• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: Boston Celtics vs Philadelphia Sixers

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For at least right now anyways, you are correct.

Boston is loaded at the wing... loaded. Even their 4th, 5th and 6th wing on the roster has some utility... even on the stage of the NBA playoffs. Coach Stevens can point at even a Romeo Langford and get some good, versatile defense.

Credit Danny Ainge.

Wonder if they can move that contract as an expiring

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really glad we gave Tobias Harris all that money to puss out.

Also...apparently the Celtics have never committed a foul. They cry with every whistle.
Cry? You ever watch embiid?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if they can move that contract as an expiring
Maybe... it would have to be a good deal for both sides.

Because Hayward isn't a scrub or anything. He's a good (maybe even very good) player. He's just not worth $30+ million.

So Boston isn't necessarily in a rush to trade him, nor is any team out there in a rush to trade for him.

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon Hayward makes 35 million a year. And the team barely misses him.
Yeah definitely has been a waste. Such a big what if, if he didn’t have that brutal injury

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Butler and Redick made a huge difference. That team last year was literally an unbelievable bounce away from knocking out the Raptors and I think they would have advanced to the Finals. I don't think they should have traded for Tobias Harris though. I would have rather had Landry Shamet and the two draft picks. Even with the awkward Simmons/Embiid fit, those two with Redick, Butler, Shamet those picks and fill in the rest is championship quality. So "The Process" worked. It got them a bunch of draft picks (which they turned into Simmons and Embiid) and asset flexability to put pieces around that (Redick, Butler). Colangelo/Brand just made other moves that bungled it all.

That isn’t the point though.

They had cap space to sign a max player like 3 summers in a row.

Yes, Reddick and Butler made them better.

But they still failed miserably. I believe they should been able to get a stud in FA with dealing Covington.

And, their worst transgression, like @fightinfunbags was keeping Brett Brown.

Butler was never going to resign in Philly because their culture was/is a bad joke.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All my keep Embiid trade Simmons guys, are you watching? Jo is dominant. The Cs have no answer. It doesn’t matter. Embiid can’t make guys better. Simmons is the piece that can make the other pieces better. The days of the dominant 5 running the game are over. Trade Embiid for a shooter that can run next to Ben. Try and work something for Beal down in Washington.

Embiid is dominant.

Offensively.

The 6ers defensive game plan for the Kemba pick and rolls is atrocious though.

The 6ers can’t win and games giving up 115 a game.

And the Celtics are going to average about that many against this big 6er lineup.

They need Simmons.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Series is over. Sixers lack heart and are being horribly outcoached.

Tobias Harris is one of the bigger frauds I have ever seen in NBA ball. Come playoff time he disappears every fucking time.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire Brown, but also Elton Brand. The makeup of the team is fundamentally flawed and Stevens just running pick and rolls at the top of the circle all fucking game and they can't stop it. What an embarrassment.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire Brown, but also Elton Brand. The makeup of the team is fundamentally flawed and Stevens just running pick and rolls at the top of the circle all fucking game and they can't stop it. What an embarrassment.

even without the Simmons injury I don't like what they did with the roster this year versus last.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's desperation time... but the '6ers are never gonna mount a comeback playing this candy zone defense they're playing.

That stuff only works in the NBA as a quick change-of-pace... you run it for a trip or two to throw a curve ball and maybe confuse the other team for a moment... when you run it every trip, a team like the Celtics is gonna carve you up.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my

They signed him for four years?

Jesus.

Yeah. He already sucks this year. It's gonna be awesome seeing him in year 3 and 4 of the deal. Brogdon, Barnes or Bogdanovic would have been much better IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's desperation time... but the '6ers are never gonna mount a comeback playing this candy zone defense they're playing.

That stuff only works in the NBA as a quick change-of-pace... you run it for a trip or two to throw a curve ball and maybe confuse the other team for a moment... when you run it every trip, a team like the Celtics is gonna carve you up.

I agree.

But like I said before the series started, the Sixers just can’t match up with the Celtics. They are just too slow to effectively guard the perimeter.

So while gimmicky and unlikely to work as more than a change of pace, it is still probably the 6ers best chance.

Because playing straight man they gonna get swept.

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pray for the process

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

But like I said before the series started, the Sixers just can’t match up with the Celtics. They are just too slow to effectively guard the perimeter.

So while gimmicky and unlikely to work as more than a change of pace, it is still probably the 6ers best chance.

Because playing straight man they gonna get swept.
Maybe it’s just the system he’s in? Because he was such a huge piece in the Celtics team. Or maybe age?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it’s just the system he’s in? Because he was such a huge piece in the Celtics team. Or maybe age?

I wasn’t really talking specifically about Horford.

But I think a bit of both. He has definitely declined some physically. But the 6ers also brought him in to play alongside Embiid at the 4.

That means he is often guarding perimeter players.

Now, a couple years ago, Horford could do it. He was about as good as anybody guarding guys like LeBron and Giannis. But I think he has lost a step or 3.