• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

18 months?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
NHL agent suggests work stoppage could last year and a half | Puck Daddy - Yahoo! Sports

i doubt that it will go that long but still pretty scary esp given that they already lost a season what 7 years ago?

interesting thought that i read in the comment section. if there was ever a time for someone to come along and start up another hockey leauge now would be the time. it would force the hand of the owners seeing their players playing in america

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL agent suggests work stoppage could last year and a half | Puck Daddy - Yahoo! Sports

i doubt that it will go that long but still pretty scary esp given that they already lost a season what 7 years ago?

interesting thought that i read in the comment section. if there was ever a time for someone to come along and start up another hockey leauge now would be the time. it would force the hand of the owners seeing their players playing in america

That is an interesting thought. All it would take would be 10-12 billionaires/multi-multi millionaires to say sure why not? Guys like Mikhail Prokhorov starting up a team to go play in his brand new state of the art arena?

I don't think it goes on that long though. The main difference between this time around and last lockout is they are actually talking, making proposals, they seem to actually want to make progress. That didn't start until after Christmas last time around.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Canadian Hockey League
east-Montreal,Toronto,Ottawa,(Quebec,given a team)
west-Vancouver,Calgary,Edmonton,Winnepeg

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's negotiating BS. An agent saying they are unified and can hold out indefinetly is par for the course. As soon as guys who are used to earning 7 figure salaries (and spending like it....) realize they cant pay the mortgage on the multi-million house & vacation condo, let alone live the way they are used to the unity starts to fade.

Not saying there wont be a stoppage (it would be shocking if there wasnt) but this guy is full of ....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's negotiating BS. An agent saying they are unified and can hold out indefinetly is par for the course. As soon as guys who are used to earning 7 figure salaries (and spending like it....) realize they cant pay the mortgage on the multi-million house & vacation condo, let alone live the way they are used to the unity starts to fade.

Not saying there wont be a stoppage (it would be shocking if there wasnt) but this guy is full of ....

see i think its the other end of that which will cave first. the top 5% of the nhl players who get the big bucks who have endorsement deals to hold them off and such. but players that are on the 3rd/4th lines the 3/4/5/6 d men on teams backup goalies they are the ones who will really suffer first.

Spam only

Holy Hell
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another locker is gonna really test the fans
and if it goes 18 months
who knows maybe vince mcmahon will create the xhl like he did with the xfl
im kidding but the stanley cup can be claimed by another league for the canceled nhl season
there was a big deal about that from the last time this happened and you can bet it will get awarded to a team in another league

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another locker is gonna really test the fans
and if it goes 18 months
who knows maybe vince mcmahon will create the xhl like he did with the xfl
im kidding but the stanley cup can be claimed by another league for the canceled nhl season
there was a big deal about that from the last time this happened and you can bet it will get awarded to a team in another league

No way they do that.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see i think its the other end of that which will cave first. the top 5% of the nhl players who get the big bucks who have endorsement deals to hold them off and such. but players that are on the 3rd/4th lines the 3/4/5/6 d men on teams backup goalies they are the ones who will really suffer first.

Either or cup. You'd be surprised (or maybe not) how many people making really big bucks are overextended to the point where a relatively short disruption in revenue drives them to bankruptcies. Not just athletes either, happens to a lot of Wall Steet guys who SHOULD know better

Spam only

Holy Hell
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was a lawsuit for the cup during the 04-05 lockout that was settle in some time 06
if i recall correctly the ruling was that the cup can be awarded to a nonnhl team in the event the league does not operate
although the nhl does have exclusive rights to the cup i wouldnt throw it past a league to appeal to the trustees to claim the cup for the year if another season is canceled

i think the website was something like freestanley.com and since has been taken down

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Class warfare.... Millionaires vs Billionaires. It's the ugly part of professional sports. We the fans are the ones that hurt the most. Go Devils!!!!

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we allow ourselves to get taken. If people actually stayed away, en masse, it would make a difference.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks for hockey after what I thought was a successful playoff atmosphere run for the NHL.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Is this like a buy out? Or the contract is just void and the player doesnt get the money? If its the second one thats seriously fucked up!

I think the devils did a good job with their payroll in recent years.

Not knowing how much exactly the hit is or what the years are left....my choices would be green zubrus elias. Yes elias. 6 million i think he gets is a huge nut

Spam only

Holy Hell
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking and wondering
If we do lose the season
Zajak is a free agent next offseason and we could lose him too
Anyone else concerned with that happening

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this like a buy out? Or the contract is just void and the player doesnt get the money? If its the second one thats seriously fucked up!

Not knowing how much exactly the hit is or what the years are left....my choices would be green zubrus elias. Yes elias. 6 million i think he gets is a huge nut

I'd probably get rid of Andy Greene's contract. Our D are disposable and he's certainly the least productive of the group. Elias only has a year left, he's a leader, one of the few guys we can depend on offensively and we don't really have replacements for him. Our depth at wing is distrubingly thin.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the amenisty clause is the same as the NBA. What happens is:

- Player A gets amenisty and departs from the team
- The other teams have a chance to claim him and his current contract
- Unlikely that any team would claim him, Player A clears waivers and is open to sign with any club(not paying the original contract, thus a new contract is made)
- Player A's old club is still responsible to pay Player A the remaining amount of his original contract over the remaining life however it will not be counted towards the salary cap/payroll. It would be something else outside of the salary cap/space.
- So Player A would get paid from his current new club and from its former employer.

I think...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking and wondering
If we do lose the season
Zajak is a free agent next offseason and we could lose him too
Anyone else concerned with that happening

I have to imagine there's money somewhere to sign Zajac... I mean we lost Parise(and his cap hit), we have to hold on to Zajac.