• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st round 2) Knicks vs 7) Sixers

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are too focused on the team and not the team that was down 2-0. That’s the kind of nba conspiracy theory that rings true.
It's hard not to wonder if after the Sixers got screwed by officials in game 2 they weren't told to give them a break in game 3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Joel Embiid has Bells Palsy isn’t the most fucking Sixers story I don’t know what is. This dude’s career has been the ten plagues of Egypt. Locusts gonna start coming out of his ass or some shit.
@Wamu i did see that about Jo. Haha fucking crazy this guy’s curse

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Embiid play 41 minutes and only grab eight rebounds? What a slacker!
He has no lift. Especially in the 2nd half of games. Some aspects of his game he still has. (Obviously, he scored 50 last night). But anything that requires explosiveness - drives, jab steps, rebounding, shot blocking, he’s probably about 50% of what he is.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has no lift. Especially in the 2nd half of games. Some aspects of his game he still has. (Obviously, he scored 50 last night). But anything that requires explosiveness - drives, jab steps, rebounding, shot blocking, he’s probably about 50% of what he is.
Which makes it hard to see them going very far into the playoffs even if they win this series...just sucks when that much talent can't stay healthy

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
->He has no lift.<- Especially in the 2nd half of games. Some aspects of his game he still has. (Obviously, he scored 50 last night). But anything that requires explosiveness - drives, jab steps, rebounding, shot blocking, he’s probably about 50% of what he is.

I noticed that as well. Isn't he supposed to play for Team USA this summer? He might wanna rethink that so he can get back to 100%.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard not to wonder if after the Sixers got screwed by officials in game 2 they weren't told to give them a break in game 3
The NBA is so predictable. The only thing that was off brand was they didn’t send Foster to do it. He had Game 1 of the series I guess so they couldn’t do it again in Game 3. It’s a shame because Zarba isn’t that bad. They signed him up for Fuckery shit. I called the shot yesterday that Embiid would go to the line 20 times.

If these two teams are given a FAIR whistle, the Sixers are the better team. I hope there isn’t a pendulum swing again with them trying to create “fairness” by trading back and forth slanted bull shit. Brunson just grifts all game long.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which makes it hard to see them going very far into the playoffs even if they win this series...just sucks when that much talent can't stay healthy
We will see. Even with Embiid hurt there’s only 1 team that I think is a no brainer to beat them in a series. Unfortunately, it’s the Celtics.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is so predictable. The only thing that was off brand was they didn’t send Foster to do it. He had Game 1 of the series I guess so they couldn’t do it again in Game 3. It’s a shame because Zarba isn’t that bad. They signed him up for Fuckery shit. I called the shot yesterday that Embiid would go to the line 20 times.

If these two teams are given a FAIR whistle, the Sixers are the better team. I hope there isn’t a pendulum swing again with them trying to create “fairness” by trading back and forth slanted bull shit. Brunson just grifts all game long.
It's that predictable? Who's gonna win the title?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that as well. Isn't he supposed to play for Team USA this summer? He might wanna rethink that so he can get back to 100%.
Yeah, I’m anti Jo playing in the Olympics.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see. Even with Embiid hurt there’s only 1 team that I think is a no brainer to beat them in a series. Unfortunately, it’s the Celtics.
Denver? Minnesota? But yeah the East is mostly not it this year

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. I didn’t know you were in a semantics mood today. Let me clean it up, Nancy.

“The NBA is so predictable in the way they deal with the bull shit created by their officiating.”

I guess I should have typed that which was understood as it was the FOCUS of the fucking comment on predictability. In the end, you have to make sure that you’re clear because one should always expect misplaced assumptions to creep up at every turn.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. I didn’t know you were in a semantics mood today. Let me clean it up, Nancy.

“The NBA is so predictable in the way they deal with the bull shit created by their officiating.”

I guess I should have typed that which was understood as it was the FOCUS of the fucking comment on predictability. In the end, you have to make sure that you’re clear because one should always expect misplaced assumptions to creep up at every turn.
OK that was a little pedantic of me. So do you think the mistakes from game 2 were planned or just mistakes that they decided to make up for in game 3?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Been that way since at laast that lakers kings series

They fucked up game 5 so they made sure the lakers win game 6

That series always should’ve gone 7, but the sequence was wrong

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK that was a little pedantic of me. So do you think the mistakes from game 2 were planned or just mistakes that they decided to make up for in game 3?
Not planned at all. I think the simplest explanation for most things is likely the real truth. It’s the fucking Mecca haha. It’s intimidating to be an NBA official dealing with a crowd. A NY playoff crowd takes that to another level. We see athletes in big spots pucker with performance. That crew got intimidated that night. They weren’t whistling shit. It wasn’t on purpose. It just happened.

I think the response in game 3 was pre determined though and that’s why I (successfully) called that Embiid would get 20 FTs. They just made an easy adjustment. Everybody gets a playoff whistle except for Joel Embiid who got his regular season whistle. Everything whistled was a foul. But in the playoffs (in some series and that’s this one) there’s a foul on every trip. Most are let go. And you can see why. Game flow was choppy last night. Replays of dirty plays. Embiid to the line 21 times. Brunson to the line 13 times.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not planned at all. I think the simplest explanation for most things is likely the real truth. It’s the fucking Mecca haha. It’s intimidating to be an NBA official dealing with a crowd. A NY playoff crowd takes that to another level. We see athletes in big spots pucker with performance. That crew got intimidated that night. They weren’t whistling shit. It wasn’t on purpose. It just happened.

I think the response in game 3 was pre determined though and that’s why I (successfully) called that Embiid would get 20 FTs. They just made an easy adjustment. Everybody gets a playoff whistle except for Joel Embiid who got his regular season whistle. Everything whistled was a foul. But in the playoffs (in some series and that’s this one) there’s a foul on every trip. Most are let go. And you can see why. Game flow was choppy last night. Replays of dirty plays. Embiid to the line 21 times. Brunson to the line 13 times.

Brunson didn’t get a playoff whistle

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as it's not the Celtics.....

Ill Just Leave Tony Hale GIF

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brunson didn’t get a playoff whistle
Unfortunately, that’s his playoff whistle. I don’t get it. They’ve let him grift like Trae Young.