• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 3) Milwaukee Bucks vs 6) Miami Heat

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was called (which is why it's being discussed) and it was called against a small market.

What conspiracy theory? I'm saying that openly refusing to enforce a rule (in this case against a superstar) while the violation is actively being pointed out on national tv feeds the very narrative that the NBA and it's fans have been trying to stop.
what's the conspiracy by not calling it? are they now trying to give the small market an advantage?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suppose he is allowed too much time and misses late in a close game? You get this is possible, too, right?

Gee, no I had no idea that he could possibly miss the free throw.

Grow up.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea and I don't really care. I don't care if the keep the rule, get rid of it or tweak it. My point is how it makes the league look and the narrative it feeds.

Honestly, until it was called on Giannis, I never noticed, even with him.

I can think of a few guys throughout league history that putting a clock on would be interesting. Karl Malone for 1. He used to have a conversation with his imaginary friend or something before shooting a free throw. lol
Truth be told if they ever want to enforce a rule like this it would be the time allowed a pitcher (assuming they still even have that as a rule).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's worked up over it besides some Heat fans? I just happen to agree that the rule should be enforced if they're going to have it. My guess is that if it were ever shown to have effected the outcome of a game, especially a playoff game...you'd find lots of people worked up over it. lol
Not really sure how to know if affected the outcome as who is to say the guy would miss if he shot in right amount of time...and what if he takes too long and still misses?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told if they ever want to enforce a rule like this it would be the time allowed a pitcher (assuming they still even have that as a rule).

Didn't baseball just do that? Isn't that part of the reason for limiting mound visits and pitchers having to face a certain number of batters or whatever the rule is now?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure how to know if affected the outcome as who is to say the guy would miss if he shot in right amount of time...and what if he takes too long and still misses?

It would still be called and the team getting the ball would just be taking it out of bounds instead of rebounding the ball.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't baseball just do that? Isn't that part of the reason for limiting mound visits and pitchers having to face a certain number of batters or whatever the rule is now?
They did limit the mound visits. Thought there was a time they had a rule on how long they could take with no one on base. Not sure it's still a rule. If it is, I am certain the Indians have some guys who break it....probably all the relievers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did limit the mound visits. Thought there was a time they had a rule on how long they could take with no one on base. Not sure it's still a rule. If it is, I am certain the Indians have some guys who break it....probably all the relievers.

Oh, you're talking about between pitches. Yeah, I have no idea if that's a rule or not.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, you're talking about between pitches. Yeah, I have no idea if that's a rule or not.
Decided to check and all I can say is "wow". Talk about a rule that is not enforced. Article is 6 years old but guessing it was not being enforced then either as I can recall guys taking a long time

"When the bases are unoccupied, the pitcher shall deliver the ball to the batter

within 12 seconds after he receives the ball. Each time the pitcher delays the game by violating this rule, the umpire shall call "Ball."

The 12-second timing starts when the pitcher is in possession of the ball and the batter is in the box, alert to the pitcher. The timing stops when the pitcher releases the ball.

The intent of this rule is to avoid unnecessary delays. The umpire shall insist that the catcher return the ball promptly to the pitcher, and that the pitcher take his position on the rubber promptly. Obvious delay by the pitcher should instantly be penalized by the umpire."

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes no sense.

If they're not going to enforce it, get rid of it or tweak it, it's really not that difficult.

Talk about absurd. You got any actual basketball examples?

3 seconds is basically enforced the same way.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was this is a real conversation?

people actually getting mad about a guy taking more than 10 seconds to shoot a free throw?

this actually bothered someone?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami really just does not have much explosiveness or athleticism outside of Bam.

Jimmy is a great athlete but hes gonna be 32 before next season starts- not exactly like he is an explosive playmaking 26 year old at this point.

Herro has athleticism but hes still so young and really didnt show up this year, didnt take the next step.

they need athleticism and speed in the worst way. Cut the dead weight of DRagic, ARiza, AI- and get some speed and athleticism on this team. The Bucks looked bigger, faster, more athletic and more explosive- and they wouldnt have been the only team that made Miami look slow and old.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order....

Then allow me to explain......you are comparing a rule that has a direct affect on each possession (the shot clock) to a rule that wont affect the outcome of a game

The rule serves it's purpose.....it stops people from abusing it by going way over

You made the claim it's a rule so it needs to be enforced. So is the speed limit, and it seems you are OK they don't hold people to the letter of the law on that. Are you now saying only in the NBA do rules need to be strictly enforced? Since I'm sure you know there have been guys in the lane more than 3 seconds and gotten away with it are you also saying only in the NBA on 1 rule that affects nothing, really, and many probably don't even know about it?
Get the fuck out comparing athletic competition rules to speeding, my God.