• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Toronto Raptors vs 7) Orlando Magic

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck this crew, always seems to be these assholes. Did they really just call four fouls on Toronto on the same possession?
I don't even get mad at the refs anymore because it's become incredibly apparent that they will never, ever call Raptors games fairly. Whatever the reason is, it's just never going to happen.

Meanwhile, Gasol is muy caliente.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Responding to Citysushi correctly calling out Kerr's terrible substitutions last night. He does that a lot. But he's a good coach because he can manage the egos and put in place a good system. Basically what made Phil Jackson a good coach

But yeah wrong thread. I am still traumatized from last night LOL

A little odd with the patterns, but he's a good coach because of his players. Yes, he needs to manage some egos but if he were the coach of the Knicks not sure it matter how well he works with egos.

Last comment for me as it's the wrong thread.

Not for me.

What makes a good coach in your opinion? Who is a good coach in your opinion?

I like the coaches who have shown they can do more with less. Larry Brown comes to mind. Thought Fizdale was in that group in Memphis. McMillan has impressed me in Indiana.

Kerr was out and Walton and Brown were, what, 41-2 with that team?

Not fair to Kerr as he can only coach the guys he has and has done all that could be asked. But many think Lue is not a good coach. You really think GS loses the series if the coaches were switched in either of the last 2 Finals?

Hey I'm with you on Brown, best coach in history.

But why would Lue be good? He had LeBron and Love And Kyrie.

Many think Lue nothing special at best but he won a title because of the players you mentioned. Also managed to beat Kerr the only time their teams were evenly matched.

If the coaches were switched the last 2 Finals are the results different in your opinion?

I have no clue and neither do you. Just trying to figure out how you decide who a good coach is, sounds like anyone with big stars to coach can't be considered good?

giphy.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda expected this. Took em -10. I expect to see this in Orlando too. Lowry needs to keep playing well

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the response. He did everything in game 1 except hit shots.

He played a different game tonight. He was more aggressive and not settling.

In game 1, basically all of his shots came from the 3 pt line.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue and neither do you. Just trying to figure out how you decide who a good coach is, sounds like anyone with big stars to coach can't be considered good?
so this means you wont ever answer future hypotheticals calling for an opinion? In your opinion who wins the series last 2 years if Lue and Kerr switch places? Mine is no change. GS takes it.

And who said a coach cannot be considered good if he has stars? Kerr might be good. Great? Who the hell knows as he's never really coached a team that wasn't as or more talented than his opponent.

Like most I'd say Pop is among the best. Sure, his title teams were as talented as most but could be argued other teams were better (at least post Duncan/Robinson at their peak). He's also done it with completely different rosters. Kerr has had the same roster other than adding all stars a couple times to what already might have been the most talented team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a make or miss league
I think way to many credit or blame defense. I know the Cavs' announcer does this on pretty much every shot. a guy you would want to take a 3 could hit it and it's bad D.

I'll even say KLove, while he played it well, might get a little too much credit for The Stop on Curry. curry has made shots like that hundreds of times (and it almost went in).