• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1970 Stanley Cup Finals Rematch. St Louis Blues vs Boston Bruins

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is the hockey has been pretty good and at times bordering on excellent, but with all these days off between games, it's tough for the momentum to carry from one game to the next.

It also seems to be forcing the NBA to take extra days off. There were 2 days off between games 1 & 2 when there wasn't even any travel involved.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When calls don't go your way and they appear to have potentially cost your team the game, it sucks really bad and you're going to complain. Especially when the stakes are as high as they were tonight.

When the team you are cheering for is the beneficiary of a bad call, it's a lot easier to call it "part of the game" especially if you're thinking about all the times you were on the wrong end of those calls in costly situations.

Honestly, I don't really consider either perspective to be wrong, nor would I necessarily call someone a hypocrite (depending on the exact context) who has voiced both perspectives at different times.
I don't think i like your tone

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the first one, spot on.
Yeah, I actually like Tom Angelli (sp?) He sings it fairly straight up, not too much embellishment. Seems like a good guy, too.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was some good old fashioned horse shit right there.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The non call is bad, him embellishing, rolling around like a gunshot victim and staring at the refs was worse.

Just look at the goal, Tuukka is anticipating the pass, if you get up and get back in the play you have that guy covered and Tuukka can play the shooter straight up.

Sucks about that call because it takes away from Binnington having an amazing game, what a stud.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The non call is bad, him embellishing, rolling around like a gunshot victim and staring at the refs was worse.

Just look at the goal, Tuukka is anticipating the pass, if you get up and get back in the play you have that guy covered and Tuukka can play the shooter straight up.

Sucks about that call because it takes away from Binnington having an amazing game, what a stud.
the embellishment was ok i thought (there was a touch, its playoff hockey), because it WAS a penalty anyway. if it was a benign play, id have agreed.
hes in concussion protocol, so he hit his head hard enough., it bounced. hard to get right up.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acciari hit his head and I think went into the concussion protocol. Not sure I blame him for not springing up from that.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a trip for sure but watch him attempt a somersault here to really try and get the call. He really springboards himself with that right leg.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As close as you'll ever see to refs directly affecting outcome of a Cup Final

This was as close as the NHL has ever been to the officials directly affecting the outcome of the Stanley Cup Final

That's simply not true. Brett Hull's crease violation on a series winner comes to mind just off the bat, but come in close here, Boston fans.

Let me speak for all non-Boston fans here...

Dear Boston Fans,

You have won multiple Super Bowls, multiple World Series, and a Stanley Cup in recent years. You are still in contention for this. We understand that it was a shitty call on a clear penalty. Nobody would dispute. But here's the thing. Nobody... fucking... cares. Your team has been dirty as fuck for years. Your fan base is notoriously racist and violent. Suck it up, snowflakes. We all enjoyed it.

Sincerely, The rest of us.

PS - Say hello to your motha for me.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your anger is getting the best of you, bro.

The front line has been shyt for most of this series.

And, if it's consolation to your saltiness, I wish Rat Boi would step it up. He's been dormant, right along with the rest of 'em.

This whole team better stop sleepwalking.

Marshmont blows.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's simply not true. Brett Hull's crease violation on a series winner comes to mind just off the bat, but come in close here, Boston fans.

Dear Boston Fans,

You have won multiple Super Bowls, multiple World Series, and a Stanley Cup in recent years. You are still in contention for this. We understand that it was a shitty call on a clear penalty. Nobody would dispute. But here's the thing. Nobody... fucking... cares. Your team has been dirty as fuck for years. Your fan base is notoriously racist and violent. Suck it up, snowflakes. We all enjoyed it.

Shut up, stupid.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dear Boston Fans,

"notoriously racist and violent"

yeah, GFY

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also seems to be forcing the NBA to take extra days off. There were 2 days off between games 1 & 2 when there wasn't even any travel involved.

They had to give Drake an extra day to rest his voice. Can't have him getting too hoarse now.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great headline for a great moment.

a316a628-4b85-4179-a999-e8ae15859ba6-original.png

Bozak forever. Whoever trades for Zaitsev is going to win the Cup next year.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a trip for sure but watch him attempt a somersault here to really try and get the call. He really springboards himself with that right leg.

yup. still a trip, still a botched call that changed the outcome of the game. still got concussed. still in protocol.