• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 things about the upcoming Pacers/Heat rematch next week

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers will beat them again. Miami aint that good this year. Sorry.

It is always hard to say you are going to win when you are on the defending champion's court. But I will say that I don't believe the Pacers played all that well against the Heat in Indy. They are capable of better, IMO.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is always hard to say you are going to win when you are on the defending champion's court. But I will say that I don't believe the Pacers played all that well against the Heat in Indy. They are capable of better, IMO.

As long as they play defense like they did in Indy Miami will not win this game. 84 points aint going to beat Indy.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, LBJ exaggerates contact and the Pacers are allowed any amount of contact on either end of the court. Not an excuse, it is great D, I assume great Ds can do that but I rewatched that game and in the paint on both ends Hibbert pretty much does what ever, George looked like he was and checking a few times. If it isn't being called then let it go but it looks like Miami was being called for shit Indy practices.

Indy is a good team, I kind of think Miami beat themselves in the end by going 4 for 21 on 3s. They shoot just 30% and that is 2 more 3s and a tie game.

What was Miami being called for that Indy practices? Hibbert does nothing more than go straight up when he is in the paint. I mean, that is the main thing I always hear Heat fans complaining about.

Indy probably was in Miami's head so much because they defend the three so well, that even when Miami was open, they still missed their threes a lot? lol. It's a possibility. Or, the Heat just missed a bunch of shots. I'm going with the former, though. :)

Max

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was Miami being called for that Indy practices? Hibbert does nothing more than go straight up when he is in the paint. I mean, that is the main thing I always hear Heat fans complaining about.

Indy probably was in Miami's head so much because they defend the three so well, that even when Miami was open, they still missed their threes a lot? lol. It's a possibility. Or, the Heat just missed a bunch of shots. I'm going with the former, though. :)

The Heat had an off night, that's it. Pacers got really lucky.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they play defense like they did in Indy Miami will not win this game. 84 points aint going to beat Indy.

I believe the Pacers did not react all that well to the way the Heat were pressing George earlier in the game. They adjusted and will be better prepared if a similar tactic is used in Miami. On the other hand, many of the threes the Heat missed were open shots that came from good ball movement. If the Pacers can run them off the three point line in Miami, it is likely that they will win.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat had an off night, that's it. Pacers got really lucky.

Says the guy with the Spicoli avi. :rollseyes:

The Heat have gotten lucky more than anyone in the NBA this season. But go right ahead and laugh them off!

Max

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy with the Spicoli avi. :rollseyes:

The Heat have gotten lucky more than anyone in the NBA this season. But go right ahead and laugh them off!

It was tongue and cheek. I like the Pacers, and was just trying to get a rise out of my buddy, lonegranger.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry just frustrated. Of all the major sports, I think the NBA's regular season is the most boring since there seemst o be a routine lack of effort night in and night out. Although MLb could probably have something to say about that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers will beat them again. Miami aint that good this year. Sorry.

Miami never looks that good in November and December. Usually LIKE ALL CHAMPIONSHIP teams, Miami usually start to look really good from Mid January- end of march/early April.

We haven't looked that good but do you really need to? If you can win a high amount of games in the first 2-3 months while not playing close to your best that is scary.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope. I really can't see them going nuts over even a blow out. It would be nice to see though

so that would mean you'd be happy that one of your other favorite teams loses? How do you make that work dude? Seriously, pick one team and stick with it from a fan perspective....you can do what you need to when it comes to betting....

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't looked that good but do you really need to? If you can win a high amount of games in the first 2-3 months while not playing close to your best that is scary.

normally a team that's hot riding into playoffs can and usually makes the most serious noise....agreed, December W's are important but it's a marathon not a sprint to the finish.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat fans were dismissive of the last game.

Question.

If they win next week will they as dismissive? :noidea:

I am dismissive of all regular season games especially December ones. I will still talk a little smack with Pacer fans if we win or lose.. but honestly the regular season means nothing the day the playoffs start. Ive been hearing Celtic and bulls fan thump their chest for years now about their regular season record vs Miami.

3 straight EC titles. back to back defending champs. this team won down 3-2 in boston after losing 3 straight to boston. Indiana is a solid team. I don't believe they can beat Miami when Miami has to win. I have seen nothing that changes that belief for me.

Attachments

• 988397_597531876963290_991398005_n.jpg
    988397_597531876963290_991398005_n.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah right.

No foul called on Hibbert, but James always gets the call, huh?

826876479.gif

Again, no foul called on Hibbert. Clearly going straight up with arms vertical??.... :rolleyes2:

images

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the Heat trolls think that. Anyone who watches basketball know a Heat/Pacers series will be a 6 game series min.

I think the Pacers can take 'em in 5! :nod:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD makes a good point. Hibbert hands doesn't always go straight up but he gets the benefit of the doubt unlike Dwight.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3