• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1980's +4 NFL Draft : CHAT

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OFFENSE
QB - Ben Roethlisberger
RB - Jerome Bettis
WR - Herman Moore
WR - Chad Johnson
WR - Hines Ward
TE - Rob Gronkowski
TE - Tony Gonzalez
OT - Jason Peters
OG - Steve Hutchinson
C - Matt Birk
OG - Larry Allen
OT - Erik Williams

VERSUS

DEFENSE
DE - Jason Taylor
DT - Aaron Donald
DT - Geno Atkins
DE - Mario Williams
OLB - Thomas Davis
OLB - Khalil Mack
MLB - Ray Lewis
CB - Antoine Winfield
CB - Asante Samuel
CB - Joe Haden
SS - John Lynch
FS - Ed Reed

You do have Moss and Dickerson, but the defense you'd face has Blount and Woodson... Plus the oline here is better than yours and the dline here is clearly not as good as you'd face.. You voted defense here stating Davis and Reed would eliminate the tight ends... :noidea:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked fine throwing for 400 yards against New England in the AFC Championship game
Hey whatever. For any defense dominated team that won a Super Bowl, I can point out an equal number of teams that won that were dominant offensively. More often than not, when a team has a dominant offense and a highly rated defense, the offense has a great deal to do with the defense's rating. An example would be the 90's Cowboys. Real good defense. But they were on the field maybe 22-23 minutes a game and almost always playing with the lead

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OFFENSE
QB - Ben Roethlisberger
RB - Jerome Bettis
WR - Herman Moore
WR - Chad Johnson
WR - Hines Ward
TE - Rob Gronkowski
TE - Tony Gonzalez
OT - Jason Peters
OG - Steve Hutchinson
C - Matt Birk
OG - Larry Allen
OT - Erik Williams

VERSUS

DEFENSE
DE - Jason Taylor
DT - Aaron Donald
DT - Geno Atkins
DE - Mario Williams
OLB - Thomas Davis
OLB - Khalil Mack
MLB - Ray Lewis
CB - Antoine Winfield
CB - Asante Samuel
CB - Joe Haden
SS - John Lynch
FS - Ed Reed

You do have Moss and Dickerson, but the defense you'd face has Blount and Woodson... Plus the oline here is better than yours and the dline here is clearly not as good as you'd face.. You voted defense here stating Davis and Reed would eliminate the tight ends... :noidea:
Are you really butt hurt over a vote in a mock that I'm pretty sure that you won? And the fact that you say I also have Moss and Dickerson like it's an afterthought is comical. In the vote above, you didn't have Dickerson, you had Bettis, and I promise you there is a huge difference. None of your WR's are close to a prime Moss, what exactly is your point?

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really butt hurt over a vote in a mock that I'm pretty sure that you won? And the fact that you say I also have Moss and Dickerson like it's an afterthought is comical. In the vote above, you didn't have Dickerson, you had Bettis, and I promise you there is a huge difference. None of your WR's are close to a prime Moss, what exactly is your point?

Not butt just pointing out you went defense here also I lost in the first round... Moss and Dickerson are special but you're facing Blount and Woodson, it's relative I think when you look at the oline/dline, WR/DB... My point was with a much weaker defense you leaned defense... Now IMO unless Mebert pulls out some miracle you'd win that matchup because your defense is solid too... But if we're looking at Offense vs Defense I'd lean Mebert... Just adding to the convo waiting my pick is all...

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not butt just pointing out you went defense here although i lost in the first round... Moss and Dickerson are special but you're facing Blount and Woodson, it's relative I think when you look at the oline/dline, WR/DB... My point was with a much weaker defense you leaned defense... Now IMO unless Mebert pulls out some miracle you'd win that matchup because your defense is solid too... But if we're looking at Offense vs Defense I'd lean Mebert... Just adding to the convo waiting my pick is all...
I respect your opinion, I just think the dynamic is changed from a matchup standpoint when you add both a deep threat like Moss and a HR RB like Dickerson. In the Matchup you had, I thought Bettis was the absolute worst back you could have picked. He was a great player, but 3 yards and a cloud of dust. If you had any back with speed to threaten the edge, that would have occupied those OLB's and put the defense in a catch 22. In addition, no corner is gonna cover Moss one on one all game long, HOF or not, there must be deep help. I'm all for breaking down a matchup, just not into D always defeats O, because it just isn't true

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect your opinion, I just think the dynamic is changed from a matchup standpoint when you add both a deep threat like Moss and a HR RB like Dickerson. In the Matchup you had, I thought Bettis was the absolute worst back you could have picked. He was a great player, but 3 yards and a cloud of dust. If you had any back with speed to threaten the edge, that would have occupied those OLB's and put the defense in a catch 22. In addition, no corner is gonna cover Moss one on one all game long, HOF or not, there must be deep help. I'm all for breaking down a matchup, just not into D always defeats O, because it just isn't true

I don't understand the argument... You both are going to get killed by my squad...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mebert says to skip him

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo banging a bowling ball like Bettis is going to force everbody to me up, play action would be killer along with some quick outs to WR and dumps to the TE... It's a difference in philosophy for sure but I think there's more than 1 way to skin a cat... In what you face I agree no one man will guard Moss 1vs1 all game but Woodson could make it hard all game you can switch to double him on Blounts side so on... Moss will get his here and there Dickerson may as well but that type of defense is going to cause turnovers... I just think THAT defense might score 1, take at 2 away, get some stops... Shut you down not a chance hold you to enough to give a good offense a shot definitely... Will Mebert have the offense to do it, we'll see...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@UK Cowboy and by the way, I think Moss and Dickerson are HUGE... But the oline I put around them and the year restrictions were something that wouldn't allow for me to get a Moss and Larry Allen and the likes... Your skill players are going to be hard to beat even with that defense...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo banging a bowling ball like Bettis is going to force everbody to me up, play action would be killer along with some quick outs to WR and dumps to the TE... It's a difference in philosophy for sure but I think there's more than 1 way to skin a cat... In what you face I agree no one man will guard Moss 1vs1 all game but Woodson could make it hard all game you can switch to double him on Blounts side so on... Moss will get his here and there Dickerson may as well but that type of defense is going to cause turnovers... I just think THAT defense might score 1, take at 2 away, get some stops... Shut you down not a chance hold you to enough to give a good offense a shot definitely... Will Mebert have the offense to do it, we'll see...
Here's a question...do we even play each other, LMAO:noidea:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, thanks to @Nosferatu for what he does on this board, we've got mocks down to a science. Like a few others here, I am participating in the NBA mock on the NBA thread. I made my 1st round pick like 4 days ago, haven't picked since. Tried making a couple of helpful suggestions about how we do it, got my head bit off, and said, no problema. 3 to 1 that draft even finishes....

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a costly skip for me. Damn work

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never let another man touch server... :nono:

The kid is smart, but does not yet look at the bigger picture yet. Sees what will happen to the one server, did not look at the relationships and what else he might bring down if he did the change during production hours. I think he learns and gets better for it here.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, thanks to @Nosferatu for what he does on this board, we've got mocks down to a science. Like a few others here, I am participating in the NBA mock on the NBA thread. I made my 1st round pick like 4 days ago, haven't picked since. Tried making a couple of helpful suggestions about how we do it, got my head bit off, and said, no problema. 3 to 1 that draft even finishes....

3 to 1? I'd say 100 to 1 is more like it, and even that is being to optimistic. I don't really blame Sting he just doesn't know what we know. You can't just put together 30 random people and expect everyone to stay involved.

Thing is it's still the first round and it's it's taking forever, what happens when we get into the 5th, 6th, 7th rounds when all the good players are gone and we are selecting nobodies? The answer is there will be like 7 people picking and the other 20 will be gone.