• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st Round, Pick 5: Bradley Chubb

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick, We understood what you meant. Just telling why we trust Chubb more as a high pick.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Palmer of NFLN reported he talked to several GMs who said if Chubb was in 2017 draft he would have been drafted ahead of Garrett so there are some GMs that liked Chubb better than Garrett

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Palmer of NFLN reported he talked to several GMs who said if Chubb was in 2017 draft he would have been drafted ahead of Garrett so there are some GMs that liked Chubb better than Garrett

It is all a matter of production/NFL ready compared to potential when looking at those two. Throw in the work ethic question attached to Garrett and it makes sense that teams would want to take the safer pick in Chubb. Personally I would take Garrett over Chubb but it would be close.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb >--- Garrett

It's sorta what you prefer.. A bit more upside with less work ethic, or a really good player with great work ethic.

I think Chubb is too good to take the risk of bad work ethic from Garrett.

Both have the potential to be great... That isn't the question here.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb >--- Garrett

It's sorta what you prefer.. A bit more upside with less work ethic, or a really good player with great work ethic.

I think Chubb is too good to take the risk of bad work ethic from Garrett.

Both have the potential to be great... That isn't the question here.

Agreed on that last part. I'm a go big or go home kind of guy so Garrett fits that a bit more but I could see him failing more so than Chubb just because he is with the Browns and his type of player is hard to keep motivated if the team isn't winning. Chubb on the other hand I expect full effort no matter how out of control the game or season is going.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus the best team in the league prefers smart football players over super athletes

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know what way the Patriots would have gone. ;)

Anybody see the video of Belichick coaching up Chubb at his pro day? Made an effort to go find him after the workout to tell him how much he liked his work. Told him his Patriots had no shot at him though unfortunately.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody see the video of Belichick coaching up Chubb at his pro day? Made an effort to go find him after the workout to tell him how much he liked his work. Told him his Patriots had no shot at him though unfortunately.

Hands off Belly!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks @Dr Cyanide 28 - Nice article

I think the best pass rushing 4 some on obvious passing downs will be to move Chubb inside to DE - paired with Walker at DE - with Ray and Miller on the outside - that rush lineup will be jail break. I hope the Broncos move Chubb around like he was in college (once he masters the OLB position sufficiently).

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley Chubb tape thread

Shackl4d23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt OLB. I don’t think you take an elite athlete for DE in our D.

My assumption now is that Walker, last year’s second rounder, has to bulk up and play DE.

NC State fan here. You do not play Chubb as a LB. if you do that you are wasting what Chubb does. You probably didn’t watch many State games, I watched every play. You don’t want Chubb more than a few yards from the line of scrimmage. His motor never stops. He rushes the QB every play or he plays the run excellent. He will chase down many backs from behind. I don’t remember Chubb playing LB any the last 2 years at State. The plays that he did weren’t all that pretty but he got the job done. Chubb came in ranked in the 700’s out of high school. He wasn’t a 4 or 5 Star guy so he always has a chip on his shoulder. He doesn’t take plays off. You will love him and I can’t wait to watch him team up with Miller. They will be a great duo for years to come. Oh yeah, Chubb likes to steal towels from opposing QB’s. He tries to have fun out there.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NC State fan here. You do not play Chubb as a LB. if you do that you are wasting what Chubb does. You probably didn’t watch many State games, I watched every play. You don’t want Chubb more than a few yards from the line of scrimmage. His motor never stops. He rushes the QB every play or he plays the run excellent. He will chase down many backs from behind. I don’t remember Chubb playing LB any the last 2 years at State. The plays that he did weren’t all that pretty but he got the job done. Chubb came in ranked in the 700’s out of high school. He wasn’t a 4 or 5 Star guy so he always has a chip on his shoulder. He doesn’t take plays off. You will love him and I can’t wait to watch him team up with Miller. They will be a great duo for years to come. Oh yeah, Chubb likes to steal towels from opposing QB’s. He tries to have fun out there.
In a 3-4 he will be an OLB, on the opposite side of Von. And he’ll be on the LOS. We’re also excited to see what he can do here.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think he realized what tyoe of defense we ran before he made his comment.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Chubb is gonna start off with #55 (not many other options for him) but isn't quite sold he will keep it just yet. So hold off on your jersey. ;)