• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 2) Nuggets vs 7) Lakers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not NBA ready. Doubt this happens but if Bronny would end up at Duquesne that would probably make his dad happy. The new HC (Dru Joyce) is a childhood friend and former HS teammate of LeBron's.

Yeah, he's definitely not ready.

From what I saw at USC, he has talent, he's smart and if he has any of his Dads work ethic, could carve out a nice career for himself as a solid rotational player. But he needs time on the court that he's not going to get in the NBA.

Maybe they'll sign him to a 2 way so he can get more time on the court in the G-league?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he's definitely not ready.

From what I saw at USC, he has talent, he's smart and if he has any of his Dads work ethic, could carve out a nice career for himself as a solid rotational player. But he needs time on the court that he's not going to get in the NBA.

Maybe they'll sign him to a 2 way so he can get more time on the court in the G-league?

I doubt it will be a 2 way, but they could still send him down for extended periods (if he even comes out this summer)

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it will be a 2 way, but they could still send him down for extended periods (if he even comes out this summer)

That would help. He needs playing time. He's already declared, don't know if he can still return to college.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still is eligible to return. He hasn't hired an agent.
I wonder who his agent might end up being? Hmmm.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful, you'll sprain your shoulder patting yourself on the back like that...

lol

It's not about that.

When the Lakers aren't performing up to expectations, too many Lakers fans just default to "fire the coach" which is lazy.

I'm not even saying that Ham shouldn't be fired, but unless there is someone better, you stay with him. Even if folks are mostly happy with the direction of the team, if you can get someone better, you do it. For example, there was nothing wrong with the job Del Harris was doing, but
Phil was available.

People want to complain about Hams rotations, but don't want to acknowledge the injuries to important rotational players that led to most of them. Lakers fans bitched about his "rotations when he benched D-Lo and Reaves who were playing like hammered owl shit, then didn't give him credit when it worked and both played better after the benching.

Mecca says she believes that Ty Lue is done and will be available...that is a coach you fire Ham for.

Some Lakers fans claimed that Handy is better...how would they know? He's never been an HC either.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

It's not about that.

When the Lakers aren't performing up to expectations, too many Lakers fans just default to "fire the coach" which is lazy.

I'm not even saying that Ham shouldn't be fired, but unless there is someone better, you stay with him. Even if folks are mostly happy with the direction of the team, if you can get someone better, you do it. For example, there was nothing wrong with the job Del Harris was doing, but
Phil was available.

People want to complain about Hams rotations, but don't want to acknowledge the injuries to important rotational players that led to most of them. Lakers fans bitched about his "rotations when he benched D-Lo and Reaves who were playing like hammered owl shit, then didn't give him credit when it worked and both played better after the benching.

Mecca says she believes that Ty Lue is done and will be available...that is a coach you fire Ham for.

Some Lakers fans claimed that Handy is better...how would they know? He's never been an HC either.

Lance is no Laker fan and he has criticized him.

Handy has been with the Lakers a while and is one of the most well respected coaches in the entire League.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance is no Laker fan and he has criticized him.

Handy has been with the Lakers a while and is one of the most well respected coaches in the entire League.

He has also said that he doesn't know if he needs to be fired.

Darvin Ham was also one of the most respected coaches in the league.

One of the complaints from Lakers fans, almost from the day he was hired, was that he lacked HC experience and the Lakers needed a coach that wasn't "learning on the job". Well, if you hire another HC with no HC experience...guess what you're getting? A guy learning on the job.

Just because he's been with the Lakers doesn't mean Handy will be a good HC. It just means he's someone the players are used to.

If they want to fire Ham...fine. But they need to replace him with an established, respected HC and it doesn't look like there are going to be many available.

It's just 1 seat over from top assistant to HC...but there's a canyon between those seats.

There are rumors that Vogel might get canned by the Suns and if the Bucks don't advance very far, maybe they fire Doc.

You want either one of them? Would either of them want to come to the Lakers?

Since Phil retired, the Lakers have had 6 different HC's, That's a new HC almost every 2 years. Luke Walton lasted the longest.

You get no consistency changing coaches every 2 years and coaches with choices are unlikely to sign up for that.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of the complaints from Lakers fans, almost from the day he was hired, was that he lacked HC experience and the Lakers needed a coach that wasn't "learning on the job". Well, if you hire another HC with no HC experience...guess what you're getting? A guy learning on the job.

Just because he's been with the Lakers doesn't mean Handy will be a good HC. It just means he's someone the players are used to.

If they want to fire Ham...fine. But they need to replace him with an established, respected HC and it doesn't look like there are going to be many available.

It's just 1 seat over from top assistant to HC...but there's a canyon between those seats.

There are rumors that Vogel might get canned by the Suns and if the Bucks don't advance very far, maybe they fire Doc.

Since Phil retired, the Lakers have had 6 different HC's, That's a new HC almost every 2 years. Luke Walton lasted the longest.

You get no consistency changing coaches every 2 years and coaches with choices are unlikely to sign up for that.

I said he needs to be fired.

Not even about if he might be a good coach someday.

The players clearly don’t listen to him.

Open and shut case.

Should have fired him in January like I said. Might still be playing.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I already said Lue would be a good choice since his time is up with the Clippers.

But, Handy has been there with James. Ham was an outsider. Gotta have a coach the players respect.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Open and shut case.

This.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already said Lue would be a good choice since his time is up with the Clippers.

But, Handy has been there with James. Ham was an outsider. Gotta have a coach the players respect.

Having been with James doesn't make him a good HC. Lots of coaches are respected by players until they become the HC. If Lebron doesn't like some of his decisions...how long do you think that respect lasts?

Like I said, if they fire Ham...fine. But if they replace him with someone with no HC experience...there's a solid chance that you and others are just going to be on here crying that you want him fired too.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Open and shut case.

You also said you weren't sure he needed to be fired.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also said you weren't sure he needed to be fired.
Just an outsider opinion but I think people are way too quick to dismiss other influences in this particular case. If Lebron doesn’t want you then you aren’t there. Not even saying that is bad, he gets that at this point in his career. In the end it’s up to the players for pretty much all of it in my opinion. If you need a coach to be motivated at this level the front office made a huge mistake with you.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an outsider opinion but I think people are way too quick to dismiss other influences in this particular case. If Lebron doesn’t want you then you aren’t there. Not even saying that is bad, he gets that at this point in his career. In the end it’s up to the players for pretty much all of it in my opinion. If you need a coach to be motivated at this level the front office made a huge mistake with you.

Some of it just assumed to be at Ham as well.

Like with AD's comment about not knowing what they're doing sometimes...I'm sorry, but if you're an NBA player who has the experience of Lebron and AD and you don't know what you're supposed to do late in a close game...that's on you.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like with AD's comment about not knowing what they're doing sometimes...I'm sorry, but if you're an NBA player who has the experience of Lebron and AD and you don't know what you're supposed to do late in a close game...that's on you.
Continue to gloss over the fact Ham stands there like he is Phil fucking Jackson when teams rally and he doesn't call a damn timeout.

That is inexcusable for a HC.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly I thought that was idle whining, and I hate that because he showed signs of maybe developing a little fire this season.