• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 4) Cavs vs 5) Knicks

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about the jitters. Missing so many easy shots
missed way too many easy shots.

kinda of what i feared would happen - happened.

I think the Cavs will settle in though- i did not feel good about game 1, but i feel good about game 2. In a weird way- even though i know there is more pressure not to go down 0-2- i feel the pressure is off and the CAvs are back in the role of under dogs which is where they play best.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks the better team, just a tough bunch

I don’t think the Knicks are better.

Cavs have a better starting 5 and the best player in the series. Knicks have better depth. More guys who can step up and produce when their main options are off.

This looks like a 7 game series to me.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I read anything gonna make a comment.....

In the Cavs'/Cleveland forums I look at it is what is expected from fans and overreaction city. No doubt some things to clean up like rebounding and the bench players need to play better. But despite allowing a ton of 2nd chances and getting next to nothing from the bench we lost by 4.

sucks and lose game 2 and we are obviously in deep trouble, but win and all could be OK.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the Knicks are better.

Cavs have a better starting 5 and the best player in the series. Knicks have better depth. More guys who can step up and produce when their main options are off.

This looks like a 7 game series to me.
Man, I knew the bench was bad and plus-minus not be all end all but wow. 4 starters had a positive plus minus and only one who didn't was -3. Osman was a +1 but rest of bench was -9, -14 and -14.

Either the guys who played will need to step up - and it sure didn't help our only reliable bench player the last 2-3 months (Levert) was beyond bad) or will have to give other guys a chance.

I'm not a blame the coach guy and figure he has his reasons but I'd love to know why Green cannot get meaningful minutes (well, thinking it must be what they see in practice). I also think in addition to not playing well Rubio just not a good fit with this group....not the same as when he was needed with Sexton out and no Levert like last year. Now we have Mitchell (and Levert) so a little different.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about the jitters. Missing so many easy shots
Yes!!! so frustrating.....too many TOs on passes to guys underneath, as well. I recall a short stretch where Mitchell and Levert had 3 such passes.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I read anything gonna make a comment.....

In the Cavs'/Cleveland forums I look at it is what is expected from fans and overreaction city. No doubt some things to clean up like rebounding and the bench players need to play better. But despite allowing a ton of 2nd chances and getting next to nothing from the bench we lost by 4.

sucks and lose game 2 and we are obviously in deep trouble, but win and all could be OK.
Biggest difference is a team one game under .500 on the road now HAS to win a road game whereas before all the road games were bonus. This is the first go at a trial by error situation. Now Cavs fans and organization get to see how these pieces respond to adversity and how they handle it. They get to assess Bickerstaff and his “answers” to what he saw. Seems to me like Mitchell (who has playoff experience) led the charge and they didn’t get enough of the group to follow so to speak. Who leads the group? These are all things the Cavs get a chance to assess. The Cavs can’t lose they just need to learn. I will say that I think I may have under rated the Knicks. The addition of Hart has made them different and they have figured out better how to play with leads, take a team’s best run and then regroup. Yesterday for me was more about what the Knicks were and not so much about what the Cavs are not. Good luck to your guys.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest difference is a team one game under .500 on the road now HAS to win a road game whereas before all the road games were bonus. This is the first go at a trial by error situation. Now Cavs fans and organization get to see how these pieces respond to adversity and how they handle it. They get to assess Bickerstaff and his “answers” to what he saw. Seems to me like Mitchell (who has playoff experience) led the charge and they didn’t get enough of the group to follow so to speak. Who leads the group? These are all things the Cavs get a chance to assess. The Cavs can’t lose they just need to learn. I will say that I think I may have under rated the Knicks. The addition of Hart has made them different and they have figured out better how to play with leads, take a team’s best run and then regroup. Yesterday for me was more about what the Knicks were and not so much about what the Cavs are not. Good luck to your guys.
Totally agree with that.......I noticed it seemed the Knicks did more to get the ball out of Garland's hands than Mitchell's and I guess could say it worked as not even sure he took a shot in the 4th.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I knew the bench was bad and plus-minus not be all end all but wow. 4 starters had a positive plus minus and only one who didn't was -3. Osman was a +1 but rest of bench was -9, -14 and -14.

Either the guys who played will need to step up - and it sure didn't help our only reliable bench player the last 2-3 months (Levert) was beyond bad) or will have to give other guys a chance.

I'm not a blame the coach guy and figure he has his reasons but I'd love to know why Green cannot get meaningful minutes (well, thinking it must be what they see in practice). I also think in addition to not playing well Rubio just not a good fit with this group....not the same as when he was needed with Sexton out and no Levert like last year. Now we have Mitchell (and Levert) so a little different.
Danny Green had another knee injury. I saw him get some run for you guys and it was clear to me when I watched him as a Sixer vs what I saw that the knee isn’t all the way back yet and he wasn’t moving with the suddenness he once possessed. That could be it. But an argument could be made that his experience is what the Cavs need on the floor along with the spacing his shooting should give. We will see what Bickerstaff does now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think toughness is what will win it for them
Might be wrong but not sure anyone had ever called Randle a tough player. Hard to think 2 guys who should make all D teams are soft or not somewhat tough. Just one game....for now. I've seen more talented Cavalier teams with more experience overall and together get beat worse than that in a playoff game.

But no doubt we need to rebound better and bench needs to play better or at least not beyond bad.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,353.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge surpris win in my opinion for me in game 1 for the Knicks. They gotta keep up the great work in game 2 but my prediction is it will end up 1-1 going into game 3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Green had another knee injury. I saw him get some run for you guys and it was clear to me when I watched him as a Sixer vs what I saw that the knee isn’t all the way back yet and he wasn’t moving with the suddenness he once possessed. That could be it. But an argument could be made that his experience is what the Cavs need on the floor along with the spacing his shooting should give. We will see what Bickerstaff does now.
would have for sure just thought not healthy enough had he not gotten so much run in those last 2 games. Having never really watched him that much I didn't see what you did in those games. But he was hitting some open shots which we need.

Isn't to saying wrong not to play him as I'm crazy enough to believe a guy around the game since birth along with his other coaches might have a better feel for his players than fans.