer... He's also HOF, McGrady is all scoring and he'll have trouble doing that with whomever guards him of the 2...

SF - Ron Artest < SF - Adrian Dantley
I think Artest would do a much better job here than some... Dantley was a bully just like Artest only Artest is 2 inches and 55 pounds on him... Artest was also a 20+ point scorer when he was DPOY and getting 2x 1st team all-D... Dantley would have the same problems as Price... These were my 2 main post options with Dumars and Laimbeer spreading things, Oakley was to keep KAJ honest and get rebounds...

PF - Charles Oakley = PF - Horace Grant
This is a wash and both play the same role... I think Grant is slightly better offensively Oakley slightly better defensively...

C - Bill Laimbeer < KAJ
This isn't close... It's why you beat me in this quarter... I'd try to help some but he would give you a lot of options if I help too much so I'd have Laimbeer play as physical as he could and foul enough not to get kicked out...

Milk - 32
WLK - 24

Pretty good write up for the first quarter... The only one i disagree with(based on the stats i looked at) is Dumars over Mcgrady... the advanced stats don't support what you are talking about with dumps... It shows that Mcgrady in fact was the better defender, and Dumars never was a great defender...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd
Cp3 is better I agree... He's more a facilitator IMO but he so good he would do what he needed to... I think it hurts him or Harden since they both need the ball but again I think they could coexist because of cp3... However Baron was no slouch, he was Westbrook before Westbook only he passed more and got hurt more lol... But cp3 is better...

This might change by the time Harden is done but Thompson was a beast! Having him and Durant running wing with Davis pushing would be fast pace to say the least... This team is very much like the OKC team that had Harden... And the defense Harden plays Thompson might have gone for 40 lol...

This isn't close... He might hit 40 too lol... He's a 4x scoring champ and has only played like 6-7 years... He's 6'10" and there's no way Hagan could slow him...

Here's a big play for you... I'd probably play Mourning here because Zo was a cerebral player... Nance would try to block the up and under too much... He's better helping... Talk about uptempo though, McHale better get back on D... Nance was almost 20 a game too... Between all my guys, I also own the boards by the way...

I like Eaton more than most but he is defense only... He averages like 5points 5rebounds 3blocks... By the time he got down the court we would have score already lol... No but he's not going to do much but play D like I said I'd own the boards and tempo here IMO...

Milk - 23
WLK - 31

The reason I have you not scoring much is because you're going to be very 1on1 and if you don't score I'd get the rebound... I felt the momentum would be heavy on my side...

I stopped reading right there, that is completely ridiculous... lolzzzz

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe this is closer than you think it is... Price is a much better outside shooter and a much better passer. Price won't need to score so Johnson's defense really won't affect much. Price's job is to get the ball to KAJ, McGrady and Dantley so they can score and he would be pretty successful doing so.

2 things about that... That would mean Price wouldn't score then no...? And the 3 guys you named all were ball dominant players... I also don't see the need for anybody to score much when KAJ will carry the load... You've got a huge advantage at Center and everybody else is being guarded by "all-time great" defenders...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd

Milk - 23
WLK - 31

Thats not fair... so if my team doesn't score how would you dominate the rebounds... Mark eaton over mourning any day...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good write up for the first quarter... The only one i disagree with(based on the stats i looked at) is Dumars over Mcgrady... the advanced stats don't support what you are talking about with dumps... It shows that Mcgrady in fact was the better defender, and Dumars never was a great defender...

McGrady was in no way shape or form a better defender than Dumars. I have enjoyed some good laughs in this thread... lolzzz

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGrady was in no way shape or form a better defender than Dumars. I have enjoyed some good laughs in this thread... lolzzz

dont hate on vince carter's cousin...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, just stop...

Why... He was talking about rebounds... If a 6'10 center can dominate a 7'4 center on the boards i would be surprised... Not that height is everything... But we need to at least consider that eaton was a defensive first player, so if he can't rebound, then why is he considered one of the best defenders of all time

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things about that... That would mean Price wouldn't score then no...? And the 3 guys you named all were ball dominant players... I also don't see the need for anybody to score much when KAJ will carry the load... You've got a huge advantage at Center and everybody else is being guarded by "all-time great" defenders...

I believe you put way to much emphasis on defense in these. Is it important? Yes... Is it the determining factor in a game with the best players who ever played? Nope...

Was Dumars a great defender? Yes.... But it's not like he stopped the player he was guarding on every possession.

Having a lock down defender means much much more when you're playing the 1988 New Jersey Nets and that defender can guard the other teams best scoring guard, it means less when there are 4 other superstars on the other team.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading right there, that is completely ridiculous... lolzzzz

Westbrook 1st 5 years... 19.9ppg 4.8rebs 6.9apg 1.6stls 3.5tos

Davis 1st 5 years... 15.1ppg 3.8rebs 6.7apg 1.9stls 2.7tos

If you move down 1 year since he didn't start 1 game his rookie year it's this...

18.0ppg 4.3rebs 7.6apg 2.1stls 2.9tos

That's pretty damn similar... :noidea:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook 1st 5 years... 19.9ppg 4.8rebs 6.9apg 1.6stls 3.5tos

Davis 1st 5 years... 15.1ppg 3.8rebs 6.7apg 1.9stls 2.7tos

If you move down 1 year since he didn't start 1 game his rookie year it's this...

18.0ppg 4.3rebs 7.6apg 2.1stls 2.9tos

That's pretty damn similar... :noidea:

As someone who watched both of their careers, it's not close at all. Averaging 15 points and 7 assists on a shit team means nothing. People talk about Westbrook like he's a top 5 player in the league, nobody and I mean nobody ever mentioned Davis the same way. I'm curious why did you use 5 years?

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you put way to much emphasis on defense in these. Is it important? Yes... Is it the determining factor in a game with the best players who ever played? Nope...

Was Dumars a great defender? Yes.... But it's not like he stopped the player he was guarding on every possession.

Nobody stops every player every play... But when you have a great defensive unit it's going to stop people... but even the alltime great struggle and if they're being guarded by the best defenders it should be an advantage... You add that to very good scoring and defense should have the advantage... Defense wins championships...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who watched both of their careers, it's not close at all. Averaging 15 points and 7 assists on a shit team means nothing. People talk about Westbrook like he's a top 5 player in the league, nobody and I mean nobody ever mentioned Davis the same way. I'm curious why did you use 5 years?

Because after 5 years Westbrook took off Davis began to break down...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody stops every player every play... But when you have a great defensive unit it's going to stop people... but even the alltime great struggle and if they're being guarded by the best defenders it should be an advantage... You add that to very good scoring and defense should have the advantage... Defense wins championships...

In the real world yeah, in mock drafts no...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the real world yeah, in mock drafts no...

I base my teams off what I would do I the real world... No wonder I suck here... :tsk:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because after 5 years Westbrook took off Davis began to break down...

You thought Johnson vs Price wasn't close... What's way less close is Westbrook vs Davis...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I base my teams off what I would do I the real world... No wonder I suck here... :tsk:

In the real world defense matters more because you don't have super teams. You aren't playing against 5 hall of famers or 5 guys that scored 20+ per game. If we do a current NBA draft I would absolutely agree it would matter much more.