• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 things about the upcoming Pacers/Heat rematch next week

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not 100% that Indy wins it. I was fairly certain they would get the last game, and they did, but not as certain about this one. They are a better team than last year, but they aren't there yet, completely, I don't think, and Miami I feel is really going to bring it at home. I hope Indy will take that next step and win but I'm not sure of that. And the other thing is, that Danny Granger will probably be playing. He is supposed to return on Friday.

It should be a great game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the Heat to be in full fury. Hopefully, the Pacers will be able to respond.

For my part, I don't think the Pacers have been playing great basketball lately. Their effort against the Spurs is what I am hoping for on a more consistent basis.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regular season doesnt mean much...so I dont see the heat being at "full fury"

Regular season NBA games are 80% crappy because of the lack of effort

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be similar to the game on tuesday but I think James will play better and I think the Heat will hit more 3's in their building. The only major difference is that 2 significant role players should be back for both teams as Granger and Beasley should both be available on wed. Just for those who haven't watched the Heat this year, Beasley been by far the Heat 6th man this yr even though he's not getting as many minutes as Allen or Cole.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley is going to starting in place of Battier by playoffs, his D will be good enough :hope: and he is a much more reliable scoring threat.

The wide open 3s that were missed on tuesday were almost hilarious.

Granger, you get your account hacked? Because I am certain you thought that tuesday was the ECF only game? :D

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Beasley should start. Our starting lineup is fine. Spo just have to do a better job with his substitution patterns.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat's starting line up is fine when Battier is making 3s and UD isn't on the court, they are both older now so the decrease in D will not be that big of a fall if Beasley keeps up the hard work and his scoring is miles above both.

I understand keeping Beasley "in check" and making him "earn it", but if come playoff time he hasn't been arrested and his commitment to D are unwavering then he better be starting.

Of all the short comings the Heat have against the Pacers, rather than trying to fight fire with fire why not throw water on it? The Heat play good D but they are amazing on O but they keep trying to play to every other teams strengths rather than their own.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley is going to starting in place of Battier by playoffs, his D will be good enough :hope: and he is a much more reliable scoring threat.

The wide open 3s that were missed on tuesday were almost hilarious.

Granger, you get your account hacked? Because I am certain you thought that tuesday was the ECF only game? :D

Hahaha. I just like to have fun. Don't take my trash talk seriously. Although I do honestly believe LeBron is a flopper. That, I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat's starting line up is fine when Battier is making 3s and UD isn't on the court, they are both older now so the decrease in D will not be that big of a fall if Beasley keeps up the hard work and his scoring is miles above both.

I understand keeping Beasley "in check" and making him "earn it", but if come playoff time he hasn't been arrested and his commitment to D are unwavering then he better be starting.

Of all the short comings the Heat have against the Pacers, rather than trying to fight fire with fire why not throw water on it? The Heat play good D but they are amazing on O but they keep trying to play to every other teams strengths rather than their own.

They tried to play to their strengh and they got shut down.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha. I just like to have fun. Don't take my trash talk seriously. Although I do honestly believe LeBron is a flopper. That, I believe.

Meh, LBJ exaggerates contact and the Pacers are allowed any amount of contact on either end of the court. Not an excuse, it is great D, I assume great Ds can do that but I rewatched that game and in the paint on both ends Hibbert pretty much does what ever, George looked like he was and checking a few times. If it isn't being called then let it go but it looks like Miami was being called for shit Indy practices.

They tried to play to their strengh and they got shut down.

Indy is a good team, I kind of think Miami beat themselves in the end by going 4 for 21 on 3s. They shoot just 30% and that is 2 more 3s and a tie game.

Max

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat win this one easily.

113-84

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, LBJ exaggerates contact and the Pacers are allowed any amount of contact on either end of the court. Not an excuse, it is great D, I assume great Ds can do that but I rewatched that game and in the paint on both ends Hibbert pretty much does what ever, George looked like he was and checking a few times. If it isn't being called then let it go but it looks like Miami was being called for shit Indy practices.

Indy is a good team, I kind of think Miami beat themselves in the end by going 4 for 21 on 3s. They shoot just 30% and that is 2 more 3s and a tie game.

Odd how the eye of the beholder changes perceptions, isn't it? I thought the Pacers we being screwed in the first half. :laugh3:

One thing we can agree upon is that the Heat become far more dangerous when they are hitting their 3's. While the Pacers were the best in the league last year for most of the season in terms of limiting 3 pointer percentages by opponents, they were not as effective against the Heat.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat fans were dismissive of the last game.

Question.

If they win next week will they as dismissive? :noidea:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat fans were dismissive of the last game.

Question.

If they win next week will they as dismissive? :noidea:

I hope. I really can't see them going nuts over even a blow out. It would be nice to see though.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should they win by any margin, I am sure we will be hearing how the Heat will sweep the Pacers in the playoffs.

Pacers win.

"Games in December mean nothing."

Heat win.

"Why not just give us another banner now?"

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers will beat them again. Miami aint that good this year. Sorry.

That would be a clear statement.

What would Sir Charles say then?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a clear statement.

What would Sir Charles say then?

"No, they won't! Lebron is better than the whole Pacers' team! Even if they do lose it will be because December games don't mean anything and King Lebron wasn't trying."