• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st round 2) Knicks vs 7) Sixers

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you definitely need a new GM after this season. Morey totally failed.
Not necessarily.

He's been kind of hamstrung from their salary cap (Tobias contract).
We all liked the Hield trade at the time, but it's clear it just didn't pan out.

And we all didn't want to take on unnecessary money/longer contracts to have all this money available in FA this off season.
Might be the only thing that is keeping Embiid here.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily.

He's been kind of hamstrung from their salary cap (Tobias contract).
We all liked the Hield trade at the time, but it's clear it just didn't pan out.

And we all didn't want to take on unnecessary money/longer contracts to have all this money available in FA this off season.
Might be the only thing that is keeping Embiid here.
“Morey failed”
- Morey didn’t re-up with Harden and it pissed him off: this was a great move for the Sixers
- Not much happened at this deadline. OG Anunoby went for an offer the Sixers couldn’t compete with because they didn’t have young players for deal like Quickley or Barrett.
- Morey stock piled picks and cleared cap for this summer.

The opinion that Morey fucked this up is insane.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to get off Embid He has to carry too much of the load. Great player.

Maxey is developing. Can they make one more run with those two in the mix and pull off a miracle trade ? I don’t know.

But this year is going to be a milestone year for decisions

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to get off Embid He has to carry too much of the load. Great player.

Maxey is developing. Can they make one more run with those two in the mix and pull off a miracle trade ? I don’t know.

But this year is going to be a milestone year for decisions
I don't want Paul George.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You willing to give up future picks ?
He's a FA, isn't he?

Or were you referring to somebody else?

Obviously depends on the player, but yes, I would give up picks to get the right player(s).
Would love to get a Lauri Markkanen type player with Embiid and Maxey.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a FA, isn't he?

Or were you referring to somebody else?

Obviously depends on the player, but yes, I would give up picks to get the right player(s).
Would love to get a Lauri Markkanen type player with Embiid and Maxey.
Throw as many firsts as it takes to land Mikal Bridges at the Nets and then round out the rest of the roster.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What fucked them was Simmons becoming the world's biggest bitch.

If you have prime Ben and Maxey that's a lot to deal with.

If I was a sixers fan I'd hate that man so much
I do, but Fultz over Tatum destoys our chance to win it all.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“The Sixers need to trade Barkley and rebuild if they want to ever win a championship”
- Barkley traded. Ugly basketball ensues. No championship.

“The Sixers need to trade Iverson and rebuild if they ever want to win a championship”
- Iverson traded. Ugly basketball ensues. No championship.

“The Sixers need to trade Embiid and rebuild if they ever want to win a championship.”

I’ve seen all of this play out many times before.
Don't forget the ugly basketball between Iverson and Embiid.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fultz was a bad pick.

Simmons was not.

He was one of the most valuable assets in the league for the first few years he was in Philly. Anyone saying they should have drafted Ingram over Simmons is not right.

Philly’s huge mistake was in not trading Ben Simmons. They should have known what they had in him. And they kept trying to make it work until they ultimately grew tired and then all the public drama which completely cratered his value.

Obviously Ingram is the better player today, but really not much more than a younger, slightly better Tobias Harris. They could have gotten more mileage out of the Simmons asset if they had the foresight to sell high at any time in his first 4-5 seasons.
Right, but the league put a shithead in charge of our team to crater it and he did. He's still alive too because no one really cares about the NBA.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers were never getting Tatum
Of course they were never getting the best player. They weren't supposed to. They were supposed to be sabotaged by brian colangelo and his piece of shit father.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they were never getting the best player. They weren't supposed to. They were supposed to be sabotaged by brian colangelo and his piece of shit father.
No. If the Sixers had Tatum interest the Celtics never make the trade. They stay put at 1 and take Tatum. Sixers were never getting Tatum. 0 percent chance and that has nothing to do with Sixers or Colangelo.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. If the Sixers had Tatum interest the Celtics never make the trade. They stay put at 1 and take Tatum. Sixers were never getting Tatum. 0 percent chance and that has nothing to do with Sixers or Colangelo.

Iirc Tatum had one of the widest ranges of opinions in that class

Actually, so did jaylen brown

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Colangelo schemed up how to give the Celtic's extra resources and ruin the Sixers war chest that Hinkie had built. Just like he was supposed to.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Colangelo schemed up how to give the Celtic's extra resources and ruin the Sixers war chest that Hinkie had built. Just like he was supposed to.
That’s a fair criticism the trade up.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Morey failed”
- Morey didn’t re-up with Harden and it pissed him off: this was a great move for the Sixers
- Not much happened at this deadline. OG Anunoby went for an offer the Sixers couldn’t compete with because they didn’t have young players for deal like Quickley or Barrett.
- Morey stock piled picks and cleared cap for this summer.

The opinion that Morey fucked this up is insane.
You forgot the part where he turned the Sixers into Rockets East for a bit there with PJ Tucker and as many pieces of the Rockets as he could get.

But yes, he inherited the Ben Simmons mess from his predecessor who was unwilling to see the elephant in the room and deal Ben Simmons before his value plunged.

Once his decision to bring in Harden flopped, he did a decent job of dealing Harden and getting something in return. But he's still not whom I trust building a team with draft assets.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot the part where he turned the Sixers into Rockets East for a bit there with PJ Tucker and as many pieces of the Rockets as he could get.
You mean when he had to fix the squad and only had the two exceptions available to him? That was last off season not this off season.
But yes, he inherited the Ben Simmons mess from his predecessor who was unwilling to see the elephant in the room and deal Ben Simmons before his value plunged.
And Al Horford and Tobias Harris. When he got here those three players were 87% of the cap.
Once his decision to bring in Harden flopped, he did a decent job of dealing Harden and getting something in return. But he's still not whom I trust building a team with draft assets.
Cool. Cause I have no respect for any NBA opinion you maintain.

Again…pick another name. Pick another GM that’s going to have the magic. Who are you hiring when you fire Morey.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what GM I would hire to be honest, it is a tough assignment because you have high expectations.

I think Colangelo was the GM who really screwed the situation up the most, but Hinkie, Colangelo and Morey all share some blame in the eventual failure of the process.