• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

13/14 Sharks Training Camp

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think this is the second time ive agreed with you maybe third lol:yahoo:

hahaha... well, it's a new year. Let's call a truce and get along, eh?

p.s.: Marleau sucks... jk :-)

(actually he looked really good in the preseason game I saw)

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I get it, it all deals with MONEY!!!!! :doh:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
McLellan talked about Havlat's injury today after practice. Per Kurz McLellan believes he'll be back to full practices with the team very soon.

He also said Burish keeps experiencing set backs in his recovery and still isn't skating. Is it wrong that I hope these set backs keep up for the remainder of the season?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
McLellan talked about Havlat's injury today after practice. Per Kurz McLellan believes he'll be back to full practices with the team very soon.

He also said Burish keeps experiencing set backs in his recovery and still isn't skating. Is it wrong that I hope these set backs keep up for the remainder of the season?

Eh Burish on the 4th isnt horrible sends the AHL cannon fodder back down

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought he picked it up at seasons end and was good when he was in the playoffs he was playing with a broken hand

I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he was signed and for most of the regular season but at no point was he ever anything close to what I would consider good. In the PO's he was a marginal upgrade over dressing Tim Kennedy on the 4th line but that's not saying much. He did have the hand injury which I'm sure affected his play but I saw more good out of McCarthy's two games this year than I did out of most of Burish's games last season.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he was signed and for most of the regular season but at no point was he ever anything close to what I would consider good. In the PO's he was a marginal upgrade over dressing Tim Kennedy on the 4th line but that's not saying much. He did have the hand injury which I'm sure affected his play but I saw more good out of McCarthy's two games this year than I did out of most of Burish's games last season.

tell us how you really feel

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not wrong at all.. Burish is terribad. Not worth a roster spot.

And would be nice to have Havlat back so that Kennedy can drop down to the 3rd line (where he'd do much better)... also, I really am not happy with Wingels' play out there... he's really just an average 4th liner, if that.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, not wrong at all.. Burish is terribad. Not worth a roster spot.

And would be nice to have Havlat back so that Kennedy can drop down to the 3rd line (where he'd do much better)... also, I really am not happy with Wingels' play out there... he's really just an average 4th liner, if that.

What about Wingels play so far are you not happy with? He's been good on the forecheck, gotten into the zone fast and been physical (leads the team in hits I believe) which has created a ton of space for Pavelski and Nieto and forced a lot of turnovers that resulted in scoring chances for that line. He's been responsible in his own zone and pretty good in his limited PK time. My only minor complaint is he needs to use his wrist shot more. He's been trying to force passes to Pavelski the last two or three games. He's got one of the hardest wrist shots in the NHL he should be using it as much as he can. Especially with the rebounds it will create and how hard Pavelski and Nieto crash the net.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure... now that you wrote all that, it sounds like he hasn't been doing all that bad and maybe I'm just biased and have unreasonable expectations from him.

It's hard to put into words what I think he's doing wrong, so not sure... It just seems like he's not very good with the puck, I guess? And when he's not shooting, he can't stick handle and he loses it too much, or makes an errant pass and kills the o-zone time... I swear he used to be better at the cycling too, but that whole line doesn't seem to be able to do it much (or they choose not to).

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not sure... now that you wrote all that, it sounds like he hasn't been doing all that bad and maybe I'm just biased and have unreasonable expectations from him.

It's hard to put into words what I think he's doing wrong, so not sure... It just seems like he's not very good with the puck, I guess? And when he's not shooting, he can't stick handle and he loses it too much, or makes an errant pass and kills the o-zone time... I swear he used to be better at the cycling too, but that whole line doesn't seem to be able to do it much (or they choose not to).

I get that. I find myself yelling at him to shoot the puck more than anyone on the team. He can at times be a frustrating player to watch and he does, on occasion, have a case of cement hands when he's handling the puck.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Burish is going to be out a while. Apparently the injury he was dealing with is a back injury and his latest set back is going to require him to have surgery to repair it.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Burish is going to be out a while. Apparently the injury he was dealing with is a back injury and his latest set back is going to require him to have surgery to repair it.

This is just fine.... his nearly 2M salary is wasted space so having the LTIR relief there maybe be a blessing in disguise. The sharks definitely dont need him now and they really dont need him once havlat and torres come back. Wit his salary cap sapce freed, it could be useful down the road near deadline time if dougie wants to add some depth on D. Right now, they have 7 Dmen, but if there are multiple injuries then Tennyson would have to step in. It would be nice to have a few mil around deadline time to add depth if needed.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Havlat particpated in the full team practice taday fort the first time. Usually a sign he's less than two weeks away from returning.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Havlat particpated in the full team practice taday fort the first time. Usually a sign he's less than two weeks away from returning.

he was spotted limping after practice with a trail of sand behind him

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:thumb: good news, I really think Havlat will help Hertl get familiar with his teammates.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In former Sharks news, after being demoted to the 4th line or benched in three of their last four games, Setoguchi was a healthy scratch tonight against the Blues.

Poor kid. I was hoping the move to Winnipeg would go well for him.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In more former Sharks news Marco Strum has retired.