• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

13/14 Sharks Training Camp

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From the Mercury News - Torres skated today to test the knee.

Torres gave his knee its first real test Tuesday since it was surgically repaired on Sept. 26, skating on his own and getting a sense of how much mobility he had at this point.

"You know what? It feels great," he said. "I was out there and did some crossovers and went hard a couple times. Right now it doesn't even feel like I had surgery. Just a little bit of soreness in the knee."

But no, that doesn't mean he'll return to action before the three-to-five months it takes for the knee to heal properly.

"You can't really do that," Torres said. "But everything feels good and everything's on track if not ahead of schedule."

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good - we really need Torres for the POs anyway. No sense coming back too soon. The season is a marathon and honestly the team can do fine without Torres for a couple more months.

I agree. I like being able to watch Nieto play some quality minutes with Pavs. I would assume that when Torres and Havlat come back, Nieto may see Woostah simply due to Nieto requiring quality minutes for development purposes.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Banner! :clap:

Not sure why Sheppard is on the banner.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per Kurz - McLellan confirms Burns is out again tomorrow against the Bruins. Havlat is taking line rushes with Marleau and Couture. Mike Brown wearing #18.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumb: great news on Boyle

:thumbsdown: not so good about Burns

:noidea: don't know what to say about Havlat

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Per Kurz - McLellan confirms Burns is out again tomorrow against the Bruins. Havlat is taking line rushes with Marleau and Couture. Mike Brown wearing #18.

Havlat maybe a week or 2 away from playing?

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's what it's sounding like at the moment.

Nice! I just want him and Torres healthy for the playoffs. This is the best group of forwards they have had in a long time, once they are all healthy. Look how it's changed since the beginning of last season:

Burns: Now a forward, and one of the best on the team. Great call by Likewall, he was saying this all last season, and then it happened.

Hertl: Pretty obvious how good he is, and what he has meant to the team.

Kennedy: Think he ends up on the 3rd line, when all is said and done. I like the move.

Torres: When he gets back, we all know what he brings to the table.

Nieto: I really like this kid. Think he can be a good one.

Hamilton: Haven't seen him play enough, but from what I've read here, could end up being a solid 3rd liner.

The D and Niemi were so good last season.....if the Sharks get that same production from them...this could be an amazing season.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per Pollak in his WTC Blog Burns injury is not just his mouth but nasal and sinus areas as well. That makes a little more sense as to why he's out than just a mouth injury.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per Kurz - McLellan not at practice. He's already in LA after dealing with a prior commitment after the Ottawa game. Nieto is already in LA as well with his family. Sheppard skating along side Thornton and Hertl in practice today. No sign of Burns. Boyle on the ice paired with Irwin. Havlat skating in Nieto's spot.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per Kurz - McLellan not at practice. He's already in LA after dealing with a prior commitment after the Ottawa game. Nieto is already in LA as well with his family. Sheppard skating along side Thornton and Hertl in practice today. No sign of Burns. Boyle on the ice paired with Irwin. Havlat skating in Nieto's spot.

UPDATE: Boyle didn't skate with a regular partner suggesting he will not be in the line up against LA. Burns skated before practice.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burns must have a nose or atoms apple injury.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Burns must have a nose or atoms apple injury.

It sounds like the surgery he had was not limited to his mouth. He needed repairs to the nasal cavity and his sinuses.