• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 2) Nuggets vs 7) Lakers

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a way to try to control the clock.

Trying to burn clock similar to an NFL team going run heavy in the 2nd half to preserve a lead.

The problem is that the offense becomes predictable because it becomes a lot of Lebron/AD pick and rolls. That's fine when it works, but it also leads to rushed shots up against the 24 second clock.

My guess is that is how Lebron wants to play it. Problem is...he can't just make plays and score anyway when the pick and roll is taken away like he used to.
Yeah, it’s not working.

They go balls to the wall in the 1st half and get a pretty substantial lead.

But inexplicably go away from what was working in the 2nd half.

Maybe Lebron wants it that way because he’s gassed?

He can’t get any real rest because most of the others are leaking oil 45 of the 48 minutes per game.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My speculation doesn't cover DRuss showing-up this series and most of the year. Maybe he was given the green light and Vincent not. But Vincent was gone most of the year. Something is def up that can explain all of this bizarre shit that causes the Lakers to just disappear in the Second half of games especially against the Nuggets!

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My speculation doesn't cover DRuss showing-up this series and most of the year. Maybe he was given the green light and Vincent not. But Vincent was gone most of the year. Something is def up that can explain all of this bizarre shit that causes the Lakers to just disappear in the Second half of games especially against the Nuggets!
I’ll explain a bunch of it, the Nuggets are a damn good basketball team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I wanted Ham fired because he had lost the locker room if not only for a stretch and there was an obvious covert rift going on that didn't appear to have a resolution resulting in a lot of losing.

What resulted in a lot of losing was guys weren't playing well, especially Reaves and D-Lo. That's why they were benched. They seemed to get the message because when he put them back in, they played better and the Lakers started winning.

I'll grant though, that he probably was a little slow returning them to starting.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I wanted Ham fired because he had lost the locker room if not only for a stretch and there was an obvious covert rift going on that didn't appear to have a resolution resulting in a lot of losing.
I don’t think the rift is very covert at the moment.

Not sure Davis’ statement can be seen as anything other than a swipe at Ham.

Not knowing what you are doing on either end of the court points to a lack of preparation.

That points directly at the Coach…imo

This isn’t a roster full of knuckleheads that don’t give a shit about winning.

It’s a coaching issue one way or another.

Scheme, preparation, lack of confidence, lost locker room…

Doesn’t matter which it is at this point.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the rift is very covert at the moment.

Not sure Davis’ statement can be seen as anything other than a swipe at Ham.

Not knowing what you are doing on either end of the court points to a lack of preparation.

That points directly at the Coach…imo

This isn’t a roster full of knuckleheads that don’t give a shit about winning.

It’s a coaching issue one way or another.

Scheme, preparation, lack of confidence, lost locker room…

Doesn’t matter which it is at this point.
Yeah....it's not that hard to see.

Against a really good team like the Nuggets you have to be ready to go. And it's clear something is up late in the game when these leads disappear.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he will be fired if the Lakers lose in the 1st round.

Despite the recent speculation he would return next season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree TJF12. DRuss showed-up this time for this series but what has happened to Hachimura and Reaves?? Total no-shows. Who are they afraid of? Is it that they don't want to offend James' opinion?? IS that even an issue?? Just mind boggling!! Is it any wonder that these three were mentioned as trade fodder earlier in the season!!

Nah, they actually played well last year. Maybe the Nuggets are doing something different that is limiting them...but I'm not sure what as a lot of the shots they are missing are open looks.

Just have to knock them down. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately) they have at least 2 more games to figure something out.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, TJF12. Spitballing speculation can have a lot of fallacy woven in for sure.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on TJF12. I sort of figured that Ham is doing one thing and James is doing something else on the floor that leads to these colossal collapses against the Nuggets dating back to the WCF last year. I am not sure there is now a remedy in the present configuration of coach and player(s).

I don't think it was as blatant at that. I think it's more that Lebron wants to play it like that and Ham is trusting him. Lebron with the ball late has won teams a lot of games.

Playing like that can and does work and it helps preserve Lebron, but the ball needs to move more.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, sure. The ball def needs to move more but why are the Lakers abandoning what got them those big leads even if the Nuggets make adjustments? Can't the Lakers go back to pounding it down low to AD in the Third and Fourth Quarters which was working all night long last evening??!!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans can only hope the old adage is right.

Role players play better at home.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either Reaves (if he continues to start) or Hach have to show up.
And the Bench, besides Prince, need to score baskets when they are in there. Not just play defense and then do nothing on offense.