• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

12 'Canes may be ineligible

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Miami expected to declare 12 players ineligible - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN

The University of Miami was expected to declare ineligible 12 football players who are subject to an investigation by the NCAA over the booster scandal, the Miami Herald reported Thursday.

Miami was yet to declare any players ineligible by Wednesday afternoon, the paper reported, but was likely to take action "within the next week" in the hope of forcing a ruling on their reinstatement from the NCAA and potentially increase their chances of playing in Sept. 5's season opener at Maryland.

The school would otherwise face the risk of heavy penalties that would be issued should the implicated players take to the field and later be found to have violated NCAA rules.

"If those players aren't first declared ineligible, then reinstated, before they participate and they're found to have violated rules, the school will be in much deeper trouble," a source told the Herald.

UM president Donna Shalala confirmed Monday the NCAA was reviewing the eligibility of 15 current student-athletes following a series of bombshell allegations by a former booster.

The announcement came a week after the release of a report detailing how former Miami booster Nevin Shapiro allegedly provided millions of dollars' worth of illegal benefits to at least 72 former and current Miami athletes between 2002 and 2010.

Shapiro, currently incarcerated for his role in a $930 million Ponzi scheme, told Yahoo! Sports benefits for Miami players included cash, prostitutes, entertainment, trips, jewelry, bounties for on-field play and even an abortion on one occasion.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they can try to handle this themselves, but if the NCAA didn't let tOSU do it, why would they let Miami? Miami will be Peeuunished.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is North Carolina circa 2010. Huge news.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Jacory is eligible by Oct. 8, things should be alright.

Also, think about this...

Last year, LSU played against half of UNCs team because of their thug actions in a major week 1 matchup.

This year LSU is again playing in one of those big week 1 classics, but they will be missing a good portion of players.

...kind of funny

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Jacory is eligible by Oct. 8, things should be alright.

All of the Miami fans in my office are celebrating that Harris is out. They all assumed that it was just other teams boosters that were paying him.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the Miami fans in my office are celebrating that Harris is out. They all assumed that it was just other teams boosters that were paying him.

Jacory Harris was certainly one of the MVPs of the 31-7 ass kicking that we gave them in 2009. He was hurt past season. He got knocked out.....against Virginia.

I will repeat that last line for emphasis....

He was knocked (literally) out cold.....AGAINST VIRGINIA (argyle end zone, loafer wearing, Chardonnay drinking, scissor helmet, fucking VIRGINIA)

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacory Harris was certainly one of the MVPs of the 31-7 ass kicking that we gave them in 2009. He was hurt past season. He got knocked out.....against Virginia.

I will repeat that last line for emphasis....

He was knocked (literally) out cold.....AGAINST VIRGINIA (argyle end zone, loafer wearing, Chardonnay drinking, scissor helmet, fucking VIRGINIA)

Those bastards!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really thought it was 100% Jacory Harris' fault. His offensive line is straight handicapped. I will never forget watching O'Brien Schofield burn the entire left side of the offense...then the center and the fullback...to wind up smashing poor Harris from the blind side.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really thought it was 100% Jacory Harris' fault. His offensive line is straight handicapped. I will never forget watching O'Brien Schofield burn the entire left side of the offense...then the center and the fullback...to wind up smashing poor Harris from the blind side.

You can argue that as a presnap mismatch, which he should have identified in his read. I know they don't run a very complex offense, but when it's the same stuff for the last two years... well, it's time to change things up.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Da UUUUUUUUUU