• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

11/12, Myers is AL ROY, Fernandez takes NL ROY

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find most threads very amusing, actually. There are some real battles (lots of name-calling & shit talking) going on in Politics. Lots of nekkid chicks in NSFW, rap battles in the NBA rooms, a Sexual Fantasies thread and even an ancient thread about whether to wipe front to back or back to front (which I'd never given thought to for men, I just assumed since women HAVE to go front to back, y'all did, too). I've learned some interesting things and some things I can't ever un-know. :bawling:

(and now I've gotta go check ALC Smack Talk out because I'm a glutton for punishment! hahaha!

Bust on the Tigers & Detroit & a few of the homers in there & youll get an eye full :lol:

That wiping front to back is way old - probly carried over from cBS

Name calling & shit talking - pretty much any team thread. Lions & 9ers get pretty interesting

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find most threads very amusing, actually. There are some real battles (lots of name-calling & shit talking) going on in Politics. Lots of nekkid chicks in NSFW, rap battles in the NBA rooms, a Sexual Fantasies thread and even an ancient thread about whether to wipe front to back or back to front (which I'd never given thought to for men, I just assumed since women HAVE to go front to back, y'all did, too). I've learned some interesting things and some things I can't ever un-know. :bawling:

(and now I've gotta go check ALC Smack Talk out because I'm a glutton for punishment! hahaha!

I figure I am in the samll minority of folks who think they should have some sort of good handle on the subject at hand before I offer up any sort of opinion anywhere at all. Hence, I stay here, only in the MLB universe.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure I am in the samll minority of folks who think they should have some sort of good handle on the subject at hand before I offer up any sort of opinion anywhere at all. Hence, I stay here, only in the MLB universe.

& for that same reason I stay clear of the Politics forum

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those who write on shit house walls
Roll their shit in little balls
Those who read these words of wit
Eat those little balls of shit

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ells just didnt seem to have his heart in it this season. Better off gone

Nap, on the other hand, became one of the faces of the franchise. Hed be a helluva loss & should be given a raise reflecting his value

I don't know about that with regard to Ellsbury, but I think it is time for both to move on from each other.

I may be in the minority among Sox fans, but I look at winning the WS as gravy in a season we weren't supposed to. Given that, I am all for going all in with our kids in 2014 and let them develop at the major league level. I still think we will be a very competitive team with Bradley in CF.

The only guy I want the Sox to re-sign is Napoli, and that is because he was good offensively and defensively, and we do not have a prospect ready to take over.

I would like us to re-sign Salty, but if it is not in the cards, then we go with a short term answer for 2014 to platoon with Ross.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those who write on shit house walls
Roll their shit in little balls
Those who read these words of wit
Eat those little balls of shit

Brilliant! :laugh3:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that with regard to Ellsbury, but I think it is time for both to move on from each other.

I may be in the minority among Sox fans, but I look at winning the WS as gravy in a season we weren't supposed to. Given that, I am all for going all in with our kids in 2014 and let them develop at the major league level. I still think we will be a very competitive team with Bradley in CF.

The only guy I want the Sox to re-sign is Napoli, and that is because he was good offensively and defensively, and we do not have a prospect ready to take over.

I would like us to re-sign Salty, but if it is not in the cards, then we go with a short term answer for 2014 to platoon with Ross.

Wish Id saved it, but there was something on Twitter that rang true w/regard to Ells. While Nap was running around town tending bar & partying with fans Ells was on a plane going home

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope you don't have those expectations of me! haha! I know a little about everything and a lot about nothing.
:lol:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you don't have those expectations of me! haha! I know a little about everything and a lot about nothing.
:lol:

I don't have expectations of anyone here. I just was sharing mine of myself, and, at the same time, showing that I take what goes on here far too seriously.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow we were lucky with the little amount of snow we got. Areas to the east got up to 6 :L

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow we were lucky with the little amount of snow we got. Areas to the east got up to 6 :L

Yikes. And here I was, debating whether to put the top down or not when I went to lunch.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes. And here I was, debating whether to put the top down or not when I went to lunch.

Sweet! Heres a shot of my back yard around 9am....

attachment.php

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A free Byrd no longer. Funny how this guy had to hit 30 before he got any kind of good, and, he has just gotten better ever since.

The Mike and Ike Show on 94WIP in Philly is reporting that the Phillies will sign Marlon Byrd Ken Rosenthal has confirmed the deal. Adam Rubin of ESPN New York.com reports that the deal is for two years, $16 million.
Byrd, who is 35, hit .291/.336/.511 with 24 homers and 88 RBI for the Mets and Pirates. His right-handed power is scarce on the market and, after last season, when many teams passed, he may be a more attractive target than most people’s gut may tell them. Sure, Granderson, Choo, Cruz and some others will be better, but they’ll also cost more. Corey Hart has health questions. Raul Ibanez is ancient. Carlos Beltran probably wants to go to a winner and is increasingly becoming immobile. And remember: the Phillies gave nearly 300 plate appearances to Delmon Young last year, so this is a sharp upgrade.
Byrd will be returning to the franchise which drafted him in 1999 and for whom he played in the majors from 2002 through the early part of 2005. $16 million is a lot of money, but we’re in a world where a lot of players will be making a lot more money than we might expect them to. The real key isn’t the money: it’s whether spending the money prevents the Phillies from doing other things they want to do.

"Fountain of youth?"

Last edited by a moderator:

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to drive at least 4 hours to see that. There's no snow at Mt. Hamilton, right BigD? Can't see from my office- can you?

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Granderson said no to the QO, is it a good bet that Ellsbury will be heading to NY??

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to drive at least 4 hours to see that. There's no snow at Mt. Hamilton, right BigD? Can't see from my office- can you?

Zero on Mt Hamilton & zero on The Santa Cruz Mountains either. We will likely get a few days of dusting of both, like usual.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish Id saved it, but there was something on Twitter that rang true w/regard to Ells. While Nap was running around town tending bar & partying with fans Ells was on a plane going home

as Hawk Harrelson would say..."He Gone!"

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You got to start hanging with Sarah Palin. If she can see Russia from her porch you should be able to see Mt. Hamilton from your office :laugh3: