• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#11 Michigan @ #13 Wisconsin. Who ya got?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hasn't been the worst division since the inception of the division being labeled West, which was 2014. I do think the division was probably overrated this season based on expectations and how they've performed thus far as a division.

I don’t even include this year, because the season is only two games in.

That said — the West division hasn’t been out of the bottom 1/3 of P5 division rankings yet. It has been between 7-9th depending on the year.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?!? You think Colorado is the only thing someone can say about Nebraska?!?

That’s just the latest.

No. As others have pointed out. it's simply a distraction.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That said — the West division hasn’t been out of the bottom 1/3 of P5 division rankings yet. It has been between 7-9th depending on the year.
That's just not right man. There's been multiple years the division has finished with 3 ranked teams including 3 where they had a top 10 team ( in 5 years ). It's a mediocre division in general but it's superior ( since 2014 ) to the Coastal and P12 South and there's been years it's better than a few others . As stated earlier the only real difference between the East and West is OSU.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That last part isn't true. In 2017 it was better than the Pac 12 South, SEC East and ACC Coastal.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just not right man. There's been multiple years the division has finished with 3 ranked teams including 3 where they had a top 10 team ( in 5 years ). It's a mediocre division in general but it's superior ( since 2014 ) to the Coastal and P12 South and there's been years it's better than a few others . As stated earlier the only real difference between the East and West is OSU.

You have your opinion, but the ACC Coastal, P12 South and B1G West are viewed as the weakest divisions and it is interchangeable by year. And the PAC 12 South, it is only a matter of time before USC finds the right coach and they will be back (I’m betting it is Urban Meyer and as soon as next year) and that division will move out of that spot. The problem with the B1G West — they don’t have any teams who are going to be bringing in elite recruiting classes on a regular or even semi-regular basis, so it isn’t as if it is going to get better any time soon.

And I agree, when Michigan was really down, you could swap out OSU and it’d be no different — that isn’t the case now. With UM, at least respectable now (finishing in to top 15 3 of the last 4 years) to go with MSU, PSU and OSU — the only division tougher is the SEC West.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last part isn't true. In 2017 it was better than the Pac 12 South, SEC East and ACC Coastal.
Disagree about being better than the SEC East. Isn’t 2017 when Georgia went to the National Title game?!?!

The 2nd place NW faced the 4th place 7-6 SEC East team and it was 24-23.

If it isn’t when they went to the title game — disregard. I’m half asleep right now.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need. I can just post about it here, when you make a comment.:suds:

To distract from the Michigan @ Wisconsin discussion.

Like I said. You're too lazy or too retarded to figure out how to make a Nebraska @ Colorado thread.

yodamode

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree about being better than the SEC East. Isn’t 2017 when Georgia went to the National Title game?!?!

If it isn’t when they went to the title game — disregard. I’m half asleep right now.

Georgia's Title appearance doesn't make the conference great.

Florida has been mediocre to decent at best since losing Urban
Kentucky is a below average to average team annually
Missouri is a poor team annually
SC has been average at best since losing Steve as their HC
Vandy is one of the worst team in the NCAA
Tennessee has slowly declined to become one of the worst teams in the NCAA.

So basically it's Georgia and a bunch of sub par teams.

At least the West has Wisconsin with Iowa and Northwestern who consistently rotate on having really good teams. I'm still waiting for Scott Frost to turn Nebraska back to the 1990's Nebraska team but it feels like he's all hype like Harbaugh has been so far.

Overall I'd take the west over the SEC East, both ACC divisions, and the PAC South over the last 4-5 years or so. I believe the West in head to head matchups vs the East is close to tied since the divisions were created in the BIG. Nebraska still needs to step up though and Lovie Smith should've been fired after year one but he's black like the FSU coach so he'll keep his job for another decade.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, and the rest of the division was awful.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both divisions were awful, but one had Georgia, the other didn’t.

Well according to Sagarin the SEC East was significantly worse than the B1GW that season. SEC East graded out as the worst division that year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To distract from the Michigan @ Wisconsin discussion.

Like I said. You're too lazy or too retarded to figure out how to make a Nebraska @ Colorado thread.

Has anyone reminded that goofy homer mazeNblew09 that the Huskers are in rebuilding mode right now? I know he can't figure that out for himself.

But there are no excuses for how meeeechegan struggled w/ a non P5 program in Army. I really hope Wisky runs all over them this weekend. His lame excuses will be funny.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone reminded that goofy homer mazeNblew09 that the Huskers are in rebuilding mode right now? I know he can't figure that out for himself.

But there are no excuses for how meeeechegan struggled w/ a non P5 program in Army. I really hope Wisky runs all over them this weekend. His lame excuses will be funny.

No, but I've reminded him that Harbaugh did better with Brady Hoke recruits than he's done with his own.

That was the reason why Michigan wasn't beating tOSU and making the CFP the first 2 years.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3, 2, 1, .....

"Yeah, but what about Colorado :lol:"

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God help me but in about to defend Nebraska ...

Up til last year the Huskers and Wolverines had the overall exact same conference record since 2011 ( when Nebraska joined the B10 ). Huskers had the better record from 2011-2016 including the 3 years the 2 were in the same division

Ostensibly the only difference in conference play between the 2 programs is last year when the Huskers were breaking in a new staff and QB at the same time.

Really , for the vast majority of their time we conference rivals, the 2 teams have been the same .

Michigan has a better win %, Nebraska made a conference title game and neither of them can beat Iowa... ( Ok that last part made me feel better )

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3, 2, 1, .....

"Yeah, but what about Colorado :lol:"

The only person that's holding onto that CU loss is mazeNblew09. And while that loss was a bad one for your Huskers it's not nearly as bad as this one. I don't care that it happened years ago, it's one of the worst in the history of CFB.

Sports-Illustrated-Cover.jpg