• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

12-9-12 Dolphin vs 49ers GDT

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone catch donte Whitney's old school gold niner jacket in his post game interview? Looks damn sweet!!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kaepper!

Just watched the DVR when I got back from the ZZ Top concert and man, did Kaepernick get around the corner fast on that TD run! I gotta give the guy credit for that speed. He looked pretty decent today, not much you could fault him for. The O line fucked him for the most part.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still waiting to be shown how the 49ers are so vulnerable to the TE spot.

OT: Joseph Morgan BIG, insane catch for New Orleans. His one big, insane catch per game.

You must have had your head up your ass on the Fasano TD immediately after I told you the Niners were vulnerable to the TE?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You must have had your head up your ass on the Fasano TD immediately after I told you the Niners were vulnerable to the TE?

Seven more teams have had more success defending the TE spot this season. Your thoughts?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seven more teams have had more success defending the TE spot this season. Your thoughts?

That doesn't ease my worries about our struggles with the TE even a little bit.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That they cannot seem to stop the opposition's TE. Thank goodness Gronkowski will not play this weekend.

Is it possible your fears are unwarranted? Forgive me for not coming up with a better word. Since the Vikings game, in 10 games, the 49ers have given up 35 receptions for 316 yards and 2 TDs to the TE position. That's a game average of 3.5 receptions for 31.6 yards and 0.2 TDs, which I think puts them in the top 5 over the last 10 games.

The 49ers also have a top 7-10 grade in defending the TE spot, according to Football Outsiders. Before the Miami game, Scouts Inc. had the 49ers as a top 5 defense in defending the TE spot, according to their advanced numbers. Dallas Morning News had the 49ers at 8, according to their game reviews.

The only thing that causes me to pause just a little bit is they gave up 4 TDs in the first 3 games to 3 of the more talented TEs they have faced this season.

I would have to go back and look at what the Packers, Lions, and Vikings did with their respective TEs that allowed them to score because I can't remember that far back.

A big reason why I'm not sounding any alarm, and the reason why I questioned you is because none of these other sites that puts metrics, numbers and these grades on things supports the idea that the 49ers have struggled vs. the TE in comparison to other teams this season?

I'm willing to listen to anything that might make me change my position.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible your fears are unwarranted? Forgive me for not coming up with a better word. Since the Vikings game, in 10 games, the 49ers have given up 35 receptions for 316 yards and 2 TDs to the TE position. That's a game average of 3.5 receptions for 31.6 yards and 0.2 TDs, which I think puts them in the top 5 over the last 10 games.

The 49ers also have a top 7-10 grade in defending the TE spot, according to Football Outsiders. Before the Miami game, Scouts Inc. had the 49ers as a top 5 defense in defending the TE spot, according to their advanced numbers. Dallas Morning News had the 49ers at 8, according to their game reviews.

The only thing that causes me to pause just a little bit is they gave up 4 TDs in the first 3 games to 3 of the more talented TEs they have faced this season.

I would have to go back and look at what the Packers, Lions, and Vikings did with their respective TEs that allowed them to score because I can't remember that far back.

A big reason why I'm not sounding any alarm, and the reason why I questioned you is because none of these other sites that puts metrics, numbers and these grades on things supports the idea that the 49ers have struggled vs. the TE in comparison to other teams this season?

I'm willing to listen to anything that might make me change my position.

Stop using common sense; its not fair

Modhnoiri

An mbeidh ár Lá Tar!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about time you 2 ^^^^ came to some middle ground.

Thank you.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about time you 2 ^^^^ came to some middle ground.

Thank you.

Its more my fault than his. My style just gets on his nerves and Chris does a great job of bringing information to the board; I have to give him that.