• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1980's +4 NFL Draft : CHAT

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAMN YOU SMIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! :kev:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this place got boring quickly. I'll start talking to myself.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated my wizards trade today. Morris is a trouble maker and a cancer and to give up a good draft pick in this great draft was not worthy of the exchange. I rather have used that pick on a PF or C in the draft which there are a few good ones available when the Wizards would have selected.

PG Wall
SG Beal
SF Porter (praying for Durrant)
PF Morris
C Gortait

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mebert's DLine would crush him.
You're crazy lmao. I have two of the 10 greatest OL in the history of the game. You might worry about your own line, you've got a runt center playing OG

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're crazy lmao. I have two of the 10 greatest OL in the history of the game. You might worry about your own line, you've got a runt center playing OG

Who's going to stop Peppers and Neil Smith from coming around the edges? And don't say Lomas brown's slow a$$.

And why you poking at my team? It has nothing to do with this conversation. And, aren't you a Cowboys fan? Why you dissing your boy?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's going to stop Peppers and Neil Smith from coming around the edges? And don't say Lomas brown's slow a$$.

And why you poking at my team? It has nothing to do with this conversation. And, aren't you a Cowboys fan? Why you dissing your boy?
Couple of things, Lomas wasn't slow on his prime, he was a heck of an OT. I am going to run a two TE set at all times with Gronk and Gonzalez, and I have Dickerson in the backfield, so if they "come around the edges"; they'll see Dickerson run right by them. With Gronk and Gonzalez, as well as Moss and Dickerson, and now Gault, my offense is unstoppable.

As to Step, I wouldn't knock him as a center who is uncovered or can get help from a guard against a NT....but you have him at OG. He'll get blown up by any big DT without help

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to Peppers and Smith, Brown is slow. He was a heck of an OT, but he would have his hands full with either of those 2. And I don't know why you drafted two of the best pass catching TEs of all time only to have them block. Seems to me like you could have waited and got a guy like Howard Cross, who is a hell of a blocker.

Defense wins championships.

And Step will hold up just fine. When I'm done, I doubt anyone will have a problem with my O line...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to Peppers and Smith, Brown is slow. He was a heck of an OT, but he would have his hands full with either of those 2. And I don't know why you drafted two of the best pass catching TEs of all time only to have them block. Seems to me like you could have waited and got a guy like Howard Cross, who is a hell of a blocker.

Defense wins championships.

And Step will hold up just fine. When I'm done, I doubt anyone will have a problem with my O line...
That's the point of a two TE offense LMAO, why wouldn't I have my two TE's RUN block? That's the point.... with Moss and Gault outside, the defense would have to play 2 deep man under, no matter who the corners are.... Except, not only do the corners need safety help, but both OLB's need help against Gronk and Gonzalez as well. Either way, someone will be open before the DL gets near Kelly. Not to mention the only way to stop Dickerson with two TE"s is to have one more man in the box than blockers. Which leaves Moss or Gault one on one. And as too "defense wins Championships", the Montana Niners, Greatest Show on Turf, Fun Bunch Redskins and 90's Cowboys all say Hello. Those teams scored 40-50 in Super Bowls, and couldn't sniff my teams shorts

And as to Step....he's an undersized but effective center. I have two guards that poop on him, and you knocked my OL. If you play him at guard, it'd gonna cost you. Either way, as the old saying goes....we'll see....

Last edited:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knocked your tackle(s) because they have to block 2 great pass rushers. Unless you plan on putting Bruce at LT, which he played, but not at the level at which he played on the inside, I don't see how you can ignore that defense, especially the line.

And Montana's Niners, the Rams, the Skins, and Boys all had top 5 defenses to go along with those offenses. Like you said... we will see.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knocked your tackle(s) because they have to block 2 great pass rushers. Unless you plan on putting Bruce at LT, which he played, but not at the level at which he played on the inside, I don't see how you can ignore that defense, especially the line.

And Montana's Niners, the Rams, the Skins, and Boys all had top 5 defenses to go along with those offenses. Like you said... we will see.

I haven't evaluated teams yet but I do hate how these football drafts turn into fantasy football sometimes. Not just about the skill positions as Denver clearly showed this year and Seattle two years ago in the greatest offensive era in the sport.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't evaluated teams yet but I do hate how these football drafts turn into fantasy football sometimes. Not just about the skill positions as Denver clearly showed this year and Seattle two years ago in the greatest offensive era in the sport.
The offensive teams the Bronco's and Seahawks defeated were hardly all time offenses. It is what it is

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos team a couple years ago was record setting.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And FWIW of the 8 times the top offense and defense have met in Super Bowls the defense has won 7 times. It takes a balanced team not just fantasy stars

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And FWIW of the 8 times the top offense and defense have met in Super Bowls the defense has won 7 times. It takes a balanced team not just fantasy stars
Show me where I said it didn't...go ahead..... we were talking about a specific offense vs a specific defense, and it is never about one being more important than the other, it's about how does one match up with the other

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did....and his arm was totally different by the time they made it to the Super Bowl

It looked fine throwing for 400 yards against New England in the AFC Championship game