• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st round 2) Knicks vs 7) Sixers

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re not wrong. I agree. And there are things I said last night. Lowry, Maxey, Nurse…all things they did we can nitpick.

But all of this deflects from the biggest thing that happened. There were 3 fucking layers on the same play in the hands of a 3 man officiating crew where if they just make the right call on one of the three the outcome is likely dramatically different. Any discussion of well this guy could have done this etc…
I mean, on some maybe...but grant the TO and Philly wins you may just have the other side complaining the TO was granted without really knowing who had control of the ball.

and, yes, I saw it live and a few replays. Still shot can make it seem like TO should have been called. But maybe not in real time which is all that matters.

If it happened to my team might I be upset? Maybe....but really the calls that get to me are the ones where there is no chance to overcome them and that was not the case here.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything short of nba officials granting the Sixers a win is going to be evidence of fuckery in my eyes.

There isn’t a real fan of a team that wouldn’t have the same reaction I’m having over this unprofessional nonsense. This report says that on the same play the officials fucked up 3 things! Best league in the world? People have a right to expect better.
I can agree many fans would complain if this was their team and some of it warranted.....only area I completely disagree was the notion it was some kind of fix so the series would go longer. That's kooky talk.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally some good news

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think they missed that push....saw it live and seen the TO call a few times and, sure, in a still frame looks like they missed it but in real time understandable why not granted.

But as is often the case still could have overcome those calls if they made a play themselves.....like get a rebond, make a shot, get a stop, etc.

Sadly bad or missed calls have been happening way too often. But it always stings a little more when it's your team.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly bad or missed calls have been happening way too often. But it always stings a little more when it's your team.
And when they determine the outcome

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely hate seeing that kinda nonsense happen. It should be unacceptable.
It’s the human element of sports. Sixers in 6

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the human element of sports. Sixers in 6

No doubt about that. I think your 76ers will take care of business in game three and wouldn't be surprised if the series is even after four.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about that. I think your 76ers will take care of business in game three and wouldn't be surprised if the series is even after four.
Neither would I but it’s the Sixers. I’m just projecting confidence in a fake it til you make it kind of way. I still root for Joel Embiid. Dude had knee surgery and yet now he is ultra sensitive to light and he’s blinking a whole fucking lot so I’m just bracing for the early on set dementia diagnosis that’s coming our way soon.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither would I but it’s the Sixers. I’m just projecting confidence in a fake it til you make it kind of way. I still root for Joel Embiid. Dude had knee surgery and yet now he is ultra sensitive to light and he’s blinking a whole fucking lot so I’m just bracing for the early on set dementia diagnosis that’s coming our way soon.

Embiid's a tough SOB, I mean that in a good way. Just wish he could stay healthier. Like I said before hate seeing injuries no matter who they play for. And it's always worse for us fans and the league when a superstar isn't 100% during the most important time of the season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid's a tough SOB, I mean that in a good way. Just wish he could stay healthier. Like I said before hate seeing injuries no matter who they play for. And it's always worse for us fans and the league when a superstar isn't 100% during the most important time of the season.
I’ll add “ just once”. I’m only asking for one time seeing what this shit looks like with him 100%

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when they determine the outcome
sucks but all missed calls determine the outcome. Not just the ones that happen late. That said, still had many chances to not let it determine the outcome (like get the rebound) or could have scored or stopped them from scoring to make the call not matter.

Now will say there are some that decide the game and there is no way to overcome them.

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sucks but all missed calls determine the outcome. Not just the ones that happen late. That said, still had many chances to not let it determine the outcome (like get the rebound) or could have scored or stopped them from scoring to make the call not matter.

Now will say there are some that decide the game and there is no way to overcome them.
Cool. The officials determined the outcome of Monday night’s game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. The officials determined the outcome of Monday night’s game.
cool...could have gotten a rebound, made a stop or gotten a score. So it's almost like the Philly players determined the outcome (and NY).

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool...could have gotten a rebound, made a stop or gotten a score. So it's almost like the Philly players determined the outcome (and NY).
The officials and not the Sixers or the Knicks determined the outcome.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officials and not the Sixers or the Knicks determined the outcome.
If that makes you feel better I guess keep spewing it.....but Hartenstein grabbing a rebound and getting a late block, Divincenzo hitting a clutch 3 and of course Embiid missing a final shot helped decide the outcome.

Maybe you didn't watch?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that makes you feel better I guess keep spewing it.....but Hartenstein grabbing a rebound and getting a late block, Divincenzo hitting a clutch 3 and of course Embiid missing a final shot helped decide the outcome.

Maybe you didn't watch?
You have to admit what happened was beyond ridiculous.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that makes you feel better I guess keep spewing it.....but Hartenstein grabbing a rebound
Play shouldn’t have even existed because officials fucked up 3 potential calls on one play. Officials determined the outcome.
and getting a late block,
Play shouldn’t have even existed because officials fucked up 3 potential calls on one play. Officials determined the outcome.
Divincenzo hitting a clutch 3
and of course Embiid missing a final shot helped decide the outcome.
Maybe you didn't watch?
Maybe you have autism

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn’t though. RainMan is dug in. He has made an ancillary point and now this thread will take a break for the next page as I keep his autism on the line because he needs to have the last word. I’ve been playing this game with him for the better part of 10 years on 2 different websites and he never learns.

I’m fucking telling him point blank exactly what’s happening and you watch…he will have to make it known that the players determined the outcome and not the officials.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they missed a push in the back but in real time not granting the TO was not so terrible.

But, sure, even if one thinks it was awful, beyond ridiculous, etc. you'd also have to admit Philly could have made some plays and made the calls not matter.....or NY made some plays to make sure they mattered.