• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #11 Michigan @ #13 Wisconsin Fox 11:00 Cent

yodamode

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DeafOranguntan STFU, you flaming idiot.

Jack Coan

@ S. Florida: 73.1%
C. Michigan: 78.8%
Michigan: 81.2%

They don't count statistics only their opinions matter. It's obvious though Coan can throw the rock and make any pass and make solid decisions. He can also run and avoid pressure very well. You can see this with your own eyes and statistically. By far, he's vastly better than the previous two QB's and in terms of pure passing he's been better than Russel Wilson through three games this year. I couldn't be happier with the QB situation. Now for the kicker that's a different story.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was how I expected the game to go if we controlled the line of scrimmage, and boy did we do that. This OL is great as usual, but the big shocker is how dominant our front seven was. They beat the shit out of a Michigan OL that outplayed us badly last year.

There are still some big concerns in the secondary and on special teams, but we have to be thrilled with how we've looked through three games. I don't think we're as good as the best 6-7 teams in the country, but outside of the big guys (Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, OSU, Georgia, LSU and maybe Notre Dame), I haven't seen anyone I think is better than us.

yodamode

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers took their foot off the gas in the second half and completely shut it down. They passed maybe 5 times in the second half when they should've run up the score. The refs took over in the second half for Michigan to lead them to not one but two ref driven TD's and took out the Badgers two safety's for the game. JT didn't even play in the fourth Q. All in all the Badgers just executed the game plan in the first half and that was enough to win. However, to beat a real top 5 team like OSU at the shoe they must play all 4 quarters and the kicker can't miss easy kicks.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Out-coached' Harbaugh, U-M looking for identity

"We were outplayed. Out-prepared, out-coached, the whole thing," Harbaugh said. "Both offensively and defensively, it was thorough. You know, we knew it about their team, and they have the ability.

The Wisconsin defense shut out Michigan's offense in the first half and took a 28-0 lead, which was the first time the Wolverines trailed by 28 or more at halftime since Oct. 18, 1958, when they trailed Northwestern 43-0. The Wolverines only had nine yards rushing, and quarterback Shea Patterson couldn't find the time to make an accurate throw, with pass-rushers in pursuit all game.

It isn't just the offense the needs to find that identity, though, as the defense allowed Wisconsin running back Jonathan Taylor to run all over the field, racking up 143 rush yards and two touchdowns in the first quarter alone.

yodamode

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Out-coached' Harbaugh, U-M looking for identity

"We were outplayed. Out-prepared, out-coached, the whole thing," Harbaugh said. "Both offensively and defensively, it was thorough. You know, we knew it about their team, and they have the ability.

The Wisconsin defense shut out Michigan's offense in the first half and took a 28-0 lead, which was the first time the Wolverines trailed by 28 or more at halftime since Oct. 18, 1958, when they trailed Northwestern 43-0. The Wolverines only had nine yards rushing, and quarterback Shea Patterson couldn't find the time to make an accurate throw, with pass-rushers in pursuit all game.

It isn't just the offense the needs to find that identity, though, as the defense allowed Wisconsin running back Jonathan Taylor to run all over the field, racking up 143 rush yards and two touchdowns in the first quarter alone.

Harbaugh is done after this year unless Michigan is dumb enough to hold onto him.

yodamode

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was how I expected the game to go if we controlled the line of scrimmage, and boy did we do that. This OL is great as usual, but the big shocker is how dominant our front seven was. They beat the shit out of a Michigan OL that outplayed us badly last year.

There are still some big concerns in the secondary and on special teams, but we have to be thrilled with how we've looked through three games. I don't think we're as good as the best 6-7 teams in the country, but outside of the big guys (Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, OSU, Georgia, LSU and maybe Notre Dame), I haven't seen anyone I think is better than us.

Who have those teams beaten? Outside of LSU beating Texass (which was a closer game than the final score).

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this sums up the Michigan program:

8D080F20-1BEE-414E-A77D-9CA04784ED6A.jpeg

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is absolute trash (which is why Illinois is currently blowing us out) and I was an idiot for pumping up Martinez as a legitimate QB. Also, Clemson 2018 and Miami 2001 were clearly better than 1995 Nebraska.

I can't believe you'd say that, but I accept your apology.

Last edited:

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is done after this year unless Michigan is dumb enough to hold onto him.

Can't, it costs like a billion dollars to buy him out; that and who do you replace him with? There's no obvious replacements available; as frustrating as it is for a fanbase that wants to win national titles or at least @ Ohio State, you can't jettison a guy just because he's not living up to your ridiculous expectations unless you have a replacement.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn’t that long ago and Michigan was talking about a lifetime contract for Jim.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wondering how long Jimbo is, currently, under contract for. I'm too lazy to look it up.
He signed a seven year deal good through the 2021 season. If they were to fire him at the end of this season, he is owed $15 million, after 2020 it’s $5mill.