• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st place sox, Poo-holes to the DL, and Papelbon speaks (again)

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, all kinds of interesting games tonight. Looking forward to this week of baseball.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will tell you this, when Huntington Beach is on, you have never in your life seen more 18-21 ass in your life. That is one neat place. Miles and miles of beachfront with killer laid-back locals bars.

You could spend a lifetime there.

not if youre murdered in a riot

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Rodriguez

MLB is willing to offer Rodriguez a suspension of the rest of this year and all of 2014, report Bill Madden, Teri Thompson, and Michael O'Keefe of the New York Daily News, and if he declines, MLB is expected to attempt to ban him for life. Over at River Ave. Blues, Mike Axisa runs through different scenarios involving A-Rod.
The Yankees have continued to search for third base help, but Heyman says that isn't necessarily tied to the possibility A-Rod gets suspended. Though first-time offenders are permitted to play during an appeals process, baseball might challenge that practice in the case of Rodriguez, writes Rosenthal.

so it begins...

bgko11

It gets u every time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down, that was in reference to SportsChic....if you knew that, fuck me and carry on!

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers get Astros closer Jose Veras

Updated: July 29, 2013, 12:38 PM ET
Associated Press

DETROIT -- The Detroit Tigers added some help for their shaky bullpen Monday, acquiring reliever Jose Veras from the Houston Astros for minor league outfielder Danry Vasquez and a player to be named.
Veras is 0-4 with a 2.93 ERA and 19 saves this season, and the 32-year-old right-hander has struck out 44 in 43 innings with only 14 walks.
i

Veras
"We are pleased to add an experienced arm to our bullpen," Detroit general manager Dave Dombrowski said. "Jose can pitch in a variety of roles, provides depth in the bullpen, and complements the roles of Joaquin Benoit and Drew Smyly."
Detroit entered the season with a lot of uncertainty at the closer spot, and although Benoit has pitched well in that role of late, the AL Central-leading Tigers still needed bullpen depth. Aside from Benoit and Smyly, none of their other relievers have been all that effective on a consistent basis.
Veras has been a steady contributor while bouncing from team to team in recent years. He posted a 3.75 ERA with Florida in 2010, a 3.80 ERA with Pittsburgh in 2011 and a 3.63 ERA with Milwaukee last season.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL..may be someday...I'm 6'3 and strong...I swing at around 100-110mph...a whippy shaft just completely fucks me up...

Nothing to do with being strong its all about creating torque. I am 6'1 170-180 and not that strong...avg drive is till 280.

this, me no likey graphite...feels like it is all over the place.

Get an extra stiff shaft and you are fine...that is what I use. All about consistent swing not club.

El Oh El...

Oh, and we need to stop talking about your golf swing and return to outing Sportschic as a troll/dude. The man behind the curtain has spoken.

So I was right she isn't a chick? Man I got yelled at for that the other day.

How else does one write they're gigantic on a message board without coming off like a complete douche...

I guess I could've scoured the interwebz for pics of guys from the Cartegna dating services.....

Many thought you were a douche prior to your huge comment...just saying.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so it begins...

So we're down to $60M left guaranteed, if he were to accept.

But, sources vow he won't accept, which could lead to a lifetime ban, and the whole albatross off the books.

C'mon Alex, fight! Don't get smart now!

:yahoo:

b_lake

Ask your lady, she likes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn cereal beat me to it...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not if youre murdered in a riot

You obviously didn't read the story, But you're right. California beach communities suck. Especially Huntington Beach in the OC and Pacific Beach and Ocean Beach in San Diego. You'd hate it, don't come.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously didn't read the story, But you're right. California beach communities suck. Especially Huntington Beach in the OC and Pacific Beach and Ocean Beach in San Diego. You'd hate it, don't come.

lots of murderous gang members with jobs there

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're down to $60M left guaranteed, if he were to accept.

But, sources vow he won't accept, which could lead to a lifetime ban, and the whole albatross off the books.

C'mon Alex, fight! Don't get smart now!

:yahoo:

I really hopes this happens...what do we save if he doesn't fight like $35M?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

this kids not bright

Johnny Manziel ushered out of party

Updated: July 29, 2013, 12:05 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

[+] Enlarge@sdavy23/TwitterTexas A&M QB Johnny Manziel was seen in Austin this weekend wearing a Tim Tebow Jets jersey.

A month and a half after taking his frustrations for College Station public, Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel found a landing spot just down the road this weekend.
Problem was, the frat boys of Austin don't take kindly to their longtime rival's quarterbacks.
Manziel, attending a fraternity party in the West Campus area near the University of Texas, was "quickly and harshly" kicked out of the event Friday night, according to SB Nation's Texas site, "Burnt Orange Nation."
A brief YouTube video accompanying the SB Nation report shows Manziel barely evading the brunt of an airborne beer can amid screams that include "get the f--- out" as he leaves the party across an outdoor patio, dressed in a soaked pink golf shirt and black baseball cap.
According to other reports, Manziel stayed in Austin on Saturday and attended a daytime fraternity party, where he was spotted wearing a Tim Tebow New York Jets jersey.

Manziel took to Twitter on Sunday, presumably in response to the reports of his weekend activities.