• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st place Sox romp M's, Yanks and O's win...and how good is David Ortiz?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the other king felix:

7IP
5H
1ER
2BB
6 K's

ortiz hit his 19th homerun...and not only is the all time home run leader for a DH, he passed harold baines for the most hits all time as a DH

he will be the first DH elected to the HOF

Ortiz already holds marks for the most runs scored, doubles, home runs, extra-base hits and RBIs by a designated hitter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bruins lock up tuuka rask for 8 years 56 mil

i dont like long contracts, especially when subban, the 19 year old super prospect goalie, went pro yesterday and will be in the AHL next year. nice to have him locked in, just dont like the 8 years. those never work out for more than 3-4 years before the guy is moved.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good morning assholes

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing that was never brought up...pure goal scorer nathan horton signing a career killing deal with columbus.

pure goal scorer lmao

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Derek Jeter back Thursday

Updated: July 11, 2013, 7:22 AM ET
ESPN.com news services

Derek Jeter will return to the New York Yankees' lineup on Thursday, FoxSports.com reported late Wednesday night.
Jeter, who has missed the entire season while recovering from a broken ankle suffered in last season's American League Championship Series, will be activated and in the lineup against the Kansas City Royals at either shortstop or designated hitter, the report said.
The 39-year-old played his fourth minor league game with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Wednesday night. However, neither Yankees manager Joe Girardi nor general manager Brian Cashman would confirm an earlier YES Network report that the Yankees plan to call Jeter up on Friday.

"As I've said, we evaluate it every day," Girardi said after the Yankees' 8-1 win over Kansas City. "Let's just see where he's at."
Jeter struggled in the field Wednesday. He made an error on a throw to first in the fifth, bobbled a grounder on a blown force play at second in the third, and failed to get a lead runner at third base on another third-inning grounder.
Afterward, Jeter shrugged off his fielding struggles as just another step in the rehabilitation process.
"I feel good," Jeter said after playing seven innings in the RailRiders' 5-1 loss to Rochester. "There were a lot of different situations that happened, but everything was good."
Jeter broke his ankle on Oct. 13 and had surgery to repair it. He played five spring training games, but a new break was discovered April 18.
Regarding his return to the Yankees, Jeter said Wednesday: "It's not up to me but I'm excited to get the opportunity to get back as soon as I can."
Information from ESPNNewYork.com's Ian Begley and Wallace M

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bruins lock up tuuka rask for 8 years 56 mil

i dont like long contracts, especially when subban, the 19 year old super prospect goalie, went pro yesterday and will be in the AHL next year. nice to have him locked in, just dont like the 8 years. those never work out for more than 3-4 years before the guy is moved.

No NHL team has learned about long - term deals in hockey, which sucks. Glad he is re-signed but yes too long of a deal

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No NHL team has learned about long - term deals in hockey, which sucks. Glad he is re-signed but yes too long of a deal

horton got 7 years

horton...with a glass skull and a bum shoulder, got 7 years

:laugh3:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and in other news the "T" gives out 100% FREE rides to a lot of employees and ex employees and then have the nerve to say there is nothing wrong with that, yet they jack our rates up!

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy crap. really!!

Nathan Horton signs with Blue Jackets for seven seasons - CBSSports.com

Nathan Horton signs with Blue Jackets for seven seasons

The Columbus Blue Jackets had targeted Nathan Horton in free agency and they got him.
The Jackets announced on Friday that they have agreed to a seven-year deal with the free-agent winger, the longest deal they could sign him to. [ame="https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/statuses/353194750553239554"]According to Bob McKenzie[/ame], the contract is worth $37.1 million, or $5.3 million annually.
"This is the place I wanted to be," Horton said when he was introduced. "With Mr. Davidson and Jarmo, [The team] is in the hands of the right people and its headed in the right direction."
This is a huge splash for the Jackets -- and a huge gamble. Horton can be the type of scoring winger the Jackets really need. Offense was a major problem for them last season and he gives them a true top-line talent, even if he is a little inconsistent.
However it's a gamble for multiple reasons. First off, any time you give a player a seven-year contract it's risky. But then take into account that Horton will shortly undergo shoulder surgery and there must be concerns going forward.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO

FmJEJHkfu.jpeg

beefman138

I like cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most important story of the day : Dodgers finally reach .500!!!

Can't sleep because of the fans in the streets...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most important story of the day : Dodgers finally reach .500!!!

Can't sleep because of the fans in the streets...

what a mess that team is

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ortiz falls short of the HOF. And he wasn't better than Edgar IMO.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Gronkowski rehabs in Foxboro

Updated: July 10, 2013, 2:42 PM ET
By Ed Werder | ESPN

Cautious Optimism Regarding Gronk

Adam Schefter discusses Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski's rehab process and the timeline for his return.Tags: Rob Gronkowski, Patriots, Adam Schefter

Tight end Rob Gronkowski, who is recovering from back surgery, has returned to the New England Patriots' facility in Foxborough, Mass., where he is doing his rehab work under the guidance of the team's trainers.

Gronkowski is concentrating mainly on stretching and improving his core strength.
A person who has seen Gronkowski at the facility tells ESPN that Gronkowski looks good and seems to be progressing, but nobody yet knows whether he'll be ready for the Patriots' opener against the Buffalo Bills.
Gronkowski had the surgery on his back last month and Dr. Robert Watkins, who performed the procedure, said the "timing of his return to football will depend on his progression through the rehabilitation program."
He also had a fourth surgery on his left forearm in May, where doctors put new plates in to repair the previous break.

He is expected to open training camp on the physically unable to perform list, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter last month.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ortiz falls short of the HOF. And he wasn't better than Edgar IMO.

edgar has lesser numbers across the board and played til he was 41

ortiz is 37

martinez had 6, 100 RBI seasons as a DH

ortiz has 6, and came up with 99 and 96 in 2 other years. if he stays healthy, he gets his 7th this year

edgars career 162 average is 24/99

ortiz is 36/118