• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2-0 and Looking Good!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobson caught a TD pass. Made some drops, timing looked off. It was his first NFL game and he is returning from a hamstring injury. Ever run with a hamstring sore?
Sudfeld has a hamstring. He'll be back soon. Did he play his first game with a sore hamstring?
Amendola is out with a groin. We know he was hurting. He'll be back soon
Gronk will be back soon.
Thompkins caught a TD, yes it got called back. He will improve.
Vereen is out with a minor injury. He played the whole game with it. We miss him but he'll be back.

We are half a team right now. Does anybody believe that we do not have the personnel to improve our play? We improve our play, get our guys back and get into shape, we will be a team to be reckoned with.
We are the Patriots and we are 2-0 with half a team playing.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're a team with flaws that have to be corrected in order to have a shot in the playoffs. But they're also a team that at least has a realistic shot at correcting those flaws over the course of the season. Going to be an interesting - and often painful - year.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perspective is good. Both good and bad. As easily as we could have or even should have lost both games.....both games were on the brink of blow outs also.

I don't get the talk of bring in Moss, TO, Branch or other. If you bring one or two of them in...who are you going to cut? Dobson? Boyce? KT? Those dudes can't play any more. They aren't going to get us to a SB. We have to keep throwing these rookies into the fire. Sink or swim! They will either get on the same page with Brady or we will be starting all over again next year.

You can see the potential in these guys. They do get separation. This offense if gets on the same page will easily put up 30 a game.

Brady needs to rally around these guys. Brady acted like a baby in that game. I'm sure the whole offense is frustrated. Brady road the bench his rookie year. And the D and and O took him under their wing the 2nd year. He needs to remember this. Brady grew in this offense over his 14 years. Expecting these rookies to know what you know is ridiculous.

I also think Brady is frustrated with BB. Again, Brady gives the Pats cap room and they do squat to give him talent.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss as the fifth or sixth pass catching option would make this team better. Every other suggestion is laughable.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss as the fifth or sixth pass catching option would make this team better. Every other suggestion is laughable.

Who do you cut to add Moss to the team for the year?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take him over Leon Washington.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have plenty of guys who can return kicks. Ridley, bolden, Blount is fine at RB.

Moss adds far more than Washington does.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolden hasn't even been active. Out with a knee. That leaves only Ridley and Blount.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perspective is good. Both good and bad. As easily as we could have or even should have lost both games.....both games were on the brink of blow outs also.

I don't get the talk of bring in Moss, TO, Branch or other. If you bring one or two of them in...who are you going to cut? Dobson? Boyce? KT? Those dudes can't play any more. They aren't going to get us to a SB. We have to keep throwing these rookies into the fire. Sink or swim! They will either get on the same page with Brady or we will be starting all over again next year.

You can see the potential in these guys. They do get separation. This offense if gets on the same page will easily put up 30 a game.

Brady needs to rally around these guys. Brady acted like a baby in that game. I'm sure the whole offense is frustrated. Brady road the bench his rookie year. And the D and and O took him under their wing the 2nd year. He needs to remember this. Brady grew in this offense over his 14 years. Expecting these rookies to know what you know is ridiculous.

I also think Brady is frustrated with BB. Again, Brady gives the Pats cap room and they do squat to give him talent.

Good points that I mostly agree with. I still think these guys will be good. I think next year and after they could be great. Just a bit of time. And Brady himself has publicly said he needs to practice patience with these guys. But practicing patience is a whole lot easier to preach than practice if you don't have much to start.

I've often wondered in years past if it was the Physically gifted but untalented receivers BB was drafting, or if Brady did not have the patience and therefore did not develop them the way he could/should have.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@OP: I think we can all agree improving is the only option, right now these offense is struggling. 2-0 is good thanks to the Defense.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say, basically, if you go for the short term options like Branch, Moss, Stallworth, it is possible you will win more games in the short term. But you won't win a Super Bowl with them - I hope we can all agree on that.

You might not be able to win a Super Bowl with these rookies. They've clearly got a long way to go. But if you keep trying to bring them along, they might develop into players who you can win a Super Bowl with. They might not, and then you'll look kind of stupid for putting all your eggs in that basket, but at least you have a chance.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say, basically, if you go for the short term options like Branch, Moss, Stallworth, it is possible you will win more games in the short term. But you won't win a Super Bowl with them - I hope we can all agree on that.

You might not be able to win a Super Bowl with these rookies. They've clearly got a long way to go. But if you keep trying to bring them along, they might develop into players who you can win a Super Bowl with. They might not, and then you'll look kind of stupid for putting all your eggs in that basket, but at least you have a chance.

I agree we need to stick with the rookies no matter what that brings, the only way they are going to develope is to stick with it. It's the learning curve.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we need to stick with the rookies no matter what that brings, the only way they are going to develope is to stick with it. It's the learning curve.

If they don't develop, we don't make any noise in the playoffs. If they do, we do. But if we replace them with short term options, we don't make any noise in the playoffs AND we have no chance that they develop into a serious threat.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rookies are going to be better. The question is how soon? If we keep a good record until other players start to return and they get better along the way, we could come out of this looking good. Thats all we need to do this is keep wimming games - even ugly, and get the rookies to do what we drafted them for, as they get it. We will get better. How much? Time will tell.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree with the part in bold. He acted like such an arrogant prick in that game. It seems like he completely loses the calm that characterized him in the early years. His attitude probably cost a couple of drops and bad routes because the rooks were so nervous.