• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 new artists that I've stumbled across recently that I really enjoy

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Working this week in South Carolina has actually turned out to be pretty cool. I've ate good, my paycheck will be bigger while working fewer hours than normal and the supervisor at the Lakeside quarry introduced me to 2 new artists that I really liked when I had all but given up on new music and the best part is, one of them is from Georgia.

First is Sturgill Simpson.

Next is Blackberry Smoke. I've heard their name advertised for local shows for a while, but never checked them out, and boy was I missing out. Who says Southern Rock is dead?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgpA1UCUQ-w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgpA1UCUQ-w[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackberry Smoke is awesome. Check out their whole album The Whippoorwill it's really good. They are pretty similar to The Black Crowes in my opinion (one of my favorite bands as well).

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackberry Smoke is awesome. Check out their whole album The Whippoorwill it's really good. They are pretty similar to The Black Crowes in my opinion (one of my favorite bands as well).

I've listened to about every Youtube video I could find of them yesterday and today. They're right up my alley.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've listened to about every Youtube video I could find of them yesterday and today. They're right up my alley.

If you like bluegrass check out The Steeldrivers. Most of their songs are really good.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you like bluegrass check out The Steeldrivers. Most of their songs are really good.

I'm familiar with them. Drinkin Dark Whiskey is one of my go to drinking songs.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm familiar with them. Drinkin Dark Whiskey is one of my go to drinking songs.

Yea that's a good one, drinkin dark whishey tellin white lies. My favorites are probably "To Be With You Again", "Heaven Sent", "Midnight Train To Memphis", and "Reckless Side Of Me". Steep Canyon Rangers and The Infamous Stringdusters are pretty good too if you haven't heard of them.

If I remember right you like playing poker so here's a good one.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that's a good one, drinkin dark whishey tellin white lies. My favorites are probably "To Be With You Again", "Heaven Sent", "Midnight Train To Memphis", and "Reckless Side Of Me". Steep Canyon Rangers and The Infamous Stringdusters are pretty good too if you haven't heard of them.

If I remember right you like playing poker so here's a good one.

I've heard all mentioned except Reckless Side of me, I'll give it a listen. I'm familiar with Steep Canyon Rangers, I'll have to check out The Infamous Stringdusters.

And that's a pretty good tune.