• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 12/31 CFB Semi-Final #2 Georgia - Ohio St ESPN

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State played a great game, Georgia was just a little better tonight. Really might come down to the fourth down play that was reviewed and led to Georgia's last field goal. That was a an amazing game of inches.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down 6, you gotta score when you can.
Not in that situation that fast. They weren’t getting ball back no matter what so score slow. Don’t rush and give Ohio st a chance back and especially while having 2 timeouts

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, what a perfect ending to kicking that ass…

As much as I wanted it to be a Michigan/Georgia rematch, some of the pain from losing earlier today has been erased by watching osu fall in the last minute of a game they felt was theirs
Send a gift basket to the officiating crew. Overturning the targeting call on MHJ, overturning a loss of downs, a TO by Smart that refs called after ball was already snapped on a fake punt.

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send a gift basket to the officiating crew. Overturning the targeting call on MHJ, overturning a loss of downs, a TO by Smart that refs called after ball was already snapped on a fake punt.

Or a gift basket to the osu defense that couldn’t stop Georgia from scoring 42 points. That is what cost you the game, not the refs.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or a gift basket to the osu defense that couldn’t stop Georgia from scoring 42 points. That is what cost you the game, not the refs.
I'm gonna call BS on this. If you look at that shot to MHJ head and neck area. He was defenseless on that play and the Georgia player launched at him, regardless if it was his shoulder. It appeared it was both helmet and shoulder that connected to Harrison's head. Bottom line is that the play should have not been ov e returned. Fact is the crew was not going to eject a player with these stakes on the line. Fact, ohio state would have been on the 1 yard line with 1st and goal. They probably get a TD instead they settled for the FG. I get it, you are a Michigan fan and of course you will favor the overturned call. Watch that play and tell me how they could overturn that call. That was just one of a few daggers that killed us. MHJ is by far the best WR in all of college football. Hes not easily replaceable.
And yes, our defense is still a work in progress. Our secondary, is just a shit show. Still should have won.

Boglodyte

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna call BS on this. If you look at that shot to MHJ head and neck area. He was defenseless on that play and the Georgia player launched at him, regardless if it was his shoulder. It appeared it was both helmet and shoulder that connected to Harrison's head. Bottom line is that the play should have not been ov e returned. Fact is the crew was not going to eject a player with these stakes on the line. Fact, ohio state would have been on the 1 yard line with 1st and goal. They probably get a TD instead they settled for the FG. I get it, you are a Michigan fan and of course you will favor the overturned call. Watch that play and tell me how they could overturn that call. That was just one of a few daggers that killed us. MHJ is by far the best WR in all of college football. Hes not easily replaceable.
And yes, our defense is still a work in progress. Our secondary, is just a shit show. Still should have won.
These osu tears help take the sting away from the Michigan loss yesterday. Keep them flowing, please

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Always the same BS w/the fvcking officials. I can overlook some of the other crap, but overturning the targeting call is unforgivable. They try to act like they're changing the game to make it safer for the players, but clearly they are not. Pretty soon, no one w/any talent is ever going to want to play past the regular season... hell, we might get to the point where guaranteed 1st rounders don't even finish the regular season.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These osu tears help take the sting away from the Michigan loss yesterday. Keep them flowing, please

Not sure tears will be enough after seeing that. UM should have won. All they needed to do was not constantly give the ball away.

Boglodyte

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no, Michigans loss was more embarrasing, and that sting can't be eased with tears of your rival.

Not sure tears will be enough after seeing that. UM should have won. All they needed to do was not constantly give the ball away.

I have been begging for 6 years for some one to take Jim off our hands. I’m hoping this showing, once again, of Jim’s inability to win the big games will lead to fruition.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of amazing CFP games yesterday.

Obviously in today's day and age of football, you need to be able to score points and throw the football. Rules have been so favored towards offense that defense is extremely difficult to play against spread teams with a QB that can sling it to a bunch of fast dudes that can't be touched.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been begging for 6 years for some one to take Jim off our hands. I’m hoping this showing, once again, of Jim’s inability to win the big games will lead to fruition.

What other options are there? Jim won the BIG two years in a row now and has taken you to the playoffs. Get rid of him and you risk going back to some of the previous coaches that could barely get you a winning season.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other options are there? Jim won the BIG two years in a row now and has taken you to the playoffs. Get rid of him and you risk going back to some of the previous coaches that could barely get you a winning season.
Rumors I'm hearing are Harbaugh is leaving for the NFL, so Meat Chicken may not have a choice.

Also hearing crazy shit that Day may be leaving Ohio State?

Boglodyte

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, it could get a coach that can win it all. Yes, it’s a crap shoot, but I saw Jim coach in the past, and never thought highly of him. My opinion hasn’t changed at all. He is not the right man for the job. I say the same about Ryan Day not being able to win the big game too, but that should have osu fans calling for his dismissal, not me

Boglodyte

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking about the hit in the endzone? He was almost catching the ball when the guy hit him and he didn’t spear him in the head. It was clean and a hard hit

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors I'm hearing are Harbaugh is leaving for the NFL, so Meat Chicken may not have a choice.

Also hearing crazy shit that Day may be leaving Ohio State?

I keep hearing that too, but it would seem to be in both of their best interests to stay in CFB. The NFL coaching carousel would love to bring them in, but you get spit right back out if you don't produce in that first year or two.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking about the hit in the endzone? He was almost catching the ball when the guy hit him and he didn’t spear him in the head. It was clean and a hard hit

Shoulder pads or helmet... doesn't matter. He still launched himself at the other players head which knocked him out of the game. The goal shouldn't be to kill someone just so you can win the game. It was a dirty, cheap shot and he should have been penalized.