• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1970 Stanley Cup Finals Rematch. St Louis Blues vs Boston Bruins

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were the same issues in game one, we just can’t out on top. Bs need to tighten up their passing game to better their zone control, and they need to stop doing that extra pass in and around the goal zone... so many missed opportunities.

And it’s mostly been Marchy. We need more shots on goal, make Binnington work, get the rebounds.

And honestly, they had some of the same issues in the Columbus series. Rask managed to shut the Jackets down when they tried to make them pay. He held them in long enough for the Bruins to adjust. Jackets damn near took game one because of it. Different series if that happens.

And in game 4, Jackets lost discipline trying to force it when the Bruins stumbled.

Reactions: SLY

Sgt. Schultz

I KNOW NUTTZING!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were the same issues in game one, we just can’t out on top. Bs need to tighten up their passing game to better their zone control, and they need to stop doing that extra pass in and around the goal zone... so many missed opportunities.

And it’s mostly been Marchy. We need more shots on goal, make Binnington work, get the rebounds.
Agree you gotta get the "rinkrat" and his line going...

Sgt. Schultz

I KNOW NUTTZING!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And honestly, they had some of the same issues in the Columbus series. Rask managed to shut the Jackets down when they tried to make them pay. He held them in long enough for the Bruins to adjust. Jackets damn near took game one because of it. Different series if that happens.

And in game 4, Jackets lost discipline trying to force it when the Bruins stumbled.
Two JD franchises seem to be giving the B's a run for their money...hopefully he can keep the magic going for my Rangers...

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's bullshit that Sundqvist got suspended for that hit. It was questionable whether it should have even been a penalty.
The fact that he was already off balance and falling made a good check seem dirty.

Pussified sports these days

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and I’m referring to the two games against STL, they were killing it before.
The Blues seemed to have cracked the code to our top line. I can't think of many teams that have done that this year, but again, it's two games.

Cassidy better figure out what's going on with Line 1, cuz the Blues top line sure ain't been 'dormant'.

No time to panic, tho … it's best of five, now.

Reactions: SLY

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blues seemed to have cracked the code to our top line. I can't think of many teams that have done that this year, but again, it's two games.

When on their game, they are the best line in hockey. They have not been playing at that level throughout the entire 4 rounds. This is not unique to the Finals, they have had periods of dormancy in the first 3 rounds. I have no doubt they will be better in the rest of this series. They are just too damn good.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 3 is going to be huge. Bruins squeaked by in game one, Blues squeaked by in game two. If our top line gets going we’re good, otherwise not going to be a good outcome. The third and fourth line isn’t going to win this series for us, not with the Blues top line producing. Luckily we have more depth though, and a better netminder.

Can’t wait for tomorrow’s game.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 3 is going to be huge. Bruins squeaked by in game one, Blues squeaked by in game two. If our top line gets going we’re good, otherwise not going to be a good outcome. The third and fourth line isn’t going to win this series for us, not with the Blues top line producing. Luckily we have more depth though, and a better netminder.

Can’t wait for tomorrow’s game.
I thought the Bruins dominated game 1. The final score didn't look like it much, but I think the Blues caught the Bruins sleeping in the 1st. The rest of the game seemed like the Bruins had an extra player all game.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Bruins dominated game 1. The final score didn't look like it much, but I think the Blues caught the Bruins sleeping in the 1st. The rest of the game seemed like the Bruins had an extra player all game.
Agree completely.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I’m purely referring to the poor passing and missed opportunities. That game could’ve easily been 6-2. Cassidy even said more shots on goal, and they kept going for that extra pass in game two.

If they just grind out some goals by throwing them on net the series is over.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's bullshit that Sundqvist got suspended for that hit. It was questionable whether it should have even been a penalty.

All he saw was Gryz's numbers for 20 feet and he still plowed him. 1 game is the right call.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Cassidy is leaning towards Moore.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Cassidy is leaning towards Moore.

Yes, Moore was on a regular D pairing yesterday at practice and he will play tonight.