• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st Round, Pick 5: Bradley Chubb

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NC State fan here. You do not play Chubb as a LB. if you do that you are wasting what Chubb does. You probably didn’t watch many State games, I watched every play. You don’t want Chubb more than a few yards from the line of scrimmage. His motor never stops. He rushes the QB every play or he plays the run excellent. He will chase down many backs from behind. I don’t remember Chubb playing LB any the last 2 years at State. The plays that he did weren’t all that pretty but he got the job done. Chubb came in ranked in the 700’s out of high school. He wasn’t a 4 or 5 Star guy so he always has a chip on his shoulder. He doesn’t take plays off. You will love him and I can’t wait to watch him team up with Miller. They will be a great duo for years to come. Oh yeah, Chubb likes to steal towels from opposing QB’s. He tries to have fun out there.

A majority of his snaps will be with him up by the LOS. Teams are playing their base packages less and less with the NFL truly being a passing league and liking to spread teams out. So I'm not worried about him getting plenty of opportunities to get after the QB. He will be asked to drop every once in a while into coverage so I'm sure he will work on that some. Von Miller had to work in that area and has actually done decent now dropping into coverage when asked. Throw in if I remember right the Broncos play a 3-4 Under defense. It honestly looks closer to a 5-2 type defense where they will have the OLB's up near the LOS anyway.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31749554_10156300554108180_663714292821917696_n.jpg

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A majority of his snaps will be with him up by the LOS. Teams are playing their base packages less and less with the NFL truly being a passing league and liking to spread teams out. So I'm not worried about him getting plenty of opportunities to get after the QB. He will be asked to drop every once in a while into coverage so I'm sure he will work on that some. Von Miller had to work in that area and has actually done decent now dropping into coverage when asked. Throw in if I remember right the Broncos play a 3-4 Under defense. It honestly looks closer to a 5-2 type defense where they will have the OLB's up near the LOS anyway.

Good point Carl.

One unanswered question is how the Broncos intend to use Cravens Half LB and Half S. I see a change in philosophy coming. Last year the Broncos were killed up the middle by the run game and by passing to the TE usually across the middle. Both Jewell and Bierra are a little heftier - slower - tackle machines with skills in rushing the passer and a nose for the football - different skill sets from Todd Davis and from Z. Anderson.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point Carl.

One unanswered question is how the Broncos intend to use Cravens Half LB and Half S. I see a change in philosophy coming. Last year the Broncos were killed up the middle by the run game and by passing to the TE usually across the middle. Both Jewell and Bierra are a little heftier - slower - tackle machines with skills in rushing the passer and a nose for the football - different skill sets from Todd Davis and from Z. Anderson.

The Broncos definitely have some nice weapons to work with on defense. Just hoping Joe Woods knows how to use all these new players to their full ability. My guess is you will see Cravens mostly around the LOS on passing situations. That is where he is best in getting opportunities to blitz and of course dropping into coverage.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos definitely have some nice weapons to work with on defense. Just hoping Joe Woods knows how to use all these new players to their full ability. My guess is you will see Cravens mostly around the LOS on passing situations. That is where he is best in getting opportunities to blitz and of course dropping into coverage.

I'm not down on Joe Woods but this is where I think we'll miss Wade Phillips the most. That guy just knows how to mix things up and get the most out of his players. Hopefully, Woods can recreate that atmosphere because I agree that our defense now has some different weapons to be deployed. I'm also trying to temper my enthusiasm and remember that to expect too much out of a rookie will just set me up for disappointment.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK how much you ppls have watched Vikings' football but Chubb is so much like Everson Griffen

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that. Griff has one of the best motors in the game. I think people often forget Griffen was once a first round pick consideration and fell due to off field concerns. He had a rocky start as a rookie but once he put it together he took off. One of the more underrated players in today's game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that. Griff has one of the best motors in the game. I think people often forget Griffen was once a first round pick consideration and fell due to off field concerns. He had a rocky start as a rookie but once he put it together he took off. One of the more underrated players in today's game.

He is one of the better hand fighters in all of football. And that is what I see with Chubb is a guy that won't win as often around the edge but with incredible technique and irritating OL with how well he uses his hands to get leverage.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. The first thing that stands out to me about Chubb is the use of his hands to get around blockers. It really is amazing. You don't see much better with their hands.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. The first thing that stands out to me about Chubb is the use of his hands to get around blockers. It really is amazing. You don't see much better with their hands.

Joey Bosa is another that comes to mind in the NFL right now that is incredible with his hands.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hands are a dangerous weapon!

It is an underrated part that so many college pass rushers are missing. We look at the speed and bend ability of so many of them and just think the hand fighting is something they can learn and grow in. Which is partly true but the guys that to me can come in and have the biggest impact day 1 are the great hand fighters. I look at guys like Terrell Suggs and their instant impact in big part because of his ability to hand fight from day 1.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is an underrated part that so many college pass rushers are missing. We look at the speed and bend ability of so many of them and just think the hand fighting is something they can learn and grow in. Which is partly true but the guys that to me can come in and have the biggest impact day 1 are the great hand fighters. I look at guys like Terrell Suggs and their instant impact in big part because of his ability to hand fight from day 1.

100% agree.