• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st place Sox romp M's, Yanks and O's win...and how good is David Ortiz?

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an individual is known to have done in the past while a member of a particular gang is irrelevant.

The gang culture always dictates that any particular member is capable of homicide. Doesn't mean they'll do it necessarily, but they will if circumstances dictate...as long as they're still involved with that culture.

While you're busy asking why the tiger ate the cute little baby rabbit...People with sense already know the answer...

BECAUSE HE'S A FUCKING TIGER...THAT'S WHY!!!

Another bad analogy. A better one would be to ask why your dog, whom you fed Alpo to every day who slept inside, ate the rabbit, even though you had trained it not to chase or eat rodents and gave it plenty of other things to do with it's free time.

Do you think that if I took 5 gang members from a small town gang, that they would all be equally likely to commit murder? If so do you have any proof of that?

As Ox said yesterday - we're all probably capable of homicide if the situation dictates. You need to shoot someone to save your family's life, do you do it? Probably more likely than if you were just mad at someone.

Why you choose to ignore specific circumstances and just hump the label is beyond me. As I said yesterday, would I be more surprised if choir boy Tebow was charged with murder than gangster Hernandez. Yes. Am I still surprised with Hernandez, yup.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and before you again accuse me of having this opinion only because I'm a Pats fan, let it be known that if Carmello Anthony offs someone for dissing him in a nightclub, I'm going to be pretty fucking surprised.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very glad Freddy Freeman beat Puig for the last All-Star spot.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another bad analogy. A better one would be to ask why your dog, whom you fed Alpo to every day who slept inside, ate the rabbit, even though you had trained it not to chase or eat rodents and gave it plenty of other things to do with it's free time.

Do you think that if I took 5 gang members from a small town gang, that they would all be equally likely to commit murder? If so do you have any proof of that?

As Ox said yesterday - we're all probably capable of homicide if the situation dictates. You need to shoot someone to save your family's life, do you do it? Probably more likely than if you were just mad at someone.

Why you choose to ignore specific circumstances and just hump the label is beyond me. As I said yesterday, would I be more surprised if choir boy Tebow was charged with murder than gangster Hernandez. Yes. Am I still surprised with Hernandez, yup.

Uh, what's bad about it? Explain...instead of just, you know...saying it. Your response about dogs and Alpo uhhh...makes zero sense.

Yes, all 5 are. Again, do you not understand what the gang sub-culture is about, and what people who adopt it are all capable of? Or are you ignorant of the violence inherent within this sub-culture? Violence is a mandatory pre-req to join this sub culture, and people will inevitably become products of their environment, especially if they choose a destructive environment.

You're acting as though this all new, like this culture hasn't existed for decades, and on another level, centuries. The fact that you apparently need this explained to you shows me that you're either stupid, or just playing that way because of who committed this crime and the particular fucking football team he played for.

Ask a random stranger, "A gang member committed a murder today in Cincinnati Ohio, are you surprised?"

You won't, because you know what the answer will be, and you'll continue to ask why the tiger ate the poor little rabbit, and be baffled by the answer.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and before you again accuse me of having this opinion only because I'm a Pats fan, let it be known that if Carmello Anthony offs someone for dissing him in a nightclub, I'm going to be pretty fucking surprised.

Oh yeah...because he has money right?

Another ridiculous position.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, what's bad about it? Explain...instead of just, you know...saying it. Your response about dogs and Alpo uhhh...makes zero sense.

Yes, all 5 are. Again, do you not understand what the gang sub-culture is about, and what people who adopt it are all capable of? Or are you ignorant of the violence inherent within this sub-culture? Violence is a mandatory pre-req to join this sub culture, and people will inevitably become products of their environment, especially if they choose a destructive environment.

You're acting as though this all new, like this culture hasn't existed for decades, and on another level, centuries. The fact that you apparently need this explained to you shows me that you're either stupid, or just playing that way because of who committed this crime and the particular fucking football team he played for.

Ask a random stranger, "A gang member committed a murder today in Cincinnati Ohio, are you surprised?"

You won't, because you know what the answer will be, and you'll continue to ask why the tiger ate the poor little rabbit, and be baffled by the answer.

So according to you - 5 different gang members. All equally homicidal, all equally prone to violence. By extension, according to you all gangs, no matter where located are equally violent. The crips in South Central just as violent and homicidal as the bloods in Charlotte. Gang violence is uniform across the country. I don't suppose you have any studies or statistics to support that, now do you? We both know you don't.

as for the passerby - asking the question in a vacuum is why you lose this argument. If you ask the passer by whether they are surprised that a pro football player who was making millions and had no prior record committed murder, what do you think they'll say? Go ahead and tell the passerby that this guy was in a gang in high school and was still in that gang although he now lives in a mansion 100 miles away.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah...because he has money right?

Another ridiculous position.

Just so I can make sure I have this right. You're not going to be the least bit surprised if it's reported tomorrow that Carmello Anthony committed murder? You would be surprised if Kobe Bryant did, but not Carmello. That's your position?

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So according to you - 5 different gang members. All equally homicidal, all equally prone to violence. By extension, according to you all gangs, no matter where located are equally violent. The crips in South Central just as violent and homicidal as the bloods in Charlotte. Gang violence is uniform across the country. I don't suppose you have any studies or statistics to support that, now do you? We both know you don't.

as for the passerby - asking the question in a vacuum is why you lose this argument. If you ask the passer by whether they are surprised that a pro football player who was making millions and had no prior record committed murder, what do you think they'll say? Go ahead and tell the passerby that this guy was in a gang in high school and was still in that gang although he now lives in a mansion 100 miles away.

Yes...they are. They are all just as capable because the of the culture they have chosen to be a part of.

Pacifists aren't drawn to gang culture. You know why that is?

Of course you do.

Violent people are drawn to gang culture. You know why that is?

Of course you do.

"There were more gang murders in Chicago than there were in St. Louis this year, so the Chicago members are obviously more violent than the St. Louis members"...That's what you're going with?

And it's irrelevant what kind of house the gang member lives in or how much money he's making. He's a gang member with a mansion and a lot of money....Which is why I suppose you'd have no issue hiring Pablo Escobar to watch your house while you're on vacation. Just mention that the person who committed the murder was a gang member, that's all you need to ask, and see if anyone is as "shocked" as you are.

It's why, now that it is known that Hernandez is a gang member, that no one outside of your favorite football team's fanbase is "shocked" that this guy murdered someone.

And of course Robert Kraft...

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so I can make sure I have this right. You're not going to be the least bit surprised if it's reported tomorrow that Carmello Anthony committed murder? You would be surprised if Kobe Bryant did, but not Carmello. That's your position?

No, because I know what Carmello's chosen lifestyle is.

The dude is piece of shit.

Kobe is too, but is far less likely to be involved in something like that because he hasn't chosen an overtly and obvious violence culture to be a part of.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

I mean he was only in majors for 5 weeks out of over 3 months.

Yep.

I love it how hard the media was pushing for him to get in the game, and the fans said nope. That's awesome.

I'd like to see him in the HR derby though. Cuddyer? ehhhh...

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can anyone see my comments?

About Puig being a douche?

Yes.

Although I'd cut the guy some slack on this...He's not exactly up to speed with American baseball or media culture

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...they are. They are all just as capable because the of the culture they have chosen to be a part of.

Pacifists aren't drawn to gang culture. You know why that is?

Of course you do.

Violent people are drawn to gang culture. You know why that is?

Of course you do.

"There were more gang murders in Chicago than there were in St. Louis this year, so the Chicago members are obviously more violent than the St. Louis members"...That's what you're going with?

And it's irrelevant what kind of house the gang member lives in or how much money he's making. He's a gang member with a mansion and a lot of money....Which is why I suppose you'd have no issue hiring Pablo Escobar to watch your house while you're on vacation. Just mention that the person who committed the murder was a gang member, that's all you need to ask, and see if anyone is as "shocked" as you are.

It's why, now that it is known that Hernandez is a gang member, that no one outside of your favorite football team's fanbase is "shocked" that this guy murdered someone.

And of course Robert Kraft...

Before you talk any more out of your ass, you probably should peruse this, which oddly enough, among other things, indicates that there are varying degrees of homicide threat by gangs across the country.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/2011-national-gang-threat-assessment/2011-national-gang-threat-assessment-emerging-trends