• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

11-2

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, first time in a looong time they’ve posted back to back to back 10+ win seasons and there the kind of consistency you need to recruit to the next level.

Overall I was impressed with the bowl win. It was a complete game against a highly motivated opponent. They had every reason to mail it in and didn’t. So proud of their effort.

Also I don’t know if Rees is a long term solution and I’m still leaning toward no but I appreciated the commitment to at least try and running the ball. Even when it wasn’t always there it allowed the O-line to get into a rhythm.

Better to end the year with a sound win even if not the best bowl opponent.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the defense was solid, keeping the cyclones out of the endzone, and no big mistakes.

the offense was efficient, committed no turnovers, kept penalties at a minimum, but seemed as though they could have scored more points and put the game away earlier. the play calling did seem questionable at times, going against the percentages. transitioning to tommy rees this late in the season probably hurt more than helped.

for the season, 11 wins, one early season loss to a talented georgia team on the road, and one bad game, the michigan debacle in a terrestrial rainstorm, which is looking like an anomaly. seems they could be ranked much higher than they are. not among its best seasons historically, but still all things considered, a solid year. notre dame is simply not a top 5 recruiting school. probably closer to 15.

Last edited: