• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 things about the upcoming Pacers/Heat rematch next week

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, LBJ exaggerates contact and the Pacers are allowed any amount of contact on either end of the court. Not an excuse, it is great D, I assume great Ds can do that but I rewatched that game and in the paint on both ends Hibbert pretty much does what ever, George looked like he was and checking a few times. If it isn't being called then let it go but it looks like Miami was being called for shit Indy practices.

Indy is a good team, I kind of think Miami beat themselves in the end by going 4 for 21 on 3s. They shoot just 30% and that is 2 more 3s and a tie game.

Yeah right.

No foul called on Hibbert, but James always gets the call, huh?

826876479.gif

Again, no foul called on Hibbert. Clearly going straight up with arms vertical??.... :rolleyes2:

images

In both of those plays, the guy on offense runs into Hibbert. Try again. Hibbert goes straight up 95% of the time and the other 5% he gets called for a foul. Besides, I didn't see any complaints coming from either Carmelo or LeBron after those plays.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In both of those plays, the guy on offense runs into Hibbert. Try again. Hibbert goes straight up 95% of the time and the other 5% he gets called for a foul. Besides, I didn't see any complaints coming from either Carmelo or LeBron after those plays.
Heat game. Roy clearly gets there late, clearly in restricted area and clearly puts arms forward.

Knicks game. Roy clearly moving arms forward, not straight up. Melo finishes the play if they were straight up.

By you saying that 95% of the time Roy goes straight up (which means arms must be also), tells me there no need for us to continue to talk about this. Your mind is made up.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat game. Roy clearly gets there late, clearly in restricted area and clearly puts arms forward.

Knicks game. Roy clearly moving arms forward, not straight up. Melo finishes the play if they were straight up.

By you saying that 95% of the time Roy goes straight up (which means arms must be also), tells me there no need for us to continue to talk about this. Your mind is made up.

Buddy, LeBron came in with his knee intentionally and smoked him in the nuts. Offensive foul all day. Get a new prescription and watch it again. That Melo one is a joke. His went straight up. Hibbert practices going staright up over and over and over in practice. More often than not, the guy goes straight up. Give it a rest, the Pacers are my team, and Hibbert plays clean. I'll tell you right now that Pacers legend, Reggie Miller, was a flopper. What I'm saying, is that I don't protect my players if they deserve whats coming to them, and Hibbert hardly ever fouls.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, at least you're consistent, Flauge...

championships aren't won in December. clearly the pacers are the biggest threat to the heat in the east despite me honestly thinking it was the nets when the season started. hey, maybe it will be.. who knows.. the media/the fans/everyone makes to much of these regular season games. in 2006 the heat were below .500 to winning teams and completely obliterated under .500 teams. they won the title.

playoff basketball is just different.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
championships aren't won in December. clearly the pacers are the biggest threat to the heat in the east despite me honestly thinking it was the nets when the season started. hey, maybe it will be.. who knows.. the media/the fans/everyone makes to much of these regular season games. in 2006 the heat were below .500 to winning teams and completely obliterated under .500 teams. they won the title.

playoff basketball is just different.

You're telling me this like i don't know. :laugh3: i AM a Lakers fan, y'know...

If only you knew how much playoff basketball i've seen. And that was back when NBA ball was much tougher...

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So atleast most of us could agree now this game don't mean shit... I'm actually upset they didn't schedule this game later in the year.... Miami always turns it up in the 2nd half of the season... So even if miami wins it just another early regular season game. Nothing more.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD makes a good point. Hibbert hands doesn't always go straight up but he gets the benefit of the doubt unlike Dwight.

That forearm shiver that LeBron delivered resulting in Hibbert's nose needing to be packed with cotton was surely not an offensive foul was it? In fact, having just watched a replay of the game, I am sure James did not strike Hibbert in the face twice in the fourth quarter. Because LeBron does not commit offense fouls when close to the hoop.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So atleast most of us could agree now this game don't mean shit... I'm actually upset they didn't schedule this game later in the year.... Miami always turns it up in the 2nd half of the season... So even if miami wins it just another early regular season game. Nothing more.

Maybe you shouldn't even bother watching. Your macrame and needle point surely need attention.

vegasfraud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure obsess over these IN vs MIA regular season games...truth is I saw all I needed in the first half last tuesday to tell me who's going to win this series in May...Paul George still get shuts down by LeBron James when he actually tries on defense...Pacers still turn the ball over way too much...if MIA actually makes their open 3's it will be a very short series....enjoy the regular season though...I didn't mean to spoil anything for you.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the Melo play you can clearly see that Melo's body is no where near Hibbert's so explain how Melo ran into Hibbert? Also it looks like it would be really hard for Hibbert not to be in the RA and seeing how Melo is not making contact with him but Hibbert's arms are on Melo's face it looks like it is really hard for his hands to be straight up.

As for the LBJ play, using this wiki definition of a blocking foul it seems pretty text book.

Blocking is physical contact between the offensive player and the defensive player. Blocking fouls are issued when a defensive player interferes with the path of the offensive player in the shooting motion. Blocking fouls are easily called when the defensive player is standing in the "restricted zone".

I am hazy on the leaving your feet situation but a ton of contact usually gets called?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buddy, LeBron came in with his knee intentionally and smoked him in the nuts. Offensive foul all day. Get a new prescription and watch it again.

Or, download the gif you posted and individually watch frame 59-69 you can clearly see that LBJ jumps and his legs are apart and back.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, download the gif you posted and individually watch frame 59-69 you can clearly see that LBJ jumps and his legs are apart and back.

Hibbert was fouled by LeBron on that play with EL BJ's knee. That's a bad angle, I'm guessing. The Melo play there was no foul either way, he was just gangster blocked.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hibbert was fouled by LeBron on that play with EL BJ's knee. That's a bad angle, I'm guessing. The Melo play there was no foul either way, he was just gangster blocked.

Bad angle? Which knee was it that hit Hibbert in the groin? Was it the left one on the outside of Hibbert's thigh or the right one that is stretched back and out as well that you can clearly see 2 feet of space between his thigh and Hibbert? Or does Hibbert have a massive in game erection of 2 feet only you can see?

LOL just admit your big gets away with murder in the paint or as you like to call it "gangster blocked".

I would love it if we had a player that could get away with those things in the paint. I do not care that LBJ flops and exaggerates. He has to in order to get calls sometimes and that helps get wins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad angle? Which knee was it that hit Hibbert in the groin? Was it the left one on the outside of Hibbert's thigh or the right one that is stretched back and out as well that you can clearly see 2 feet of space between his thigh and Hibbert? Or does Hibbert have a massive in game erection of 2 feet only you can see?

LOL just admit your big gets away with murder in the paint or as you like to call it "gangster blocked".

I would love it if we had a player that could get away with those things in the paint. I do not care that LBJ flops and exaggerates. He has to in order to get calls sometimes and that helps get wins.

If that is the play I am thinking it is, then LeSlut definitely led with his knee. Find me the youtube video and I'll show you. Why, as a fan of the game, do you think Hibbert "gets away with murder"? The guy goes straight up most of the time and plays legit D. Don't hate on the Friendly Giant's proven ability to defend within the rules of the game lol. I'm laughin', but I'm serious. The guy is a great defender!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he is a great defender which is why I think it is like expanding the plate in baseball. Great pitchers can expand the plate. Stars get star calls, it doesn't mean that if anybody else did it that it would not be a foul and it does not mean by the book it is not a foul.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he is a great defender which is why I think it is like expanding the plate in baseball. Great pitchers can expand the plate. Stars get star calls, it doesn't mean that if anybody else did it that it would not be a foul and it does not mean by the book it is not a foul.

You are allowed by rule, to go straight up, arms included. Now, sometimes when someone charges into you, your body will instictly move your hands down if you are hit in the stomach. That can happen from time to time. Hibbert tries to always play clean D. Mistakes happen every now and then to everyone.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are allowed by rule, to go straight up, arms included. Now, sometimes when someone charges into you, your body will instictly move your hands down if you are hit in the stomach. That can happen from time to time. Hibbert tries to always play clean D. Mistakes happen every now and then to everyone.

I agree with all of that but the 2 instances that JD posted are both fouls on Hibbert.