• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

13/14 Sharks Training Camp

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't know if it means anything but Tennyson, Sateri, Hamilton, and Doherty were all removed from the Sharks roster page on their official site.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if it means anything but Tennyson, Sateri, Hamilton, and Doherty were all removed from the Sharks roster page on their official site.

They are going to Wor.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They are going to Wor.

Most likely but that leaves the team with only 12 healthy forwards. And even that is assuming Burish is ready to go for the opener. I wonder if this means Havlat is closer to a return than expected. With the team so close to the cap I figured they'd leave Havlat on the IR until he qualified for LTIR (10 games or 30 days) to get a little more cap flexibility.

I'm also a bit surprised we didn't hear anything official on Stewart's PTO yesterday.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
McCarthy, Pelech, and Kearns all cleared waivers.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Most likely but that leaves the team with only 12 healthy forwards. And even that is assuming Burish is ready to go for the opener. I wonder if this means Havlat is closer to a return than expected. With the team so close to the cap I figured they'd leave Havlat on the IR until he qualified for LTIR (10 games or 30 days) to get a little more cap flexibility.

I'm also a bit surprised we didn't hear anything official on Stewart's PTO yesterday.

Just noticed something to add to the point about Havlat. On the Sharks official site it lists Torres on the IR but not Havlat. Who knows, maybe he'll only miss a week or two to start the season.

Final rosters have to be submitted by noon today.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per Kurz, Stewart was not on the ice with the rest of the team this morning which is a good sign he was released from his PTO.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea: no official word on the Sharks 13-14 roster yet.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:noidea: no official word on the Sharks 13-14 roster yet.

The official roster is now posted on the Sharks site. At least it appears to be the official roster. It looks like what we all expected.

Hertl - Thornton - Burns
Marleau - Couture - Kennedy
Nieto - Pavelski - Wingels
Sheppard - Desjardins - Hamilton

Burish - Lower body injury. Is expected back soon.
Havlat - Pelvic surgery. No time table for his return.
Torres - ACL surgery. Out 3-5 months. Is listed on the IR.

Vlasic - Braun
Irwin - Boyle
Hannan - Demers

Stuart - Lower body injury. Is expected back soon.

Niemi
Stalock

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The official roster is now posted on the Sharks site. At least it appears to be the official roster. It looks like what we all expected.

Hertl - Thornton - Burns
Marleau - Couture - Kennedy
Nieto - Pavelski - Wingels
Sheppard - Desjardins - Hamilton

Burish - Lower body injury. Is expected back soon.
Havlat - Pelvic surgery. No time table for his return.
Torres - ACL surgery. Out 3-5 months. Is listed on the IR.

Vlasic - Braun
Irwin - Boyle
Hannan - Demers

Stuart - Lower body injury. Is expected back soon.

Niemi
Stalock

Well, the future is now. The top 3 young forwards on the farm all made the team and are all 21 or younger. With the top guys getting older, this seems to be "the" year to go for it. Once everyone comes back healthy mid year, we'll know well how this team will fare. If nieto and hertl especially can be impact forwards and use their speed well, then it could be exciting. I am quite excited to see so much of the farm start the season in SJ. This is the first year since I can remember when there was so much potential among the young forwards. The sharks havent developed a bona fide sustained top 6 forward outside of cooch since patty marleau (cheech and seto are borderliners, coyle remains to be seen). If Hertl or Nieto step into that role, it will be a real breath of fresh air and make the post patty-jumbo-boyle future look a little more palatable.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, the future is now. The top 3 young forwards on the farm all made the team and are all 21 or younger. With the top guys getting older, this seems to be "the" year to go for it. Once everyone comes back healthy mid year, we'll know well how this team will fare. If nieto and hertl especially can be impact forwards and use their speed well, then it could be exciting. I am quite excited to see so much of the farm start the season in SJ. This is the first year since I can remember when there was so much potential among the young forwards. The sharks havent developed a bona fide sustained top 6 forward outside of cooch since patty marleau (cheech and seto are borderliners, coyle remains to be seen). If Hertl or Nieto step into that role, it will be a real breath of fresh air and make the post patty-jumbo-boyle future look a little more palatable.

This group of forwards look great. Especially when everyone is healthy. It's the defense that has me worried. The Vlasic/Braun pairing showed last year it can be on of the best shutdown pairings in the league but it will do little to aid the offense. The Irwin/Boyle pairing is very good on offense but they are average at best defensively. Demers/Hannan or Stuart is a defensive disaster and you can forget any chance of a sustained offensive attack if they pair Hannan and Stuart together.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per Kurz, McCarthy, Tennyson, Doherty, Kearns, Sateri are headed to Worcester. Pelech is headed to the SF Bulls. Stewart was released from his PTO.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumb: cool, but I do worry about IF the kids can't provide much in the NHL.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I bet Saateri and Stalock do the Woostah shuttle. Stalock getting the last start was a good indicator he was staying but he didnt steal the job. He's a workhorse type goalie and i dont see him fairing well until he can get to a team where he can be the guy.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The D is serviceable. They have boyle on the PP, but I do agree that 5 on 5, they arent gunna get much from the blueline. With all healthy, the forwards should be good, but Im not sold. Last year, they couldnt score against LA and granted they have added Hertl, kennedy, and should have a healthy torres and Havlat and that should make the big difference, but that assumes Hertl is effective at age 19, and that they do stay healthy.

As was said before, lots and lots of question marks, but if all goes well, then the potential is there.

Personally I dont hate the D. I think D is something that can be taught for the most part and LR is the coach to do it. Offense from the D is a different story. However, Boyle, demers, irwin, Braun, and even demers and possibly stuart may all be able to pitch in. Also, one never knows how tennyson will progress or doherty in worcester, not to mention a deadline acquisition. It should be an exciting season...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The D is serviceable. They have boyle on the PP, but I do agree that 5 on 5, they arent gunna get much from the blueline. With all healthy, the forwards should be good, but Im not sold. Last year, they couldnt score against LA and granted they have added Hertl, kennedy, and should have a healthy torres and Havlat and that should make the big difference, but that assumes Hertl is effective at age 19, and that they do stay healthy.

As was said before, lots and lots of question marks, but if all goes well, then the potential is there.

Personally I dont hate the D. I think D is something that can be taught for the most part and LR is the coach to do it. Offense from the D is a different story. However, Boyle, demers, irwin, Braun, and even demers and possibly stuart may all be able to pitch in. Also, one never knows how tennyson will progress or doherty in worcester, not to mention a deadline acquisition. It should be an exciting season...

sorry for the double demers there... oops:-)

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Sharks have recalled Pelech from the SF Bulls and assigned Hamilton to Worcester.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sharks have recalled Pelech from the SF Bulls and assigned Hamilton to Worcester.

:doh: why?

Should have just kept Hamilton on the roster or sent him to SF Bulls.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:doh: why?

Should have just kept Hamilton on the roster or sent him to SF Bulls.

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that they kept Hamilton on the opening day roster to gain a little more LTIR cap relief. The only reason to send Pelech to SF is if you're going to recall him right away. To maximize their LTIR relief the Sharks needed to be as close to the cap limit as possible on opening day. Hamilton has a higher base salary than Pelech and making the opening day roster more than likely earned him some of his bonus money. So not only did it create more LTIR space for the Sharks but also resulted in a nice financial reward for Hamilton for having a good camp.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think this is the second time ive agreed with you maybe third lol:yahoo: