• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) San Antonio Spurs (67-15) vs 3) OKC Thunder (55-27)

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best 2 out of 3 now. We got this.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best 2 out of 3 now. We got this.
lets hope so..this one is forming up to be just a great great series though...cant remember a better 2nd round series to be honest with more talent...

its just so hard for me to pick against SAS with homecourt- but OKC has the talent to do it theres no doubt. It'll be fun to watch.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize the Spurs have HCA don't you? OKC is doing well, but I don't think they are doing "win a game 7 in San Antonio" kind of well.

I respectfully disagree. Outside of game 1, they have been the better team against the Spurs in almost every game this season. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they win tomorrow and close game out in OKC on Thursday. Not likely but not impossible either. I do understand your opinion though. I realize I'm in the minority on this

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree. Outside of game 1, they have been the better team against the Spurs in almost every game this season. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they win tomorrow and close game out in OKC on Thursday. Not likely but not impossible either. I do understand your opinion though. I realize I'm in the minority on this

Game 2 in San Antonio is a completely different animal than Game 7 in San Antonio. Not saying that OKC can't win a Game 7 there, just that I wouldn't bet any real money on it.

As well as they've played, I just haven't really seen anything from OKC that tells me they could take Game 7.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 2 in San Antonio is a completely different animal than Game 7 in San Antonio. Not saying that OKC can't win a Game 7 there, just that I wouldn't bet any real money on it.

As well as they've played, I just haven't really seen anything from OKC that tells me they could take Game 7.
unfortunately I have to agree....the Spurs with their backs against the wall with home court is not a position i think likely for OKC success....if OKC is to have a shot at all i think they need to win in 6.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder really seem to have the perfect matchup for the Spurs. Ibaka and Roberson are a great combo of defenders to put on Kawhi and Aldridge.

Meanwhile, their 2 superstars get Parker and Green on defense... leaving them pretty free to expend their energy on offense.

Duncan just isn't what he used to be and surprisingly Adams is winning that matchup.

Where the Thunder don't matchup is depth and offensive consistency.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder really seem to have the perfect matchup for the Spurs. Ibaka and Roberson are a great combo of defenders to put on Kawhi and Aldridge.

Meanwhile, their 2 superstars get Parker and Green on defense... leaving them pretty free to expend their energy on offense.

Duncan just isn't what he used to be and surprisingly Adams is winning that matchup.
OKC definitely does matchup well.....OKC has done a nice job adding bigs the last couple years - now with a contingent of Adams, Kanter, and Ibaka they can actually stand up to bigger teams...

and no one matches up with RW....and as much as Kawhi is one of the best- maybe THE BEST matchup against Durant (outside of LeBron i think personally- just because lebron ahs the size and mental advantage over KD)...its still KD.....

Presti has done a good job getting this team to the level he has...unfortuantely- the Spurs look hungry, and are supremely talented AND have popovich and home court....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the Thunder don't matchup is depth and offensive consistency.

To me, that is the key difference. No matter how good or bad things are going, the Spurs just keep doing what the Spurs do. Most other teams, when things aren't going well, start slipping into iso/hero ball. Most other teams, when things are going really well, start losing focus and have players trying to do things outside their skill set because they're having fun. The Spurs don't do either and if they do start slip into that kind of play...Pop has no problem setting them straight.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, that is the key difference. No matter how good or bad things are going, the Spurs just keep doing what the Spurs do. Most other teams, when things aren't going well, start slipping into iso/hero ball. Most other teams, when things are going really well, start losing focus and have players trying to do things outside their skill set because they're having fun. The Spurs don't do either and if they do start slip into that kind of play...Pop has no problem setting them straight.
that sounds like the Cavs under Blatt doesnt it?--- OKC- and you are exactly right--- falls into that ISO ball too much at the end of games.

the Spurs just do their thing to perfection, and keep moving the ball....its just so hard to beat that over a 7 game series.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is a fucking headcase. You'd think he'd make the adjustments he needs to make given the fact that he's been in the league for so long.
This is why I think KD needs to either leave or they need to give up RW. The two of them together won't win- as we've seen so far for a decade. KD needs a real PG that will pass the ball- and get the other guys involved & KEEP them involved. RW needs to be on a losing team where it won't matter when he takes over cause they won't be playing for much anyway.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3