• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

17 Preseason Games ....355 Penalties

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through the first week of preseason games, the officials called 355 penalties. Over 100 were on the defensive backs for "holding", "Illegal Contact" or "Pass Interference". The NFL wants more offense because they believe that's what brings viewers and shoppers.

Rex Ryan spoke up and basically has said to the league, "Let these guys play football".

I don't think wide receivers should be mugged on every play, but I think that the game is going to get hurt by restricting contact during pass plays. Maybe teams should put specific guys like Brandon Browner on the line of scrimmage and just cream the WR within 5 yards.......screw having any defensive linemen.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through the first week of preseason games, the officials called 355 penalties. Over 100 were on the defensive backs for "holding", "Illegal Contact" or "Pass Interference". The NFL wants more offense because they believe that's what brings viewers and shoppers.

Rex Ryan spoke up and basically has said to the league, "Let these guys play football".

I don't think wide receivers should be mugged on every play, but I think that the game is going to get hurt by restricting contact during pass plays. Maybe teams should put specific guys like Brandon Browner on the line of scrimmage and just cream the WR within 5 yards.......screw having any defensive linemen.

I feel so "dirty" saying this.. but Rex is right. :L

defense better take their shots in those first 5 yards because after that it's flag football.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel so "dirty" saying this.. but Rex is right. :L

defense better take their shots in those first 5 yards because after that it's flag football.

Don't feel dirty, Rex does know defense.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, serious injuries have forced the NFL to make an effort to scale down contact. If they were really serious, they'd force all players to give a vial of blood for testing. Anything in the blood that builds complex muscle or increases muscle mass and your done for life......basically, steroids or HGH or MGH and your done. These complex drugs stay in the blood stream for years so if a kid was injected at 17 and he tests positive at 22....too bad.

The size of the average NFL player has increased approx. 25% since 1975. Those years of the "Steel Curtain" have been shown to be some of the worst for the individual player. The drugs were new and were pretty much tested on humans. The result has been the early deaths of guys like Mike Webster, Mean Joe Greene and others. Size and speed create the body and head damage. The league wants to move the hits down on the body and the result is what happened to Gronk.

By 2050, the NFL will be two hand touch.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the same thing with Baseball. The league turned a blind eye to all the players bulking up because it put people into the stands and $ in their wallets from advertisers. Now it has come back to haunt the NFL and MLB with all the injuries players have sustained over the years. The leagues did this to themselves

and yes, I HATE agreeing with Rex Ryan but he is right

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats the world coming to when pats fans agree with rex ( I love feet) ryan... make that another one.. I agree with the dbag as well..

as an alternative.. give everyplayer the juice and we can get into some nfl blitz type football... imagine a juiced up kicker or punter.. now that would be funny