• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 2) Nuggets vs 7) Lakers

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why is he the coach?
If I had to guess….

Lakers don’t want to cede that kind of power to Klutch. It’s already the perception of some that they practically run the Organization.

The Lakers have been pushing back on that perception a lot over the last 2 years…imo

Or

Money.

In comparison to some of the other Pro Owners, the Lakers are a Mom and Pop Organization in terms of liquid assets.

The Clippers are a toy for Ballmer.

The Lakers are the primary source of income for the Buss family.

They don’t want to be paying multiple coaches to stay home and watch League pass.

Hams deal is NOT Monty Williams level fuckery.

But if you look at the history of their last 5 coaches, how many have actually fulfilled their contracts before getting the boot?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be clear, I don’t think the Lakers are saying they lost the game bc of that call obviously they just want some accountability from the officials, which is reasonable. I actually don’t mind this bc we saw some awful calls last night after looking at replay. It happened in the 3rd quarter, it didn’t affect the outcome.

It is pretty atrocious, two plays last night were overturned by officials on replay. Both were clear fouls. Lowry play and Dlo play. To look at it on replay and reverse it is awful. The officials are basically saying if a shooter releases the ball then gets in the face after he releases it, not a foul.

Enough about the shitty officials.

Lets just appreciate a 39 year old competiting at the highest level with arguably the most talented team in the league and some great players in their prime. Most guys this age are sitting on the couch. Truly amazing.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep DJ. But the Lakers have not addressed the issue of Murray who made a tough shot when it counted. We still don't know how to defend the long ball and it has been killing us all season. AGAIN, the crux of this issue is why the Lakers forget how to play basketball against the Nuggets in the Second Half of games?? Why do they go away from what got them a 20-point bulge last evening and also in Game 1 when they were up by 14 going into the Fourth??!!

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I posted later that the link I clicked on earlier took some 'liberty' naming the title of their story. They got me. :doh:
The link I clicked made it seem that way too.

I guess that’s why they call it “ click bait “…lol

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. If the Lakers don't address these issues for Game 3 & 4, it will be a sweep for sure and the Lakers will go into the summer disgraced!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah LeBron focusing on the wrong thing. Shitty reversal but you had a 20 pt halftime lead and scored like 15 points from the 7 min mark of the 3rd through midway of the 4th.

They said the call was overturned because the contact came after he released the ball. Which it did.

Right or wrong, they didn't lose because of that call. They lost because they blew a 20 point 2nd half lead.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep DJ. But the Lakers have not addressed the issue of Murray who made a tough shot when it counted. We still don't know how to defend the long ball and it has been killing us all season. AGAIN, the crux of this issue is why the Lakers forget how to play basketball against the Nuggets in the Second Half of games?? Why do they go away from what got them a 20-point bulge last evening and also in Game 1 when they were up by 14 going into the Fourth??!!
I think that the top guys are just gassed and the role players aren’t doing enough with their court time to preserve the leads.

Lebron and AD are having to put in max effort on both ends of the court.

The others need to do….SOMETHING.

Dlo redeemed himself.

But you need at least 3 of the others to be productive , IN THE SAME GAME, to beat these Nugz.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is it was likely at least partially his decision to begin with
Absolutely.

I’m sure Lebron was totally onboard.

I think it’s kinda clear that although he was definitely a factor in the Bucks success, he wasn’t as large a factor as they initially believed.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last 10 losses to Denver....I think LA had a fairly good sized lead in at least 4 or 5 those.

#Coachingmatters

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t see how the Lakers can give a better overall effort than they did last night.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the top guys are just gassed and the role players aren’t doing enough with their court time to preserve the leads.

Lebron and AD are having to put in max effort on both ends of the court.

The others need to do….SOMETHING.

Dlo redeemed himself.

But you need at least 3 of the others to be productive , IN THE SAME GAME, to beat these Nugz.

It's like I said yesterday, the stars have pretty well cancelled each other out. The Nuggets others have outplayed the Lakers others. As you said...D-Lo showed up...but Reaves and Rui haven't provided much in the 1st two games. If at least 1 of them plays well, this series is 1-1 at worst.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the next few games are in Los Angeles. Maybe homecourt will help.

Maybe not.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like I said yesterday, the stars have pretty well cancelled each other out. The Nuggets others have outplayed the Lakers others. As you said...D-Lo showed up...but Reaves and Rui haven't provided much in the 1st two games. If at least 1 of them plays well, this series is 1-1 at worst.
Yeah.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the next few games are in Los Angeles. Maybe homecourt will help.

Maybe not.
At times last night, it sounded like you were playing at home.

Lakers fans are like a fucking ant farm.

Y’all just keep coming from every direction.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree TJF12. DRuss showed-up this time for this series but what has happened to Hachimura and Reaves?? Total no-shows. Who are they afraid of? Is it that they don't want to offend James' opinion?? IS that even an issue?? Just mind boggling!! Is it any wonder that these three were mentioned as trade fodder earlier in the season!!

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vincent too, if he’s going to get minutes over Dinwiddie.

Yes, he’s a better defender.

But, he can’t put up a goose egg on offense.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree TJF12. DRuss showed-up this time for this series but what has happened to Hachimura and Reaves?? Total no-shows. Who are they afraid of? Is it that they don't want to offend James' opinion?? IS that even an issue?? Just mind boggling!! Is it any wonder that these three were mentioned as trade fodder earlier in the season!!
The highlighted is unacceptable and is the real reason you lost.

The game wasn’t decided on a blown call by the refs.

This was a slow death by attrition.

IMG_1192.jpeg

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And When Dinwiddie was in there, does he put up baskets?? Nope. Did little last evening. Same goes for Hayes. We have a host of bench players that only play defense and seem to not understand that ya have to contribute to the score on OFFENSE as well!!

There is a host of what-if scenarios here. If James would have made just two of the LAY-UPS he missed, the Lakers win. If Reaves and Hachimura would have scored just two buckets more each, the Lakers would have won.

Blah, Blah, Blah!! And on it goes!!