• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

15 HoF finalists. Who gets in?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morten Andersen
Jerome Bettis
Derrick Brooks
Tim Brown
Edward DeBartolo
Tony Dungy
Kevin Greene
Charles Haley
Marvin Harrison
Walter Jones
John Lynch
Andre Reed
Will Shields
Michael Strahan
Aeneas Williams

Jerome Bettis should get in. This is his 3rd try at it and if he doesn't make it this time he might not.

I think Tony Dungy gets in. If he doesn't it get in it's because the sports writers feel he might want to come back and coach again. (pssst..he played as a Steeler, by the way).

Kevin Greene. Should have been in already. 160 sacks.

Marvin Harrison.

Charles Haley

Tim Brown

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that Brooks, Jones, and Strahan all make it.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morten Andersen
Jerome Bettis
Derrick Brooks
Tim Brown
Edward DeBartolo
Tony Dungy
Kevin Greene
Charles Haley
Marvin Harrison
Walter Jones
John Lynch
Andre Reed
Will Shields
Michael Strahan
Aeneas Williams

Jerome Bettis should get in. This is his 3rd try at it and if he doesn't make it this time he might not.

I think Tony Dungy gets in. If he doesn't it get in it's because the sports writers feel he might want to come back and coach again. (pssst..he played as a Steeler, by the way).

Marvin Harrison.

Charles Haley

Tim Brown

These would be my 5.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Eddie D is not in the HOF is a fucking travesty. That man's generosity and the way he treated EVERYONE involved in the Niner organization was legendary and frankly, copied by every team in the league. He was the one that fostered in the dominant era of 5 Lombardis and the fact that he would have to fight to get into the Hall is absurd given how quickly owners like Rooney were thrown in with less successful overall numbers during their respective times as owner.

Haley should be in as one of the most dominant pass rushers of his time, with rings to show for it.

Tim Brown is a no-brainer.

So is Walter Jones.

The rest can wait.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that Brown will get in. He never made first team all-pro.

Yeah I dont think he will either. Too bad. Guy wasnt GREAT but he was damn good and for a LONG TIME. Something to be said for longevity.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I dont think he will either. Too bad. Guy wasnt GREAT but he was damn good and for a LONG TIME. Something to be said for longevity.

He was a very good if not great player. He was second-team on a couple of all-90's teams, so maybe he will get in. I don't think there are many guys who get in without making first team all-pro at least a couple of times, though.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles Haley should probably make it, if the voters don't hold crazy against him.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see these 5 make it:

Derrick Brooks
Kevin Greene
Walter Jones
Andre Reed
Michael Strahan

I doubt those will be the 5 though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope that Jerome Bettis doesn't get in this time. The guy was good but I never thought once during his career this guy is worthy of the HOF. He was never once in his career considered the best at his position. At best he was maybe 3rd at his position for a couple of years. The only two things he has going for him are the longevity of his career and being 6th in the all-time rushing list. I guess longevity of career isn't as impressive to me as some. I would rather have a guy that say over a 5 year stretch was known as one of the greatest to play the position than a guy that is above average for 15.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see these 5 make it:

Derrick Brooks
Kevin Greene
Walter Jones
Andre Reed
Michael Strahan

I doubt those will be the 5 though.

Brooks made first team all-pro five times. Jones and Strahan both made it four times, so I think those three are pretty much locks. Green made it twice and Reed never did.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Strahan
Brooks
Harrison
Walter Jones

...then the 5th could be a number of 'em IMO.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, along with most other Niner fans, believe that Eddie D SHOULD be in. However, when a guy gets tossed out of the league, it is very difficult to turn around and enshrine the guy in the hallowed halls.

I doubt he will ever get in.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walter Jones should be a lock.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only two things he has going for him are the longevity of his career and being 6th in the all-time rushing list.

Yea, because that doesnt count for much. :rollseyes:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morten Andersen
Jerome Bettis
Derrick Brooks
Tim Brown
Edward DeBartolo
Tony Dungy
Kevin Greene
Charles Haley

Marvin Harrison
Walter Jones
John Lynch
Andre Reed
Will Shields
Michael Strahan
Aeneas Williams

Marvin Harrison.

Charles Haley

Tim Brown

Those would be my picks. I wonder if it will be harder for Harrison to get in because of off of the field stuff since he has retired. I would have him in over Reed without all of that.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it should be Brooks, Jones, Strahan, Haley and like my rivals in San Fran say, Eddie D not being in is a travesty. The guy was one of the best owners that the league has ever had.

As for the other guys, Brown, Reed and Harrison were really good and I liked watching all of them but I don't think any of them are actual HOF worthy. Just my opinion. Bettis, I'm kinda on the fence with. As for Tony Dungy, I like the guy and he made some history but no way do I consider him a HOF coach, sorry.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles Haley should probably make it, if the voters don't hold crazy against him.

I was surprised Haley was at #28 in sacks (100.5). Guy was a fearsome pass rusher, though up-and-down in his career. 5 super bowl rings, 5 pro bowls. It's close, but I think he should get in.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Atwater isnt a finalist but should have been in years ago. The HOF voting is a joke. Tim Brown should have been in years ago as well.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Atwater isnt a finalist but should have been in years ago. The HOF voting is a joke. Tim Brown should have been in years ago as well.

Well, if we're going to take it there....

L.C. Greenwood and Donnie Shell come to mind. There seems to be a moratorium on Steelers from the 70's getting in.

That being said I think Jerome Bettis and Kevin Greene get in this year.