• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st Round Grades

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Copied and pasted just the picks and positions from some site. They labeled Arnette as an OL :pound:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they are as close as last season suggests. I think they fall off a bit this year, and other NFC teams get better. And also I think Rodgers end is closer than most would like to believe.

Plus, it's a deep WR class.

Maybe, like I said if AR has told the team he has 2 years left, then it makes more sense. I like Love as a developmental guy but IMO Green Bay could have done the same with Gordon later and got an immediate playmaker.

The NFC Championship is still the NFC Championship. I do like the pick a helluva lot better than last yeas pick of Gary.

As a Lions fan I like the pick as he won't get on the field this year and thats one less playmaker their weak ass defense needs to worry about.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a vacuum, I'd rank them:

A
Burrow - Bengals
Young - Skins
Wills - Browns
Kinlaw - Niners
Jeudy - Broncos
Queen - Ravens
Gladney - Vikings
Thomas - Giants
Tua - Dolphins
Wirfs - Bucs
Lamb - Cowboys
Chaisson - Jaguars
Love - Packers

B
Okudah - Lions
Simmons - Cardinals
Brown - Panthers
Henderson - Jaguars
Becton - Jets
Ruggs - Raiders
Reagor - Eagles
Jefferson - Vikings
Murray - Chargers
Brooks - Seahawks
Aiyuk - Niners
Helaire - Chiefs

C
Herbert - Chargers
Terrell - Falcons
Jackson - Dolphins
Ruiz - Saints
Wilson - Titans

D
Arnette - Raiders

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A
Burrow - Bengals
Young - Skins
Wills - Browns
Kinlaw - Niners
Jeudy - Broncos
Queen - Ravens
Gladney - Vikings
Thomas - Giants
Tua - Dolphins
Wirfs - Bucs
Lamb - Cowboys
Chaisson - Jaguars

B
Okudah - Lions
Simmons - Cardinals
Brown - Panthers
Henderson - Jaguars
Becton - Jets
Ruggs - Raiders
Reagor - Eagles
Jefferson - Vikings
Murray - Chargers
Brooks - Seahawks
Aiyuk - Niners
Helaire - Chiefs

C
Herbert - Chargers
Terrell - Falcons
Jackson - Dolphins
Ruiz - Saints
Wilson - Titans

D
Arnette - Raiders

F WTF?!
Love - Packers

I can get behind most of this. Although I'd flip Okudah and Ruiz. Also, Ruggs is a D for sure. Raiders fucked this draft up.

How you put Love as an A makes me think it was just a typo. That's the one F grade that should be here on your list. Here I'll make the change for you on that one.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely give SF no lower than a B - Kinlaw was one of three guys I wanted @13 and Aiyuk fits Shanahan's scheme nicely. Admittedly, if they were going WR, it would be Ruggs as my top choice, but I think the drop-off after Kinlaw to the next DL was higher than the receiver gap.

Won't really know until another three years or so, but today, I'm happy.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely give SF no lower than a B - Kinlaw was one of three guys I wanted @13 and Aiyuk fits Shanahan's scheme nicely. Admittedly, if they were going WR, it would be Ruggs as my top choice, but I think the drop-off after Kinlaw to the next DL was higher than the receiver gap.

Won't really know until another three years or so, but today, I'm happy.

SF was overall pretty decent. I was actually quite surprised to see them take Kinlaw over Jeudy as I just feel like Jimmy Garparolololol would benefit GREATLY from Jeudy's football IQ and route running, but I can't knock the 9ers for it. I was praying they wouldn't take Jeudy and am much happier they reached a bit for Aiyuk. I think they were hoping for Jefferson or maybe a Lamb fall... but who knows.

But yah, I can't knock the 9ers draft. Overall their first was solid. And they did need to fill the void of Buckner. I know Armstead played better last year but it may have been an anomaly year for him (he hasn't been that consistent in his career). Buckner has been critical to the success of the 49ers line in the last few years. Filling that void was needed and Kinlaw is a good replacement if he stays healthy.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A
Burrow - Bengals
Young - Skins
Wills - Browns
Kinlaw - Niners
Jeudy - Broncos
Queen - Ravens
Gladney - Vikings
Thomas - Giants
Tua - Dolphins
Wirfs - Bucs
Lamb - Cowboys
Chaisson - Jaguars
Love - Packers

B
Okudah - Lions
Simmons - Cardinals
Brown - Panthers
Henderson - Jaguars
Becton - Jets
Ruggs - Raiders
Reagor - Eagles
Jefferson - Vikings
Murray - Chargers
Brooks - Seahawks
Aiyuk - Niners
Helaire - Chiefs

C
Herbert - Chargers
Terrell - Falcons
Jackson - Dolphins
Ruiz - Saints
Wilson - Titans

D
Arnette - Raiders
I don't see much about Jordan Love that they don't already have with Deshonne Kizer, and that's not an endorsement for Kizer because he's not very good. They both had similar strengths and weaknesses as prospects. That pick just didn't make any sense to me at all.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can get behind most of this. Although I'd flip Okudah and Ruiz. Also, Ruggs is a D for sure. Raiders fucked this draft up.

How you put Love as an A makes me think it was just a typo. That's the one F grade that should be here on your list. Here I'll make the change for you on that one.
It depends. If they trade Rodgers sometime in the next 13 or 14 months then its an A. Every year after that the grade looks worse and worse. Its why I said 'in a vaccuum'

The issue that obvious everyone should bring up is that Rodgers is playing at a high level. He is basically a top tier decision maker and thats hard to replace.

I probably should drop the grade down to a C. I just like the idea of a team with a solid veteran picking Love for the development of Love. Thats a good spot for him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends. If they trade Rodgers sometime in the next 13 or 14 months then its an A. Every year after that the grade looks worse and worse. Its why I said 'in a vaccuum'

The issue that obvious everyone should bring up is that Rodgers is playing at a high level. He is basically a top tier decision maker and thats hard to replace.

I probably should drop the grade down to a C. I just like the idea of a team with a solid veteran picking Love for the development of Love. Thats a good spot for him.

I mean with that pick they should trade Rodgers immediately, lol... it makes no sense otherwise.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF was overall pretty decent. I was actually quite surprised to see them take Kinlaw over Jeudy as I just feel like Jimmy Garparolololol would benefit GREATLY from Jeudy's football IQ and route running, but I can't knock the 9ers for it. I was praying they wouldn't take Jeudy and am much happier they reached a bit for Aiyuk. I think they were hoping for Jefferson or maybe a Lamb fall... but who knows.

But yah, I can't knock the 9ers draft. Overall their first was solid. And they did need to fill the void of Buckner. I know Armstead played better last year but it may have been an anomaly year for him (he hasn't been that consistent in his career). Buckner has been critical to the success of the 49ers line in the last few years. Filling that void was needed and Kinlaw is a good replacement if he stays healthy.

Aiyuk is a better fit than Jeudy though and they still got Kinlaw

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aiyuk is a better fit than Jeudy though and they still got Kinlaw

Yah I guess you're right. Aiyuk will be a good replacement for Sanders and offers a similar skillset. I think it was still a reach with how early they took him though, but there may have not been any trade partners (similar to Seattle with Brooks).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean with that pick they should trade Rodgers immediately, lol... it makes no sense otherwise.
I think Rodgers getting one last run with the Packers while Love develops one year on the bench could be a win-win situation.

I don't see much about Jordan Love that they don't already have with Deshonne Kizer
Thats basically Love's worst case scenario. You can do that to almost any QB prospect.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats basically Love's worst case scenario. You can do that to almost any QB prospect.
But I think it's much more realistic than him becoming an All-Pro. It's not a guarantee of course but I don't see anything special about the guy. If I'm coaching against him, I'm playing zone defense for most of the game and probably coming away with 2-3 INTs. I thought he was at best a late-2nd round prospect, and I wouldn't have even had taken him there honestly.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one of the few that actually liked Green Bay's pick. Nothing wrong with letting the kid marinate for a couple of years under Rodgers. I know the league has become a young man's game, but it wasn't that long ago, that this was how you drafted QBs for sustained success.

That's very much how they've maintained elite QB play for 30 years.

^^^^^^
Finally, someone who gets it :suds:

Bravo

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aiyuk is actually a better fit for SF than Jeudy (which I see has been addressed) and I can say the same thing about Kinlaw vs. Buckner. I'm not saying he'll be better than Buckner, but the potential in Kocurek's scheme to go after QB's - instead of the two-gapping he was doing in college - if he develops some moves and diversity in his technique, he can be a better player than DeFo.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of the OP for sure. I have no idea what Gruden was doing with the Raiders pick but I'm happy, not a fan. One issue I had was the Giants pick. While it was a safe pick to fill a big need with a low floor he also has a low ceiling. A player at 4 should have the chance to be great and this guy probably won't ever get to great.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of the OP for sure. I have no idea what Gruden was doing with the Raiders pick but I'm happy, not a fan. One issue I had was the Giants pick. While it was a safe pick to fill a big need with a low floor he also has a low ceiling. A player at 4 should have the chance to be great and this guy probably won't ever get to great.

I love Thomas and it was a safe pick. I think his ceiling is more limited.

What do you think of Jedrick Wills and Tristan Wirfs?