• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1990 MLB Draft Chat

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve is OTC and has been pm'd

I think anyone can be a RP but the relief pitcher nazi Nos will have to make the ruling. Last time it was under 100 saves, had to have a size 10.5 shoe size, blue eyes, and likes hotdogs without mustard.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha... No, it's good... Just looking up people and you guys know everybody... Even have nicknames, I'm barely finding guys to add lol...

This is the deepest draft I've been in yet, I think. Haven't even had to go to my baseball cards yet. But I will I have to. :suds:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think anyone can be a RP but the relief pitcher nazi Nos will have to make the ruling. Last time it was under 100 saves, had to have a size 10.5 shoe size, blue eyes, and likes hotdogs without mustard.

Mustard is disgusting.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's how I look a relievers when I judge people's teams. This is my opinion and is how I vote, does not mean everyone has to do this. I use anyone who has at least 30 appearances in a season with more relief appearances thsan starts in that season. So, career starters can be a reliever if he had one season or more that follow that criteria. Then I place themn in their roles.

Closer - at least 20 saves in a season. I generally let the team manager decide who this is, but if multiple closers ona team, i use who i deem best and only use one.,

Reliever - anyone who has pitched as a reliever and has at least 1 season with less than 20 saves. If i have to deem roles, i will typically put the best one in my opinion as the team set up man.

Spot starter - a player who has a season with at least 30 appearances, 10-20 starts and more relief appearances than starts.

this is how I do my own judging. Partially because this is supposed to be the best team, and no team has 6 guys playing the closer role (or at least few that are successful at it) and partically because a great closer isn't always good at any other role (needs the pressure). Just my two cents, and verly complicated way of looking at it.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn fogot about Baerga, woud've been a better choice for second.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can use any pitcher as a reliever who was used a reliever in his career. Even John Smoltz could be used as a reliever. It will be judged on a player by player basis, meaning don't use Billy Joe Dupree as a reliever because he made 7 relief appearances in a 15 year career but won 200 games as a starter.

In other words don't be a dick and use starters as starters if they were a relief pitcher use them as such!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phucking son of a bitch phuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos is this how we will do the playoffs: we have everyone rank the teams. The 2 teams that have worst score gets eliminated then we are down to 8 teams for the playoff matchups. Only guys in this draft are allowed to vote. In case of a tie 5 to 5 we have Skinsdad decide the winner. Is this correct?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos is this how we will do the playoffs: we have everyone rank the teams. The 2 teams that have worst score gets eliminated then we are down to 8 teams for the playoff matchups. Only guys in this draft are allowed to vote. In case of a tie 5 to 5 we have Skinsdad decide the winner. Is this correct?

Ummm, right now I really don't care they just killed Beth!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But..... But...... Politics, religion and condiments.... I keep forgetting.

Maybe it is Jolly Ranchers.... Im half a dozen BartlesNJames deep.....

All politicians suck.

I'm a Christian and don't care what others think.

Mustard is really good man!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like WAR+ better than yellow mustard.

Yeah, I said it.

President Ketchup and Vice President Ranch. With Secretary of State Barbaque Sauce, Attorney General Horseradish and Secretary of Defense Dill Dip.

Mayo should be exiled.

I forgot about Carlos Baerga too.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how I look a relievers when I judge people's teams. This is my opinion and is how I vote, does not mean everyone has to do this. I use anyone who has at least 30 appearances in a season with more relief appearances thsan starts in that season. So, career starters can be a reliever if he had one season or more that follow that criteria. Then I place themn in their roles.

Closer - at least 20 saves in a season. I generally let the team manager decide who this is, but if multiple closers ona team, i use who i deem best and only use one.,

Reliever - anyone who has pitched as a reliever and has at least 1 season with less than 20 saves. If i have to deem roles, i will typically put the best one in my opinion as the team set up man.

Spot starter - a player who has a season with at least 30 appearances, 10-20 starts and more relief appearances than starts.

this is how I do my own judging. Partially because this is supposed to be the best team, and no team has 6 guys playing the closer role (or at least few that are successful at it) and partically because a great closer isn't always good at any other role (needs the pressure). Just my two cents, and verly complicated way of looking at it.

Can you say that again... This time in English...:noidea:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well stop putting it in your Zima

Funny story... I was home from college on my brothers 18th birthday... An exteammate aaas the bouncer at this club where we lived... I got him and a friend of his in and he got a 21yo band... Said all I got is $200 on the tab... Of we go over that somebody else is going to have to drive us home... Laughed and asked what we were starting with and he ordered a Zima...:L

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how you can name off guys without a list but forget when your time slot is :doh:

I don't ever forget my time slot lol.

I'm always waitin on everyone else!!