• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1990 MLB Draft Chat

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm... I just looked at everyone else's teams....

A lot of you listed a lot of awards... And some players with any stats... That will be interesting to vote on...

There will be stats. Don't worry. Hahaha.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully everyone can finish with posting their teams today so we can start the playoff...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully everyone can finish with posting their teams today so we can start the playoff...

Will we be doing a ranking first to decide the 2 worst teams (Nos & Ritz) Those 2 get eliminated then we hold a playoff voting with the 8 remaining teams?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once stoke redoes his stats we then will all rank the teams. #1 being the best team and #10 being the worst. You then would send nos your rankings. Nos adds up the rankings. The 2 worst scores those 2 teams will be eliminated. This will get us from 10 teams to 8 teams. You can do the playoffs with 8 teams just not with 10. The playoffs we have 2 teams head to head and we vote on who would win. Our 8 teams go down to 4 then 2 then championship winner who gets 1000vcash.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will we be doing a ranking first to decide the 2 worst teams (Nos & Ritz) Those 2 get eliminated then we hold a playoff voting with the 8 remaining teams?

No, I don't like it that way. Two teams eliminated without even having a chance is wrong IMO.

Everyone Sends me their rankings from best team 1st to worst team 10th. We then have 5 playoff games the winners all move on and the loser who finished highest in the rankings moves on so we have 6 teams in the next round.

Then we play those 3 games and the three winners move on and the highest ranked team remaining from the three losing teams moves in the Semi-Finals.

We play those two games and the winners move onto the Championship.

I like this way because it keeps people involved and gives 2nd chances to good teams who may have had a tough early round matchup.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you guys can think of a better way? I like the idea of giving 2nd chances much more than eliminating two teams who spent weeks drafting and were never even given a chance...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't like it that way. Two teams eliminated without even having a chance is wrong IMO.

Everyone Sends me their rankings from best team 1st to worst team 10th. We then have 5 playoff games the winners all move on and the loser who finished highest in the rankings moves on so we have 6 teams in the next round.

Then we play those 3 games and the three winners move on and the highest ranked team remaining from the three losing teams moves in the Semi-Finals.

We play those two games and the winners move onto the Championship.

I like this way because it keeps people involved and gives 2nd chances to good teams who may have had a tough early round matchup.

:agree: I approve of this message

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everyone deserves a medal. If your team gets eliminated by rankings then they shouldn't expect to win the championship. Why prolong the eventual defeat.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocker UK and Nos share the same feelings, list, woman, etcetera

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocker UK and Nos share the same feelings, list, woman, etcetera

Same Woman? I'll be calling Gina Carano to see if Nos is joining us tonight. We can flip a coin, trust me, heads or tails with her, you're a winner either way....

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everyone deserves a medal. If your team gets eliminated by rankings then they shouldn't expect to win the championship. Why prolong the eventual defeat.

Not everyone gets a medal. There is still only one winner. I just don't like the idea of two guys not even getting a chance to vote for themselves or defend their teams in any way, just WHAMY eliminated!

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear your point.

Fyi I just choked on a butterfinger after UK's post. Fucking hilarious.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you guys can think of a better way? I like the idea of giving 2nd chances much more than eliminating two teams who spent weeks drafting and were never even given a chance...

Me too.

I see several teams who Id like if their team was set up different. If they lose, they could do that, and I might vote for 'em the second time.

It's December 8th, if we take a couple more days to play this out, we'll still be ahead of schedule.

And I have a lot of points to bring up on my roster past my allotted 3. (Or 36, if you're stoke: )

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say give everyone a chance as well

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too.

I see several teams who Id like if their team was set up different. If they lose, they could do that, and I might vote for 'em the second time.

It's December 8th, if we take a couple more days to play this out, we'll still be ahead of schedule.

And I have a lot of points to bring up on my roster past my allotted 3. (Or 36, if you're stoke: )

I agree, and when teams are matched up, I don't just vote sheer numbers, I look at how the two teams match up and vote for who I think would win a 7 game series. Righty/Lefty pitching matchups, depth, star power, team speed, defense, it all plays

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too.

yeah, yeah... so I spent more time typing my roster than thinking about it...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and when teams are matched up, I don't just vote sheer numbers, I look at how the two teams match up and vote for who I think would win a 7 game series. Righty/Lefty pitching matchups, depth, star power, team speed, defense, it all plays

UhHuh.

First time we did baseball, I had lineups for games 1,2,3 and 4 of a series. With bullpen schedules and expectations. I don't this time, but I could, if Ritz PMs me with the go ahead.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, yeah... so I spent more time typing my roster than thinking about it...

Hahaha.

I've spent awhile trying to figure out what I have to divide, multiply or add to undo those Plus signs. Hahaha.

Took forever last night figuring what would be best, Bichette in left or Roberts in left. With Coleman running as soon as any of my slow guys got on. But then Id have to slide Fryman to short, or Biggio to catcher or lose Murray in the lineup..... So Vince got the start.

Tanana bounced around the rotation for awhile too. And I won't even try to explain how many bullpen scenarios I played out.