• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

16-17 College/Draft Talk

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can find good receiving talent in other rounds ... but the percentages are much higher of getting one in Rd 1. You can say that of any position though ... I'm tired of the Eagles not having had a stud at WR since TO left. Especially when you have a guy like Wentz who has the "potential" to be one of the best QB's the organization has had. If not a stud WR then we need to arm him with a top notch RB ... I'd prefer to give him "both" early on in his career if possible.

My first preference is to put one of the best offensive lines possible around him. That being said, I think the offensive line is shaping up to look better than I initially expected. Next, I'd go WRs. It's more important to have an elite WR than an elite RB in today's NFL.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first preference is to put one of the best offensive lines possible around him. That being said, I think the offensive line is shaping up to look better than I initially expected. Next, I'd go WRs. It's more important to have an elite WR than an elite RB in today's NFL.

I also want to build an OL as good as Dallas', but with Lane coming back, and Big V looking good, we will be better, and at least as good as most OL's in the league. WR and CB are the 2 most pressing needs right now.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several mocks have us taking a RB. Cook or Fournette? Who would you want?

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer Cook as a true 3 down RB who is a game breaker. If the pick ends up in the low/mid teens we should be in a perfect spot to get him with the pick or a small move up. Earlier in his career he seemed like he was always banged up. But not as much this season from all the games I have seen of his.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draftsite.com has us taking:
Marlon Humphrey, CB, Ala.
Curtis Samuel, WR, OSU
Taylor Moton, T, W.Mich.
Chad Wheeler, T, USC
Nick Linder, C, Miami
Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Ala.
Vince Biegel, LB, Wisc.
Brian Allen, G, Mich.St.
Jessman Dunker, G, Tenn.St.

I like some of these picks, although I would draft more than one WR early, unless we sign a stud WR in FA. They also have us drafting 9 picks, while we only have 8 so far. It is interesting though.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the 1st round order as of this week.

The decimal that follows the record is the SOS, which is the tiebreaker.

Unfortunately, we'll likely have the worst tiebreaker among teams that have our same record. Fortunately, the Vikings have one of the lower SOS.

We will also move one pick up in that order for our pick in the second round.

All of our losses help our 2nd round pick, and all of the Vikings losses help our 1st round pick.

Team
Rec. SoS %
1 Cleveland Browns 0-12 0.546
2 San Francisco 49ers 1-10 0.517
3 Chicago Bears 2-9 0.517
4 Jacksonville Jaguars 2-9 0.534
5 New York Jets 3-8 0.506
6 Cincinnati Bengals 3-7-1 0.514
7 Los Angeles Rams (pick belongs to Titans) 4-7 0.500
8 Carolina Panthers 4-7 0.538
9 Arizona Cardinals 4-6-1 0.480
10 Indianapolis Colts 5-6 0.483
11 Green Bay Packers 5-6 0.526
12 San Diego Chargers 5-6 0.539
13 New Orleans Saints 5-6 0.540
14 Philadelphia Eagles (pick belongs to Browns) 5-6 0.561
15 Tennessee Titans 6-6 0.463
16 Buffalo Bills 6-5 0.460
17 Minnesota Vikings (pick belongs to Eagles) 6-5 0.480
18 Pittsburgh Steelers 6-5 0.486
19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6-5 0.511
20 Denver Broncos 7-4 0.551

A top 10 pick is possible with the Vikings pick. The above list doesn't show last night's loss (which would move them up one spot right now and also affected their tiebreaker negatively (for us) with the 11 win Cowboys now added to it).

A top 40 pick is possible with our own 2nd round pick. Which would be the 8th pick in the 2nd round.

That would certainly give us some good ammo for this rebuild.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A top 40 pick right now would look like something like this as a potentially pick, barring a trade up by Howie:
Sidney Jones, CB
Royce Freeman, RB
Isaiah Ford, WR
Roderick Johnson, T

Of course, a lot will change by April, and Howie is always going to make trades, so who knows?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draftsite.com has us taking:
Marlon Humphrey, CB, Ala.
Curtis Samuel, WR, OSU
Taylor Moton, T, W.Mich.
Chad Wheeler, T, USC
Nick Linder, C, Miami
Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Ala.
Vince Biegel, LB, Wisc.
Brian Allen, G, Mich.St.
Jessman Dunker, G, Tenn.St.

I like some of these picks, although I would draft more than one WR early, unless we sign a stud WR in FA. They also have us drafting 9 picks, while we only have 8 so far. It is interesting though.
Curtis Samuel is staying for another year at TOSU. At least that's the word coming out of Columbus from what I've heard.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Davis is a young TO ... dude is flat out awesome. The Eagles imo are damn lucky there are 3 receivers in this draft who project as studs at the next level ... Mike Williams, John Ross and Corey Davis are all well worth the Eagles first round pick. I've watched all 3 this year impress game in and game out and don't even care which one of the 3 we get as long as we get one of them.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way it looks to me, we won't have a shot at Williams, barrring a trade up, but I wouldn't do it. However, we should get a shot at Corey Davis or John Ross - maybe both. If we go BPA, then 2 CB's that should be available, are Sidney Jones, and Teez Tabor. At this point, I'm most concerned with surrounding Carson with at least one stud WR, and a stud RB for next year before we go CB. The draft is loaded with good CB's so that's my take.
Rd 1 - Davis or Ross
Rd 2 - CB
Rd 3 - RB.
4. - LB
4b - OL (C)
5. - CB
6.& 7. -BPA

My desire is to get Davis, who has great character, and like you say, he is a T.O. clone - size, speed, catches, moves, and fights for the ball. I really wanted Agholor 2 years ago, but admittedly did not do enough homework on him. Davis, I have, like yourself, and he is my choice, unless Williams would slide down to us, and that would be a good dilemma to think about.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mike Williams will be a top 10 pick and we won't end up top 10 unless the Vikes end up losing out which I don't see happening. I'm totally fine though with either Davis or Ross. Would love to find a way to add RB Dalvin Cook, but not at the expense of not getting one of those 3 receivers.

Last edited:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for a RB, I want to get a stud - fast, strong, receiver, blocker, etc. In other words, and I hate to admit it, but similar to Zeke, or maybe next year getting Barkley. I';m nmot sold on Fournette as far as being shifty, so my question is...is Cook in the category as Zeke or Saquon? If he is, then i could go for him in the 1st and get a good Wr in the 2nd. Otrherwise, I go with one of the 3 stud WR's, and take a CB or RB in the 2nd/3rd. Those 3, I want with our 1st 3 picks next year.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been looking at Davis a lot and he is also my choice. Not because there is a lot of buzz surrounding him from my hometown in Kalamazoo, but more so because th kid can flat out play. He's not a blazer but has pretty good football speed, runs good routes, and runs well after the catch.

If we were to land a free agent WR to go along with drafting one (Davis), who would be your first choice? Is Cleveland's Terrelle Pryor going to stay with the Browns? Would DeSean Jackson come back to the team that drafted him?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take either of those 2, but not sure how the Eagles brass feels about DJAX, and don't know if he would take a reasonable contract or just go for the money. I think he'd want the latter.There are some potential free agents, unless they re-sign , but none are sure things: Marquis Goodwin, Markus Wheaton, or Kenny Stills. I think we have to draft 2 WR's with speed that have ball skills.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut says Davis is gone before we pick

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How funny, just read an article that was just posted about the Eagles heavily pursuing DeSean Jackson this off-season. It's over on the bleeding green site.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather go after Kenny Stills this off season ... 6 years younger, bigger and also has great speed. Unlike Jackson he would give us more than 1 or 2 years. I'd still use my first on receiver ... Stills plus one of Williams, Davis or Ross and you fix the WR problem.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFT thinks the Eagles probably have violated tampering rules. I doubt that, but the foreskins will try to get compensation. I have mixed feelings about DJAX - money, health, and speed. I'd rather get a comlementary WR that catches the ball, and draft a stud WR.

Greenbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Davis is a young TO ... dude is flat out awesome. The Eagles imo are damn lucky there are 3 receivers in this draft who project as studs at the next level ... Mike Williams, John Ross and Corey Davis are all well worth the Eagles first round pick. I've watched all 3 this year impress game in and game out and don't even care which one of the 3 we get as long as we get one of them.

Sign me up!