• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Toronto Raptors vs 7) Orlando Magic

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure i can find several awful games in that window of games

2016 playoffs
G4 vs Miami- 10 points on 2/11 shooting.
G1 vs CLE- 8 points on 4/14 shooting
G2 vs CLE- 10 points on 4/14 shooting
G5 vs CLE- 13 points on 5/12 shooting

2017 playoffs
G1 vs Milwaukee- 4 points on 2/11 shooting

These are the games that stood out to me since G2 of the Miami series in 2016 @raptorlife4

I will admit Lowry hasn't been as awful as we make it seem on here but the reality is for someone who is a top 2 player on his team, he doesn't stand out as much as he needed to when it was basically just him and DeRozan. You can say he was solid but solid doesn't cut it in the playoffs when you're one of the top 2 players on your team. You need to do more than that IMO

This year he can probably get away with just being solid because Siakam seems like he is more than ready to step up and be the 2nd option in the playoffs.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 playoffs

2017 playoffs

These are the games that stood out to me since G2 of the Miami series in 2016 @raptorlife4

I will admit Lowry hasn't been as awful as we make it seem on here but the reality is for someone who is a top 2 player on his team, he doesn't stand out as much as he needed to when it was basically just him and DeRozan. You can say he was solid but solid doesn't cut it in the playoffs when you're one of the top 2 players on your team. You need to do more than that IMO

This year he can probably get away with just being solid because Siakam seems like he is more than ready to step up and be the 2nd option in the playoffs.

Im not denying the fact that he needs to be better.
He also knows this as does the team

I am just saying it isnt as bad as it looks.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 playoffs

2017 playoffs

It goes beyond that though. PG's tend to age out earlier than other players to begin with. Lowry was never reliable in the playoffs as your examples showed. He was a baby when they traded DeRozan for an obvious upgrade.

And worst of all (to me at least) is he can't even humble himself down long enough to admit that his shitty play hurt his team. His comments post-game:

"I got some looks and missed them — that's about it," he said. "It's nothing to me. I missed some shots that were open. I did well on the floor general side, but I've got to make some shots."

"I did well on the floor general side". What planet are you on pal?

I like Marc Gasol and I think adding him was a benefit to the team but given that the Raptors' options in that position were adequate at the very least I'm pretty confused why they didn't go after a better PG instead when his shortcomings and age are so obvious of a concern.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes beyond that though. PG's tend to age out earlier than other players to begin with. Lowry was never reliable in the playoffs as your examples showed. He was a baby when they traded DeRozan for an obvious upgrade.

And worst of all (to me at least) is he can't even humble himself down long enough to admit that his shitty play hurt his team. His comments post-game:

"I got some looks and missed them — that's about it," he said. "It's nothing to me. I missed some shots that were open. I did well on the floor general side, but I've got to make some shots."

I like Marc Gasol and I think adding him was a benefit to the team but given that the Raptors' options in that position were adequate at the very least I'm pretty confused why they didn't go after a better PG instead when his shortcomings and age are so obvious of a concern.

Would went for Conley instead of Gasol IMO.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In spite of him scoring zero points and going 0-7 he was a + 11 while on the floor

So yes he was still productive

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What exactly did he say wrong there? He missed some good looks as did the entire team.
He said he has to be better which is what you want to hear.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Raptors offensive rating sky rocketed since getting Gasol. The 3pt shooting also was much better.

They shot the ball like shit and lost the game
And Orlando got a career game from DJ Augustin.

I am not worried

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the worst contracts in the NBA.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In spite of him scoring zero points and going 0-7 he was a + 11 while on the floor

So yes he was still productive
Correlation -/- causation, which is why +/- stats are only useful in conjunction with accompanying stats.

What exactly did he say wrong there? He missed some good looks as did the entire team.
He said he has to be better which is what you want to hear.
He was historically bad and let his team and the fans down. Eat some crow for once. Be the "leader" he seems to think he is. Take some responsibility.

The Raptors offensive rating sky rocketed since getting Gasol. The 3pt shooting also was much better.

I am not worried
Which is why I said I like Gasol on the team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not worried

But the 3 best players on Orlando were awful.

You're not really expecting Vuc, Gordon, and Fournier to shoot 13-42 right?

Also T-Ross who been amazing this season shot 2-11.

I get your point about your squad but let's not act like Orlando played great either.

They shot 40% and won a game on the road.

Toronto shot 45% shooting.

The difference in the game was 3 pt shooting but I think both teams will play better tomorrow.

Can't see Toronto losing tomorrow but this will be a long series

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I originally said the Raptors in 5 but I totally forgot about Lowry. He should have at least 2 shitshow games, so Raptors in 6 makes sense. Maybe other players will step up if Lowry has another shitshow game and they will make it a 5 game series still.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Raptors won the next 4.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I originally said the Raptors in 5 but I totally forgot about Lowry. He should have at least 2 shitshow games, so Raptors in 6 makes sense. Maybe other players will step up if Lowry has another shitshow game and they will make it a 5 game series still.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Raptors won the next 4.
One thing that got a lot of play up here was that Kawhi only played 33 minutes in a game in which the team had a few bad stretches where he could've helped a lot. He sat for the first 6 minutes of the 4th, for example.

When Nurse was asked why he didn't have an answer. I'm pinning that on a rookie coaching mistake that will never happen again. If playoff Kawhi is out there doing playoff Kawhi shit the Raptors can even get past some shitty Lowryball (and chances are if he does have another dumper at some point he's going to get benched anyway).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sat for the first 6 minutes of the 4th, for example.

Sitting your best player out 6 minutes of the 4th quarter in the playoffs is dumb in a close game.

IMO all star players should play about 8 minutes of the 4th quarter in the playoffs.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting your best player out 6 minutes of the 4th quarter in the playoffs is dumb in a close game.

IMO all star players should play about 8 minutes of the 4th quarter in the playoffs.
Kerr is a good coach, but not because of xs and os

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if the Raptors have the guns to get to the finals but this still seems like a 5 game series to me.