• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #2 Ohio State @ Penn State 8:00pm EST ABC

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly I mean I do feel bad for some of the players and fans but with what went down and how they STILL had a JoePa celebration day. And also the way I know they treat fans down there when they travel (worst than OSU btw). Fuck that.

I don't feel bad for anyone associated with that holocaust. If that was MI, you'd never hear me support them again. Ever.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say I am not one of the fans going crazy. I'd rather see OSU undefeated. I can definitely say I was shocked when I woke up this morning. I fell asleep with OSU up 12-0. From watching PSU already this year, I figured this game would end in a blowout.

How in gods green earth did OSU lose? PSU looked horrendous when we played them. It was so bad, they literally kicked a FG when they were down either 28 or 35-0 just to get points on the board.

Ohio State played flat again. They had two chances to put this game on ice with great field position while up 21-7 and came away with nothing both times. Penn State got some key defensive players back from injury this week and won quite a few 50/50 balls down the field. They also love to play Ohio State tough in Happy Valley, hell, they took Ohio State to OT in 2014. I just hope this loss lights a fire under this team's ass like the Michigan State one did last year.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think tOSU beats MI this year. I def think MI has a real chance (maybe even a W after seeing the last 2 weeks), but I'm not ready to declare a W yet.
That could very well turn into a pickem if Speight continues to improve and they start Chris Evans over Smith.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State played flat again. They had two chances to put this game on ice with great field position while up 21-7 and came away with nothing both times. Penn State got some key defensive players back from injury this week and won quite a few 50/50 balls down the field. They also love to play Ohio State tough in Happy Valley, hell, they took Ohio State to OT in 2014. I just hope this loss lights a fire under this team's ass like the Michigan State one did last year.

I'd think trailing to Wisconsin and having to win in OT would have lit a fire under the team. On a team full of experienced players, it is understandable to sleep walk through games, like last year. I'd think the guys right now would be playing each game to prove themselves.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think trailing to Wisconsin and having to win in OT would have lit a fire under the team. On a team full of experienced players, it is understandable to sleep walk through games, like last year. I'd think the guys right now would be playing each game to prove themselves.

They were at the beginning of the year. I think players solidified their starting spots and maybe got a little overconfident. Close wins weren't getting them to play better last year either, it took a loss

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were at the beginning of the year. I think players solidified their starting spots and maybe got a little overconfident. Close wins weren't getting them to play better last year either, it took a loss

That is on the coaching staff for letting the players get complacent, if that is the case. With so many young guys on the team, I just don't understand how that could happen though.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing back-to-back road games at night against teams coming off of a bye I'm sure doesn't happen often.

That is on the coaching staff for letting the players get complacent, if that is the case. With so many young guys on the team, I just don't understand how that could happen though.
Yeah, patience is wearing thin for Tim Beck and the offensive room in general

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance that is happening. Just playing at the Shoe guarantees OSU will be favored and probably favored by around 7.

If Ohio St. drops one of their next 4 before Michigan, it will probably be a pick em. No way is Michigan getting 7 points against a team that has losses to Penn St. and (hypothetically) Nebraska.

If both teams win out until the game then I see something like -6.5.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing back-to-back road games at night against teams coming off of a bye I'm sure doesn't happen often.

"at night"

so?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"at night"

so?
I cannot find anything to back this up, but I believe night games have a more electric crowd and therefore are harder to play in.

Doesn't matter either way, PSU beat us and we need to analyze and adjust now. Win out and it's a good chance the Bucks are in the playoff.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The back to back road night games -- is definitely not a very appealing schedule. That being said -- I could have understood if they lost to Wisconsin, as the Badgers have a legit defense and some quality talent elsewhere. Penn State shouldn't have been able to keep that game within 3 td's bare minimum. OSU's backups would probably be favored over PSU's starters.

Something is missing. IMO, I think it is Zeke Elliott. He opened up the offense for everyone. Even if you game planned to stop him, he would still bust out long runs and OSU just doesn't have a back like that right now. Samuel has the big play potential, but doesn't have the size of Elliott. And Weber, while a quality back, will get you tough yards, but you won't see many big runs, which seemed to really raise the spirits of the OSU players.

And trust me -- I am NOT saying OSU doesn't have a great offense. I still think they do. I think it is missing that big play ability from a bell cow RB. And I may be just watching OSU at the wrong times, but Noah Brown seems to drop every other pass that is thrown his way. (take into account -- i've only watched half of PSU game and the Wisconsin game)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot find anything to back this up, but I believe night games have a more electric crowd and therefore are harder to play in.

Without question. Night road games are the toughest to play for any team. Everyone is hyped up, they fans have been tailgating all day. It usually goes hand in hand with white outs, black outs or whatever the school thinks up for the crowd.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The back to back road night games -- is definitely not a very appealing schedule. That being said -- I could have understood if they lost to Wisconsin, as the Badgers have a legit defense and some quality talent elsewhere. Penn State shouldn't have been able to keep that game within 3 td's bare minimum. OSU's backups would probably be favored over PSU's starters.

Something is missing. IMO, I think it is Zeke Elliott. He opened up the offense for everyone. Even if you game planned to stop him, he would still bust out long runs and OSU just doesn't have a back like that right now. Samuel has the big play potential, but doesn't have the size of Elliott. And Weber, while a quality back, will get you tough yards, but you won't see many big runs, which seemed to really raise the spirits of the OSU players.

And trust me -- I am NOT saying OSU doesn't have a great offense. I still think they do. I think it is missing that big play ability from a bell cow RB. And I may be just watching OSU at the wrong times, but Noah Brown seems to drop every other pass that is thrown his way. (take into account -- i've only watched half of PSU game and the Wisconsin game)

Last night our biggest issue was the receivers. They were running sloppy routes, not finishing routes, or simply not looking for the ball when they should be. Samuel had an easy TD on a deep post that he just slowed up out of his cut and it made it look like Barrett missed him by 3 yds. Marcus Baugh had two blitzers run right past him and he didn't even turn around and Barrett threw it right past him. Our biggest receiving threats are all athletes playing receiver which is why you are seeing this.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair sometimes teams get up for games against teams like the Badgers. And look past teams like Penn State.Lets not forget blocked punts and FG attempts are a little bit of an anomaly.And it looked like the weather was bad again.Its been like Ohio state has had a rain cloud following them.And that non PI call was close he did grab the OSU WR's arm. Im not excusing the loss or the win. But everything isn't always black and white. Rather than knock OSU.I give credit to Penn State.They may be ranked after the Ole Miss loss yesterday

Reactions: BUD

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair sometimes teams get up for games against teams like the Badgers. And look past teams like Penn State.Lets not forget blocked punts and FG attempts are a little bit of an anomaly.And it looked like the weather was bad again.Its been like Ohio state has had a rain cloud following them.And that non PI call was close he did grab the OSU WR's arm. Im not excusing the loss or the win. But everything isn't always black and white. Rather than knock OSU.I give credit to Penn State.They may be ranked after the Ole Miss loss yesterday

OSU got 5 points off of special teams miscues, and also blocked a FG. The excuses are wack to me. A PI no call...the refs were consistent with those no calls all night. Penn State D stepped up and played well. OSU didn't lose because of some flukey shit.