• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10/16 GDT Turdinals @ Bum

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has mentioned this...

Boch took Bum out after retiring 13 straight for a PH. That PH was none other than Michael Morse.

Bochy sees button. Bochy presses button. Bochy wins game.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing we made the right pick when we drafted Buster, eh? Lol......

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another World Series for us. Wow! This has more than made up for all the Giant heartbreaks from my childhood.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOOOO HOOOOO GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT 6-3 and series 4-1...Party On !!

Hey Man, the Giants had it all the way.I picked them from day one to go to the Ship. They never wavered,always believed in each other, played loose and together and now can be called NL Champions for the year 2014. The Giants are a Rock N' Roll Machine. In yet another game for the ages the San Francisco Giants WIN the NL Pennant 6-3 on a Walk-Off HR by Travis Ishikawa.

I took the train out to the yard Thursday looking for a ticket and the streets were packed like it was a baseball street fair.There was anticipation in the air of the Giants winning and moving on to their third World Series in the last five years. I took in the atmosphere as I searched for a ticket to the Greatest show on Earth. The cheapest I could find however was $250 -$300 for a Standing Room Only. Way out of my price range so I listened to the radio, settled into a little eating spot down the street and watched it on the tube.

Jon Miller, Kruk, and Kuip were really on their game as they described the action like it was fine art in a museum. You can't write a better script than the one that went down at AT&T Park where memories continue to shine in fans minds. On this October 16th , 2014 something very special happened. A guy who everyone loves on the team Travis Ishikawa who started the year in Pittsburgh , a journeyman ,stamped out his mark on history by stepping up in his biggest game ever and launching a 3 run Walk - Off HR in the 9th inning to win the NL Pennant . It does not get much better than that for making baseball history.

Lets go back to the beginning of this all-time classic game. The Giants trailed after Jay hit a double to score Cruz in the 3rd inning to put the Cards ahead 1-0. In the bottom of the 3rd the Giants came back as the pool hustler himself..young Joe Panik the Rookie who has nerves of steel hot a 9 ball down the right field line that dropped nicely into the Arcade for a 2 run HR as Panik used a little body english to get it there 347 feet away. Panik really came up large for the Giants this year when they needed him most and he will take that HR memory down the road with him forever.

In the 4th Adams and Cruz homered off Bumgarner to retake the lead 3-2. It got quiet from there as we went all the way to the 8th without much going on. The 8th inning belonged to Michael Morse who pounded a ball deep to left for the biggest HR of his career. Morse who has been fighting back from injury seemed to fly around the bases with his arms out like he had wings. As he entered to a loud powerful dugout he sprung out and took a curtain call as the fans went wild. A big HR from the Force who is back and the game was tied at 3-3.

With the crowd at a fever pitch in the 9th inning Casilla struggle some but got a huge break when a ball headed to the 5.5 hole was tipped by a sliding Sandoval and it happened to end up in Crawford's glove to get a key force out at 2nd base. Affeldt came in with the sacks loaded and he has been nails in postseason got Taveras on a comebacker that he took all the way to first on his own to end the Cards threat.

Bumgarner pitched well going 8 inning s giving up only 3 ER winning the MVP of the NLCS. Got to give Ishikawa at least half of that trophy because it was his shot that rocked the World. Ishikawa should not have to buy another meal in SF ever again after his dramatic HR sent the crowd and millions watching into a frenzy. It was a huge party after the game as fans jumped for pure joy and high fived their way into surrounding bars. The cars honked their horns for the NL Champs and boy of boy was that sound sweet.

Just a tremendous series with a tip of the cap to a battling Cards team who gave it everything they had. More memories and more fun at the yard in the Greatest City in the World. R
emember the Giants OWN October and now they OWN 3 NL Pennants in the last 5 years. On to KC for the Wild Card Series as the journey continues . Buckle up it should be one helava ride. Hey the Giants are going to the Ship ! WOOOO HOOOO !!

Go Giants !!:yes:

Giants Pride. Congrats to Bochy , the boys , and the entire Giants Organization.

Men on a Mission.

:suds::clap::thrasher::salute::boxing::headbanger:

on youtube...

Triumph - Rock 'N' Roll Machine -1983

I borrowed some bubbles from the Dodgers since they won't be needing them.

Ladies and Gentleman the great Don Ho.

on youtube...

Don Ho Sings "Tiny Bubbles" - Hollywood Palace 1/21/67

on youtube..

Travis Ishikawa Walk -Off HR Game 5 -NLCS

Last edited by a moderator:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We going to the Ship

posted by shilario

on youtube...

:suds::clap:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triumph - Rock n Roll Machine

posted by Concordbelt creation

Don Ho Sings "Tiny Bubbles" - Hollywood Palace - 1/21/67

posted by dentelTV2

Travis Ishikawa Walk -off HR Game 5 NLCS

posted by G4MarchMaddnesHD

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real question...

If Ishi's ball had been 2 feet shorter and hit the wall instead of going over it, what should the official call be? Single? Double?

I know that if there was a runner on first, he would have been credited with just a single. But would he have been credited with a double since the lead runner needed to advance 2 bases?

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real question...

If Ishi's ball had been 2 feet shorter and hit the wall instead of going over it, what should the official call be? Single? Double?

I know that if there was a runner on first, he would have been credited with just a single. But would he have been credited with a double since the lead runner needed to advance 2 bases?

Probably a single as he would have made sure to touch first then waited for Arias to cross the plate then celebrate.