• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#11 Michigan @ #13 Wisconsin. Who ya got?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, 6 or 7 years, instead of 7 or 8. WAAAAY better. How many times has Nebraska finished as a top 15 team in the past 18 years?!? Can you validate that for me?!?

That is also a lie.

7 years would be 2012. Nebraska finished #25 in AP and #23 in Coaches
6 years would be 2013. Nebraska finished #25 in Coaches.

Stop lying. :L

Here is the truth.

Nebraska hasn't finished in the Top 25 in 5 years

That wasn't so hard.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think that's the problem. He doesn't have many great wins. 2016 PSU and Wisconsin the only two that come to mind.

No doubt. I agree 100%. I’ve said on UM boards, at what point will Harbaugh be held accountable?!? The team has been sloppy and undisciplined thru 2 weeks this year.

And the UM slappies respond with — UM has like the 5th most wins since he took over as HC or something ridiculous like that.

All he has done is got UM to be on a level to beat the lesser teams and lose to teams who can match the talent.

It is year 5 at Michigan and Harbaugh has had exactly 2 starts by QB’s he recruited out of HS. And those only happened because our 1st and 2nd string were hurt. That was the ONE REASON I was excited about getting him. Instead, our QB’s have played good, but nothing special at all.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is also a lie.

7 years would be 2012. Nebraska finished #25 in AP and #23 in Coaches
6 years would be 2013. Nebraska finished #25 in Coaches.

Stop lying. :L

Here is the truth.

Nebraska hasn't finished in the Top 25 in 5 years

That wasn't so hard.

I didn’t catch your answer to how many times in the past 18 years you’ve finish in the top 15.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right. PSU curb stomped us during a whiteout game. Wasn’t even close. OSU always seems to curb stomp us.

Utah was his first game as coach. Wisconsin we started Brandon Peters, after Speight and O’Korn were injured.

So definitely not good, but not as bad as it sounds. Though many fans are up in arms over his record against top 10 teams. I think that is worse than the 0-6. I think he is 1-9 in games with top 10 teams.

That is the game I told you the previous week that Michigan's "top ranked defense" was an "over-rated paper tiger, because they hadn't played an offense with a pulse".

You didn't like that at all. We bantered about it for days until.... 42-13 Penn St.

LMFAO!!!!

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading to the campground for an overnighter. Gotta practice my beer drinking for Saturday. With that said, Michigan best glue their teeth in or they will be leaving them on the field at Camp Randall. Did I say they have ugly cheerleaders, because if I didn't ----they have ugly cheerleaders.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t catch your answer to how many times in the past 18 years you’ve finish in the top 15.

I didn't need to validate the truth. I needed to validate the lies you added.

That is a must when dealing with any Michigan homer. Validate Validate Validate.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this thread still going. The answer is Wisconsin.

They're like #1 in every offensive and defensive stat in the country. Our offense looks like poop and we're playing in Wisconsin. I'm resigned to the fact that I'm going to watch a horrible game on Saturday where Wisconsin runs Taylor at us for 200 yards and 3td's.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this thread still going. The answer is Wisconsin.

They're like #1 in every offensive and defensive stat in the country. Our offense looks like poop and we're playing in Wisconsin. I'm resigned to the fact that I'm going to watch a horrible game on Saturday where Wisconsin runs Taylor at us for 200 yards and 3td's.

Who really knows?

Something stinks about the spread at Wiscy (-3.5) IMO.

On paper it should be (-7) or more.

Bet the farm is typically a sign of "Watch out for the dog".

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the game I told you the previous week that Michigan's "top ranked defense" was an "over-rated paper tiger, because they hadn't played an offense with a pulse".

You didn't like that at all. We bantered about it for days until.... 42-13 Penn St.

LMFAO!!!!

I didn’t realize I needed to spell out what curb stomped means to a Nebraska fan. I’d think with as many times as you’ve witnessed Nebraska get curb stomped over the past decade plus, I wouldn’t need to.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so, but my point is, only fans of a shit program would feel the need to point it out.

I’m just having fun with my friends from Nebraska. Sometimes they forget they aren’t in the Big 8 anymore.:suds:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who really knows?

Something stinks about the spread at Wiscy (-3.5) IMO.

On paper it should be (-7) or more.

Bet the farm is typically a sign of "Watch out for the dog".
The only thing that could make that true is if Michigan all of a sudden clicks on offense but based on the first two games that seems unlikely against a much better defense.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t realize I needed to spell out what curb stomped means to a Nebraska fan. I’d think with as many times as you’ve witnessed Nebraska get curb stomped over the past decade plus, I wouldn’t need to.

I wasn't the one racing through message boards telling everybody how Michigan had the "top ranked defense".

I simply looked at your opponents offense rankings and validated that Michigan's defense was likely an over-rated paper tiger.

Sure enough.... Penn St 42-13.

#TrustMeYouWereWrong

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that could make that true is if Michigan all of a sudden clicks on offense but based on the first two games that seems unlikely against a much better defense.

And with Wisconsin at only (-3.5) that should make any bettor question why Vegas isn't seeing 'the obvious'.

Vegas is saying on a neutral field these two are a coin flip.

Just sayin'.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Michigan struggled with Army because they were looking ahead to Wisconsin" - Michigan homer

"Couldn't be that. Michigan had a buy week (two weeks off) before Wisconsin" - Common sense

"Well Michigan struggled with Army because of Army's "triple threat" offense" - Michigan homer.

"Couldn't be that. Army's triple option only scored 14 points in regulation" - Common sense

"Well Michigan struggled with Army because Michigan had 3 turnovers" - Michigan homer

"Couldn't be that. Army also had 3 turnovers. Army was leading 14-7 with 7 minutes in the 4th quarter. They were inside the Michigan 5 and threw an interception on 2nd down." - Common sense

"Yeah but, Nebraska has finished the year in the top 15 in the country exactly ONCE (14th) in the past 18 years"

That is a conversation with a Michigan homer....

Nowhere have I said UM looked past Army. They prepared defensively (according to the coaching staff) for Army before the season and even during preparing for MTSU, as Army is the only team they’ve faced running that offense.

And the difference in the turnovers is — Army turned their turnovers into 14 points. The 14 they scored in regulation. UM forced a fumble in regulation and returned it for a TD and the refs said his knee was down, which it wasn’t. Play couldn’t be reviewed. Next play, UM fumbled it right back to Army. And the final turnover UM had was on the final play of the game.

And UM was lucky to even win against Army, so no clue what you are talking about?!? Michigan struggled because they played sloppy and undisciplined. The same way they played in week 1 against MTSU. That’s on our coaching staff for all the mental mistakes. They were just lucky to be playing less talented teams.

Lastly, I don’t care who you are, the Nebraska fact is just funny. Imagine how bad they’d be if they played in a halfway decent division.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And UM was lucky to even win against Army, so no clue what you are talking about?!? Michigan struggled because they played sloppy and undisciplined. The same way they played in week 1 against MTSU. That’s on our coaching staff for all the mental mistakes. They were just lucky to be playing less talented teams.

Glad we got that stuff cleared up after 10 fucking pages.

Bo-Pelini-Drunk.jpg

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with Wisconsin at only (-3.5) that should make any bettor question why Vegas isn't seeing 'the obvious'.

Vegas is saying on a neutral field these two are a coin flip.

Just sayin'.

From a betting line perspective, I think it's probably right. The line has shifted a ton since August.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan turned it over 3 times and both Army td’s came after two of the fumbles.

Hell, Michigan has lost, I think 5 fumbles thru the 1st two games. They lost 3 fumbles in 13 games last year.

It is why many fans have been calling out Harbaugh and the coaching staff for the undisciplined play of the team this year. Between turnovers and missed blocking assignments — the team has looked terrible on offense and we returned almost everyone.

The only player on offense who has looked great is a damn true freshman RB. Without him in week 1 — it would have been a close game. And without him in week 2, we would have lost to Army.

Army is a tough team to play against, but there is no excuse for how poorly UM played against them. If UM plays like that against Wisconsin — they will lose.

The teams who usually give UM the most trouble are those with really quick WR’s and a mobile QB. Wisconsin has neither. That’s why I like UM in the matchup this weekend. UM put up 38 last year and ran for over 300 yards. We return basically the whole offense and a really good true freshman RB.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Wiscy won, but if I’m betting money — I’m taking Michigan. That said — when UM plays OSU, even though it is home, I’m betting the house on OSU if the spread is anything less than OSU -10. I think they boat race us this year again after watching each team thus far.

Glad we got that stuff cleared up after 10 fucking pages.

Bo-Pelini-Drunk.jpg

You mean like I did in my original post 5 pages ago?!? :thumb:

You never answered me — how many times in the past 18 years has Nebraska finished in the top 15?!? :first:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a betting line perspective, I think it's probably right. The line has shifted a ton since August.

Yeah — I think the line is where it should be. UM matches up well with Wisconsin. UM usually struggles with the teams who have a lot of speed. Wisconsin wants to pound the football.

The game will come down to how UM’s DL holds up against Wisconsin’s OL.

As far as UM’s offense vs Wisconsin’s defense — I’m lost on what we will see. UM is running a new offense, but it is nothing like we thought we’d see. They have done 1 RPO where Patterson kept the ball in 2 games and it was the first play of the season and he hurt his ribs and they haven’t run it since. So it will be interesting to see if they use that or not since they had two weeks to prepare and get Patterson healthy.

If they use the Charbonnet up the middle on Wiscy — we will be in for a long day.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as UM’s offense vs Wisconsin’s defense — I’m lost on what we will see. UM is running a new offense, but it is nothing like we thought we’d see. They have done 1 RPO where Patterson kept the ball in 2 games and it was the first play of the season and he hurt his ribs and they haven’t run it since. So it will be interesting to see if they use that or not since they had two weeks to prepare and get Patterson healthy.
Patterson injury would have a lot to do with Shea's timing being off down the field. The Offense and Special Teams has missed DPJ.