• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1ST QTR...Grades

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B+ .... Biggest concern coming in was our O-line, and it's looked way better than expected, and that's vs some good defensive fronts... We've only given up half the sacks we did last year at this point... Also our D has been legit, good test for our D vs the Falcons coming up at the Clink after the bye...

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I talk about 1st Q grades without having to talk about the 4th quarter? Because that's when the Chargers make me want to break stuff.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a little early to be "fed up" with people not fully believing in the Eagles. I'm sure you are pleasantly surprised yourself.

Give them credit where credit is due... There is a big difference between them not being given any credit, and believing the Eagles will be able to keep it up for the season... especially when looking at the double standard applied.

Yes, I am pleasantly surprised the Eagles are this good so far. And I would be stunned if they could keep it up, or something close to it.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we I give my Cowboys a B-
Dak looks like a qb for the future Zeke is starting to come around nicely the OL is good but we need some more quality backup
Defense is playing above their pay grade at times and some poor draft picks have hurt us early with suspension others by injury. Still they are playing well at times .

next 4 games will give us a tell of the tape

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-1 for the first time in over a decade is pretty sweet, but I'd have to give my Rams a solid C. The defense and special teams have been good (stellar when needed) but the offense really drags down the overall grade.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right about: Broncos. Good defenses keep you in games. As long as you tell the QB you're starting, "Don't do stupid shit" you have a chance assuming you have a good defense. The decision to cut Mr Butt Fumble dramatically increased my prediction of success.

x2 Right about: Panthers. Super Bowl hangover teams generally do not do well. I think Seattle's 06' team was one of the few to return to the playoffs following a SBOWL loss, only to be completely TERRIBLE after that season. The Panthers are a good team, but the mental stability of Newton is a big question mark and personally I think the team just had a perfect coming of storm last season. I don't want to say they got lucky but I think the Panthers were HORRIBLY overrated last season. Keuchley and Short are it on defense IMO. The secondary blows now (I don't get WTF happened with Norman, but IMO it was clearly a fumble by the Panther's FO), and Newton is probably the most overrated QB of last season. People were picking this guy top 12 in fantasy? The fuck!?

Wrong about: Rams. If someone would've told me the Rams would be leading the division after week 4 I would've recommended a psychiatric evaluation.

x2 Wrong about: Eagles. I am 100% convinced Goff is a bust. I also called Wentz a bust but to a lesser degree, which would make me wrong since the first time in...... jeez. Rothelisberger? It's been a long time since I called a QB a bust and was wrong. There's a LOT of games to be played, but I did not expect the Eagles to do anything this year.

Least that's my stance through week 4. If Wentz busts I'm still golden =D

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong about: Rams. If someone would've told me the Rams would be leading the division after week 4 I would've recommended a psychiatric evaluation.

I actually checked the Bible to see if this was a sign of the end of days.....

Seriously, I thought with the relocation of the team, there would be some adjustment issues with their new digs. Then again, it is the first leg of the race to the post season. Let's see where they stand after game 12 or so.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta give the Vikes at least an A- for the first quarter. After losing Teddy and AD I didn't think this team had much chance but the defense has been all kinds of nice and as long as we keep Bradford standing we got a shot.

I honestly wasn't right about much, I thought the Raiders, Chiefs, Rams and Bengals would all be good this year, the Rams and Raiders are 3 - 1 but the Raiders won't keep outscoring everyone and the Rams defense has had 2 good games 2 bad games and they still have Fisher. The Chiefs and Bengals look pretty average so far.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-1 for the first time in over a decade is pretty sweet, but I'd have to give my Rams a solid C. The defense and special teams have been good (stellar when needed) but the offense really drags down the overall grade.

Just on the results alone I think B+, but if I'd watched all 4 games I might temper that as well...still C?

The next 4 will start to define teams a lot more....imo in the NFL you kinda are what your record says you are after 8 games but great start in LA.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right about: Broncos. Good defenses keep you in games. As long as you tell the QB you're starting, "Don't do stupid shit" you have a chance assuming you have a good defense. The decision to cut Mr Butt Fumble dramatically increased my prediction of success.

x2 Right about: Panthers. Super Bowl hangover teams generally do not do well. I think Seattle's 06' team was one of the few to return to the playoffs following a SBOWL loss, only to be completely TERRIBLE after that season. The Panthers are a good team, but the mental stability of Newton is a big question mark and personally I think the team just had a perfect coming of storm last season. I don't want to say they got lucky but I think the Panthers were HORRIBLY overrated last season. Keuchley and Short are it on defense IMO. The secondary blows now (I don't get WTF happened with Norman, but IMO it was clearly a fumble by the Panther's FO), and Newton is probably the most overrated QB of last season. People were picking this guy top 12 in fantasy? The fuck!?

x2 Wrong about: Eagles. I am 100% convinced Goff is a bust. I also called Wentz a bust but to a lesser degree, which would make me wrong since the first time in...... jeez. Rothelisberger? It's been a long time since I called a QB a bust and was wrong. There's a LOT of games to be played, but I did not expect the Eagles to do anything this year.

Least that's my stance through week 4. If Wentz busts I'm still golden =D

Honestly I'de never seen either QB play, so I had no perspective on either aside from the media hype but so far Wentz looks like an NFL QB. I had seen Lynch play and thought he had the tools to be a legit NFL starter.

I was wrong about the Rams too.

CAR...I was right there as well...they played over their heads LY. Especially the OL, until they got exposed in the SB. The DEF is more than Short and Keuchley. Not stars, but Delaire, Lotulelei are solid players. They also got career years from S Coleman , and CB Norman. Thomas Davis and Charles Johnson are solid as well but aging. They had nowhere to go but down, this was an easy one to predict.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'de never seen either QB play, so I had no perspective on either aside from the media hype but so far Wentz looks like an NFL QB. I had seen Lynch play and thought he had the tools to be a legit NFL starter.

I was wrong about the Rams too.

CAR...I was right there as well...they played over their heads LY. Especially the OL, until they got exposed in the SB. The DEF is more than Short and Keuchley. Not stars, but Delaire, Lotulelei are solid players. They also got career years from S Coleman , and CB Norman. Thomas Davis and Charles Johnson are solid as well but aging. They had nowhere to go but down, this was an easy one to predict.

Was anybody right about the Rams? I didn't even see many Rams fans thinking they would have a good season especially after watching the preseason and the #1 overall pick being designated as 3rd string.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was anybody right about the Rams? I didn't even see many Rams fans thinking they would have a good season especially after watching the preseason and the #1 overall pick being designated as 3rd string.

In terms of early success...no probably not.

I still think Fisher has a pretty low ceiling in terms of OFC production, but maybe they got it right on extending him....at least it looks good now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of early success...no probably not.

I still think Fisher has a pretty low ceiling in terms of OFC production, but maybe they got it right on extending him....at least it looks good now.

Which is funny because a lot of people thought he might get fired week 1 after that 28-0 beat down or whatever it was. Yeah I'm not a Fisher fan and not sure many other than the Rams owner is actually a Fisher fan. The guy hasn't had a winning season in forever and his teams have been thought to be very talented yet have constantly underperformed. I have bought into the hype in the past that they would put it all together to then once again see them have a losing season. So right now honestly it wouldn't shock me to see them collapse as the season progresses. They have always played divisional opponents tough so it didn't shock me to see them beat the Cardinals and Seahawks. Out of their division though has been down right terrible most years. So this week will go a long way in just showing whether they have staying power or will quickly just disappear back into another 7-9 type season.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every year I think the rams are going to be good they turn into the mediocre team we have seen. I will wait for the dust to settle before I consider them a good team. They always find a way to mess with me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year I think the rams are going to be good they turn into the mediocre team we have seen. I will wait for the dust to settle before I consider them a good team. They always find a way to mess with me.

Oh I agree. Which is why I said winning against divisional opponents is nothing new for them. I have no clue how they do it but they always do well against NFC West opponents. Then against anybody else they find ways to lose in ridiculous fashion. I mean it seems like a week to week thing of whether Fisher should be fired on the spot after they get blown out against an average team. Then somehow he plays against the Seahawks the next week and wins and his job is safe for another couple of weeks. Never seen anything like it in the league.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think stats mean a whole lot more after about 6-8 games than they do after 4, but 30th in points scored is probably not going to yield much more than 8 wins.

Granted, the goose egg in week one really skews that stat, but Fisher has rarely had a really good OFC...he seems to take pride in winning ugly, gritty type games which is good, but they need to get up around 20 pts a game I think.

The schedule sets up good for them to thru week 11, so if they can handle their business in those games...who knows, maybe the Rams will hang around, but NO, NE, ATL, are higher scoring teams out of DIV.

We shall see.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just on the results alone I think B+, but if I'd watched all 4 games I might temper that as well...still C?

The next 4 will start to define teams a lot more....imo in the NFL you kinda are what your record says you are after 8 games but great start in LA.

Trust me... save for the Buccaneers game, the offense hasn't put up anything even remotely close to a B+ effort. As far as I've seen, their grades per game have been F, F, B, D. Outside of one long TD (Brian Quick broke a tackle to take it the distance) the offense couldn't get within a sniff of the redzone on their own. The two times they got there were on a turnover and a long Tavon Austin punt return... and only one of those times resulted in a touchdown. Defense and special teams have been the Rams' savior, as they constantly win the battle of field position.

Upside is, if the receivers continue to catch passes like they have the last couple games, it may loosen up things in the box and finally free up Todd Gurley. With an above average QB, the Bucs and Cardinals games are blowout wins. But Case Keenum is not an above average QB. Until he changes that perception, opponents will be perfectly comfortable putting the game on his shoulders.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me... save for the Buccaneers game, the offense hasn't put up anything even remotely close to a B+ effort. As far as I've seen, their grades per game have been F, F, B, D. Outside of one long TD (Brian Quick broke a tackle to take it the distance) the offense couldn't get within a sniff of the redzone on their own. The two times they got there were on a turnover and a long Tavon Austin punt return... and only one of those times resulted in a touchdown. Defense and special teams have been the Rams' savior, as they constantly win the battle of field position.

Upside is, if the receivers continue to catch passes like they have the last couple games, it may loosen up things in the box and finally free up Todd Gurley. With an above average QB, the Bucs and Cardinals games are blowout wins. But Case Keenum is not an above average QB. Until he changes that perception, opponents will be perfectly comfortable putting the game on his shoulders.

I'm with you...my point on the results was the W/L record relative to expectations.

Even if one hadn't seen 1 Rams game...30th in OFC tells a pretty good story about where team is which is why I said the next 4 will be a strong test for them to sustain this early success.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen anything like it in the league.

Again, going way back to the Seahawks being in the AFC West, Seattle would often get WAAAAY up to play Denver during the Elway years, and would either make those games competitive, and would win their share.

So division games being... problematic, certainly isn't a surprise to me.

I'm sure there's other fans of other teams in other divisions who'd chime in on weird irregularities like that too.