• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #19 Wisconsin (8-2) at #25 Minnesota (8-2)

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt see the game but was that DT for Minnesota legit?
He got some good coverage in the pre game shows.

From what I saw he did pretty well, but I'm surprised he wasn't out there for more snaps....this was probably the toughest front 7 we played outside of Ohio. I'm sure the cold had a little to do with it.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was kind of a sloppy game for both teams but the weather probably had something to do with it. Not as impressive of a score line as I wanted to see, but some of that is credited to Minnesota's surprisingly stout run defense.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Good game by both teams. The D's stepped up all game, UW's O is more talented and that was the difference.

Big drops by the Gopher WR's, but yeah the badgers did good. Was hoping for a lot closer game, at least they were able to keep it interesting until the end.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the worst offensive game we've played since before I started school at Wisconsin.....

And yet we still won. Dave Aranda and Coach A are defensive masterminds. Chris Borland is one of the greatest defenders in Badger history. And Sojourn Shelton and the secondary came up big time and time again when they were tested. Giving up 0 points when your offense lets you down time and time again is pretty special.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer a low scoring tight game anyway .. that trading touch downs back in forth is boring
Oh I don't like trading TDs either. But I do like it when Wisconsin scores lots of them.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well played by both teams. Good tough big ten game.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the worst offensive game we've played since before I started school at Wisconsin.....

And yet we still won. Dave Aranda and Coach A are defensive masterminds. Chris Borland is one of the greatest defenders in Badger history. And Sojourn Shelton and the secondary came up big time and time again when they were tested. Giving up 0 points when your offense lets you down time and time again is pretty special.

No, last year against Oregon State would take that crown.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, last year against Oregon State would take that crown.

Maybe. If we are talking about complete team fuckups, this was #1. Every single offensive player played below average and most had their worst games. A lot of that is the weather, but still.

The OL was horrid that game. So bad that it masked the fact that Pedersen and the RBs played well. Nobody played well today, although to be fair, nobody played as horrifically as the O-Line did that day.

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good game played by both teams, especially on the defensive end. I questioned some of the offensive play calling, but at least the Badgers defense stepped up and kept the Gophers out of the end zone.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers defense now has more games without giving up a TD (6) than games where they gave up a TD (5).

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. If we are talking about complete team fuckups, this was #1. Every single offensive player played below average and most had their worst games. A lot of that is the weather, but still.

The OL was horrid that game. So bad that it masked the fact that Pedersen and the RBs played well. Nobody played well today, although to be fair, nobody played as horrifically as the O-Line did that day.

I think that has something to do with the competition. Those kids on Minnesota's team played hard all game and are not slouches. You need to give credit where credit is due, and that's to Minny's D.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that has something to do with the competition. Those kids on Minnesota's team played hard all game and are not slouches. You need to give credit where credit is due, and that's to Minny's D.

Doesn't explain the running back stumbles, dropped passes, missed open receivers, OLs missing assignments, etc. They played well defensively considering how awful their offense was dominated, but we should have scored about 40 instead of 20.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't explain the running back stumbles, dropped passes, missed open receivers, OLs missing assignments, etc. They played well defensively considering how awful their offense was dominated, but we should have scored about 40 instead of 20.

you left out fumbles

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Wish I would have posted today. Had me worried for a minute, Gophers.