• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

11 team fantasy playoff, you pick the winners thread

dnemchik

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of how many teams are including in a playoffs, there will be a debate about who gets in and who gets left out. That debate could fill a whole thread all by itself. When we get the 4 team playoff next year, there will be thread after thread debating the choices made. But for the sake of SKIPPING that debate for this fantasy playoff thread, Im going to do the following:

Criteria for inclusion is AP ranking and power 5 conference champs
Seeding is power 5 conference champs seeded 1 thru 5 using Dec 8 AP ranking
Seeds 6 thru 11 are NON power 5 conference champs seeded using Dec 8 AP ranking

Here are the 11 teams:
(r)=Dec 8 rank, (s)= playoff seed
(r1), (s1) Florida State (AC champs, wildcard bye)
(r2), (s2) Auburn (SE champs, wildcard bye)
(r4), (s3) Michigan State (B10 champs, wildcard bye)
(r5), (s4) Stanford (Pac champs, wildcard bye)
(r6), (s5) Baylor (B12 champs, wildcard bye)
(r3), (s6) Alabama (SE)
(r7), (s7) Ohio State (B10)
(r8), (s8) South Carolina (SE)
(r9), (s9) Missouri (SE)
(r10), (s10) Oregon (Pac)
(r11), (s11) Oklahoma (B12)

Here is the 11 team fantasy playoffs
Satur Dec 7, 2013 . . power 5 conference title games
. . 1 week gap (seeding announced from Dec 8 AP rankings)
Satur Dec 14, 2013 . . 6 teams in the WILDCARD (seeds 6 thru 11)
. . 1 week gap
Satur Dec 21, 2013 . . 8 teams in the QUARTERS (5 conf winners + 3 wildcard winners)
. . 1 + a half week gap
Wednes Jan 1, 2014 . . 4 teams in the SEMIS
. . 1 + a half week gap
Mon Jan 13, 2014 . . 2 teams in the CHAMPIONSHIP

dnemchik

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make your picks
First up

WILDCARD . ROUND

(s6) Alabama (SE) . . vs . . (s11) Oklahoma (B12)
pick your winner

(s7) Ohio State (B10) . . vs . . (s10) Oregon (Pac)
pick your winner

(s8) South Carolina (SE) . . vs . . (s9) Missouri (SE)
pick your winner

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF?

Alabama
Ohio State
South Carolina

So how do you determine the winner of Ohio State and Oregon and South Carolina Missouri? Is this according to some fantasy rule that is a complete secret that only the OP knows?

dnemchik

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have controversy brewing and we're not even out of the Wildcard Round yet.

How about this: Pick a winner for each game starting with the Wildcard Games + keep going the whole way thru until you pick a champion

Wildcard...........................Quarters......................................Semi....................Championship
......................................(s1) Florida State (AC champs)
(s8) South Carolina (SE)..........vs........................................(s1) (s8/9) winner
......vs.............................(s8) (s9) winner
(s9) Missouri (SE)....................................................................vs.................semifinal winner
......................................(s4) Stanford (Pac champs)
............................................vs......................................(s4) (s5) winner
......................................(s5) Baylor (B12 champs)
........................................................................................................................vs
......................................(s3) Michigan State (B10 champs)
(s6) Alabama (SE)..................vs........................................(s3) (s6/11) winner
......vs.............................(s6) (s11) winner
(s11) Oklahoma (B12)..............................................................vs..................semifinal winner
......................................(s2) Auburn (SE champs)
(s7) Ohio State (B10).............vs........................................(s2) (s7/10) winner
......vs.............................(s7) (s10) winner
(s10) Oregon (Pac)

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about this: Pick a winner for each game starting with the Wildcard Games + keep going the whole way thru until you pick a champion

Wildcard...........................Quarters......................................Semi....................Championship
(s8) South Carolina (SE)..........vs........................................(s1) (s8/9) winner
(s9) Missouri (SE)....................................................................vs.................semifinal winner
............................................vs......................................(s4) (s5) winner
........................................................................................................................vs
(s6) Alabama (SE)..................vs........................................(s3) (s6/11) winner
(s11) Oklahoma (B12)..............................................................vs..................semifinal winner
(s7) Ohio State (B10).............vs........................................(s2) (s7/10) winner
(s10) Oregon (Pac)

Alabama.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make your picks
First up

WILDCARD . ROUND

(s6) Alabama (SE) . . vs . . (s11) Oklahoma (B12)
pick your winner

(s7) Ohio State (B10) . . vs . . (s10) Oregon (Pac)
pick your winner

(s8) South Carolina (SE) . . vs . . (s9) Missouri (SE)
pick your winner

Alabama
Ohio St
South Carolina

dnemchik

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama
Oregon
Missouri

If youre going to pick Missouri over SCarolina you need to give reasons. Missouri lost at home to SCarolina earlier this year. What would cause the outcome to change now ?

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama
Oregon
S. Carolina

dnemchik

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

(s10) Oregon (Pac)
If Alabama gets past Oklahoma in the Wildcard and then past MichiganState in the quarters, a possible opponent for the semis will be Auburn. Are you ready for a second round of Auburn ?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Alabama gets past Oklahoma in the Wildcard and then past MichiganState in the quarters, a possible opponent for the semis will be Auburn. Are you ready for a second round of Auburn ?

Hell yeah I'm ready for a second round of Auburn. They barely won and it required Alabama screwing up a bunch, some help from the refs etc.

Auburn is the one that doesn't want a second round of Alabama, bet on that.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah I'm ready for a second round of Auburn. They barely won and it required Alabama screwing up a bunch, some help from the refs etc.

I'd agree with this. Bama would be PISSED and I doubt they go 0 for 4 on field goals. I'd take Bama in a blowout in a rematch.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If youre going to pick Missouri over SCarolina you need to give reasons. Missouri lost at home to SCarolina earlier this year. What would cause the outcome to change now ?

Fair enough. Give Missouri Franklin back and Carolina Shaw for the full game and I think Missouri would be the better team. No way Carolina holds them to 17 points in regulation on a neutral field.

dnemchik

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we had a 11 team playoff this year and it was Alabama vs Oklahoma, it turns out they wouldnt get another shot at Auburn

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have liked to play the Alabama team that showed up last night! McCarron had the worst half of football I had ever seen him have in the 2nd half.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had a 11 team playoff this year and it was Alabama vs Oklahoma, it turns out they wouldnt get another shot at Auburn

Wouldn't be so sure about that. Alabama didn't win, but it's not a game they couldn't win.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have liked to play the Alabama team that showed up last night! McCarron had the worst half of football I had ever seen him have in the 2nd half.

Alabama offense wasn't the problem really. And AJ made some bad decisions, but the OL was the real issue.

Oklahoma came out and executed. I would say that was the biggest reason Oklahoma won.

dnemchik

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be so sure about that. Alabama didn't win, but it's not a game they couldn't win.
Alabama offense wasn't the problem really. And AJ made some bad decisions, but the OL was the real issue.

Oklahoma came out and executed. I would say that was the biggest reason Oklahoma won.
Win or lose on the field is what football is all about and therefore claiming a national champion without a proper playoff is a joke. Certainly next years 4 team playoff will be a huge improvement but until the best teams take the field against each other, d1a college football will continue to have a fantasy national champion

You may favor an 8 team playoff or a 16 team playoff or an 11 team one like I do, but if they dont put the 5 power5 conference champs (+ at least the highest ranked conference champ from among the other conferences) on the field against each other, youll still have a fantasy paper champion

Even if you dont favor an 11 team playoff like I do. If you include at least the 5 power5 conference champs + the highest ranked conference champ from among the other d1a conferences, youll have 6 teams that legitimately deserve a shot at the championship. Add 2 more teams and you have 8 for a quarterfinal

Theres about 125 d1a teams. Letting the top 8 (or top 11) fight it out on the field is long overdue